The Local Non-League Thread

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Re: The Local Non-League Thread

Post by Holystone... » Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am

The Dream Boat wrote:Got back from Wembley a couple of hours ago, gutted <cry>

Brilliant experience though, both sets of fans were excellent made more noise than any game I've ever been to despite there 'only' being 20,000 there, never felt a stadium vibrate like it did when our goal went in and everyone was jumping, really thought we'd do it <neg>.

Wembley is an amazing stadium, enjoyed the little peeks of London I got would definitely do it all again and I'll be getting to a lot more games next season.
Me too. My mate did most away games this year with them .Loved it. :)
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Mon May 19, 2014 6:24 pm

The Dream Boat wrote:Got back from Wembley a couple of hours ago, gutted <cry>

Brilliant experience though, both sets of fans were excellent made more noise than any game I've ever been to despite there 'only' being 20,000 there, never felt a stadium vibrate like it did when our goal went in and everyone was jumping, really thought we'd do it <neg>.

Wembley is an amazing stadium, enjoyed the little peeks of London I got would definitely do it all again and I'll be getting to a lot more games next season.
I was surprised at how good the atmosphere was, really good for the amount there. Gateshead fans were really good <ok>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Ordered my 'flex 15' ticket for Gateshead <divax>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:35 pm

El barco del sueño wrote:Ordered my 'flex 15' ticket for Gateshead <divax>
Wrong thread <whistle>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Marwood's gone to St Mirren <wah> <wah>

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:56 pm

From one of our feeder clubs to another.
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:15 am

El barco del sueño wrote:Got back from Wembley a couple of hours ago, gutted <cry>

<party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party>
SpoilerShow
Bit of a shame for them really, but I think they'll do well next season.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:42 pm

fatbastardvegetarian wrote:
El barco del sueño wrote:Got back from Wembley a couple of hours ago, gutted <cry>

<party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party> <party>
SpoilerShow
Bit of a shame for them really, but I think they'll do well next season.
Blyth cronut <grim>

On the bright side Oster has resigned and we've got four new signings to be announced <diva>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:16 pm

4 players in one day <divax> and JJ is back <party>

96tommy
Wood's Touch

Post by 96tommy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I have been to many York games as of late so know quite a bit about Rankine and Allan. Tom Allan has a bright future head, not up to football league standard but quite a few fans was surprised he did not accept a contract at the club.
Rankine on the other hand is.... dreadful. Made a return to York just over a year ago but his appearances during this loan spell were very un-successful.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:57 pm

96tommy wrote:I have been to many York games as of late so know quite a bit about Rankine and Allan. Tom Allan has a bright future head, not up to football league standard but quite a few fans was surprised he did not accept a contract at the club.
Rankine on the other hand is.... dreadful. Made a return to York just over a year ago but his appearances during this loan spell were very un-successful.
Yeah someone on twitter was on about Allan being linked with Sunderland last summer and by the sounds of things he seems fairly promising.

Not expecting much from Rankine, got 7 goals for a woeful Hereford side last season so hopefully he can chip in with a few. He probably won't be much more than a bit part player tbh with the system we play, Shaw being back and Mills looking for another striker.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Rodman <divax> Grimsby fans fuming <laugh> <awe>

Team shaping up nicely.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:40 pm

In my quest to get fitter and healthier my local non-league team have said I can train with them in pre-season. A mate from the pub plays for them and asked the manager and physio if it was possible.

I have a 10k run on Wednesday evening :(

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Heed won 3-0 away against a decent Wrexham side to go with a 3-1 on Saturday vs Torquay. 4 points against big spending newly promoted Eastleigh this Saturday (away) and Grimsby next Saturday (home) would be a magnificent return from 4 tough opening fixtures.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Come on the Heed. only £14 to pop along to support them in their quest for League status.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Just read this article on the plight of Gateshead <****>
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... l-16212565
As Dunston is my non league team i've just been a casual observer of what's happening at the Heed but i didn't realise it was this f***ed up.
Hopefully some good can come out of this mess and there will still be a Gateshead FC.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm
As Dunston is my non league team i've just been a casual observer of what's happening at the Heed but i didn't realise it was this f***ed up.
Hopefully some good can come out of this mess and there will still be a Gateshead FC.
https://www.gofundme.com/save-football-in-gateshead

Small summary of events for those who don't know.

March/April last year Bennett's put the club up for sale, deal agreed with unknown buyer a couple of months later but fell through due to buyers failure of fit and proper test. Some weeks later a Ranjan Vargehse (sp) takes over the club.

Steve Watson, with the lowest budget in the league assembles a cracking young side full of local talent who push for the play offs, besting Salford who have players on Gateshead's entire weekly budget. Watson leaves for York in the league below, in November (I think), volunteers who have manned turnstiles for decades are sacked and lifelong president Graham Wood, ex owner who made the modern Gateshead FC what it is today relinquishes his honorary post.

Recalled loan players can't be replaced due to a transfer embargo and two more players are sold behind new manager and Heed legend Ben Clarks back. 15 senior players remain on the books. Incredibly we still had a shot of the play offs with two games to go.

Players aren't paid in March, club is kicked out of the International Stadium, bills to local companies left unpaid.

Season finishes, no players offered new contracts all non playing staff, including the manager let go by a copy and paste text/email.

Turns out the guy who originally failed the fit and proper test is one Joe Cala. Vargehse is just a front, Cala 'volunteers' as a financial adviser and thus does not have to fulfil any of the FAs fit and proper tests. He's ruined or tried to a Serie C/D team, Belper Town and Morecambe. He's currently got a man named Nigel Harrop on the board of directors who liquidated Ilkeston Town.

There are now rumours of a name change and move to Kingston Park.

The above isn't even the half of it, there is a guy called Michael Di Stefano an adviser and intermediary for Varghese who mouths of about the fans/manager/council on twitter another guy called Michael Williams who's vanished.

Google the names, look them up, read the full story. Most importantly though try and give a few quid to a local club in need, there's not many of us who support Gateshead and we normally support Newcastle or Sunderland as well but we love our club annnd f*** any club that these bastards call their own, do not go near it.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 03, 2019 3:40 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm
As an aside I love Dunston, fave non league ground by far, been there for a few pre season games and of course the FA Cup game last year.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Total shambles hopefully some good can come out of this.
here's the go fund me page if anyone is interested in helping out.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-football-in-gateshead

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 06, 2019 3:27 pm

That's horrible. Begs the question why someone so terrible and destructive as a football club owner wants the job.