Radiohead

Amnesiac
-

Re: Radiohead

Post by Amnesiac » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:11 pm

The situation wrote:The seond albulm is the best for me, but pyramid song and everything in its right place also stand out!!
Kid A is possibly the most amazing album I've ever heard. The Bends is far too jokey for me to consider a favourite.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:19 pm

The Bends got me into Radiohead. Hail To The Thief made me love them. Kid A is brilliant but as a whole i prefer HTTT
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
The situation wrote:The seond albulm is the best for me, but pyramid song and everything in its right place also stand out!!
Kid A is possibly the most amazing album I've ever heard. The Bends is far too jokey for me to consider a favourite.
To be honest I have listened to Kid A alot less then the bends think because the Bends was on in my car for about a year non-stop, so technically Kid A could be a better albulm but the bends is my favourite..

Suppose thats the beauty of music!

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Le wilde un » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 am

I had pretty much everything Radiohead had done up until 'In Rainbows' when I somehow forgot how good they were.

Never managed to get my hands on 'Bodysong' though, any good? And does anyone want to buy the cassette single of 'Pop is dead' off me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2jP9OMVI8

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay."

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I thought Bodysong was awful, There Will Be Blood soundtrack on the other hand was great. He seems to re-use a lot of his own material though which is a shame.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 pm

[youtube]Zxvsq-IluaA[/youtube]
<monster>

DembaDemba
Tindall's Hoody

Post by DembaDemba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Did anyone actually like The King Of Limbs album? Love Radiohead but I thought it was pretty s****. Hear they are meant to be touring this year again, they're amazing live, not sure I'd be keen on forking out to go and see them just play the new stuff though...

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

KOL was EP material really; not particularly long enough, varied enough or altogether strong enough for a band like them to seriously think it was worthy of an album on its own. There is good stuff on there though and I enjoy it, but it doesn't feel like an album. I guess after releasing one of their best albums for free they can be forgiven for considering the contents of KOL to be album material.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:43 pm

DembaDemba wrote:Did anyone actually like The King Of Limbs album?
Yep, it's one of those albums you either get, or you don't.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm

I really like King of Limbs. Didn't like it at first, it's definitely a grower though.

A bit like Radiohead in general really. I never used to like them up until a couple years ago.
<monster>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Amnesiac wrote:Yep, it's one of those albums you either get, or you don't.
<scratch> I don't think such albums exist.

DembaDemba
Tindall's Hoody

Post by DembaDemba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Might give KOL another listen. I wanted to like it so bad but just coudn't get into it. Had ridiculously high expectation when I heard Radiohead were releasing another album though...

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

skalpel wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:Yep, it's one of those albums you either get, or you don't.
<scratch> I don't think such albums exist.
Sure they do. I got a Wire album once, but I didn't get the Tom Waits album I wanted because they didn't have it in stock.
<monster>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

A.H wrote:Sure they do. I got a Wire album once, but I didn't get the Tom Waits album I wanted because they didn't have it in stock.
<wenger>

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm

<laugh>

Sorry Skalps
<monster>

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Le wilde un » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
How can you say 'The Bends' is far too jokey? Blasphemy!

Best Radiohead album is 'OK Computer' but then again they haven't done a bad one, and that's including 'Pablo Honey'*.

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay."

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 pm

The Wilde one wrote:How can you say 'The Bends' is far too jokey? Blasphemy!

Best Radiohead album is 'OK Computer' but then again they haven't done a bad one, and that's including 'Pablo Honey'*.
Not really, when you consider that one of the songs (Just) was just a contest about who could get the most chords in a song between Johnny and Thom, it sums up their attitude towards that album perfectly. It's a good album though, as is OK Computer, but they don't have a patch on Kid A.

Should mention, I find that Thom Yorke produces his best work when he's in some form of distress with his surrounding atmosphere, hence the Kid A love. You can sense the depression that he felt at the time coming out in the album.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 pm

[youtube]RmqJ7XijOrI[/youtube]

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Le wilde un » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 am

I can't argue with a Radiohead fan it's impossible. I'll concede though that 'The Bends' was the first album I heard so maybe there's a nostalgia there on my part.

Can anyone find a copy of the song they did on 'Meeting people is easy'? It was near the end and I think it was called 'Big Boots' but I've never been able to find a clear copy of it.

I'd just like to point out that the end of the chorus leading back into verse on little by little is something I just can't t work out. The rhythm changes and I'm bewildered by it, it's like an equation I just cant figure out, but the result astounds me, but probably noone else. Except someone of course, on youtube, who pointed out the same thing and said its the little things that make music, and it's always the case for me, i enjoy the little things.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 am

The Wilde one wrote:I can't argue with a Radiohead fan it's impossible. I'll concede though that 'The Bends' was the first album I heard so maybe there's a nostalgia there on my part.

Can anyone find a copy of the song they did on 'Meeting people is easy'? It was near the end and I think it was called 'Big Boots' but I've never been able to find a clear copy of it.

I'd just like to point out that the end of the chorus leading back into verse on little by little is something I just can't t work out. The rhythm changes and I'm bewildered by it, it's like an equation I just cant figure out, but the result astounds me, but probably noone else. Except someone of course, on youtube, who pointed out the same thing and said its the little things that make music, and it's always the case for me, i enjoy the little things.
<laugh> It's personal opinion really, to me it just doesn't seem serious as it was too compliant of the the time. It's a good album though, My Iron Lung is brilliant.

Also, I assume this is what you're looking for?

[youtube]kOuDST1uF20[/youtube]