NFL

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Yank-ball

Post by TBC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Just realised my avatar is going to be officially old in less than two weeks time. <grim>

TommyToon
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by TommyToon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:14 am

TB12 wrote:Meh, at least we kept it competitive until the end but it wasn't an enjoyable watch. Hard to look passed the Panthers mind, could be another Seattle style roasting and that's not me being bitter (okay, maybe a little bit).
Possibly but this actually reminds me of that SB48 match up... with the roles reversed this time. #1 offense, not really been in any tight games all season, lighting it up in the passing game with a complimentary running game and coming in full of confidence bordering on cocky with the majority of the media rooting for them VS the #1 defense (that matches up pretty well reading this article http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/nfl- ... e-mismatch), game managing QB, low scoring offense.

I think we match up better vs Carolina than we did vs NE as the intermediate crossing routes are our Achilles heel and have been all season long. As long as we can keep the 4-man pressure, restrict Cam to minimal yards with his feet and then contain Olsson (sp?) then I think we've got a fighting chance. If it's close at half time I like our chances - Panthers won most of their games by having huge leads early on and then playing not to lose. Our offensive line needs to step it up though! Can't win with most of our runs going from -2 to +2 yards...

Should be an entertaining Superbowl nonetheless <ok>

Oh and Brady impressed me on Sunday with the amount of times he got hit yet kept coming back for more.
I'm cycling 6 stages of the Tour de France in July 2018 to raise money for charity. If you'd like to sponsor me then please click the link in my user profile! Thank you!

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:37 am

I'd like to see Panthers win too. I've always liked watching a running quarterback, and their games are always entertaining.

I'm still a bit bitter about the Broncos dude eye gauging a Colts players during regular season, so screw them.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 pm

TommyToonAA wrote:Possibly but this actually reminds me of that SB48 match up... with the roles reversed this time. #1 offense, not really been in any tight games all season, lighting it up in the passing game with a complimentary running game and coming in full of confidence bordering on cocky with the majority of the media rooting for them VS the #1 defense (that matches up pretty well reading this article http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/nfl- ... e-mismatch), game managing QB, low scoring offense.

I think we match up better vs Carolina than we did vs NE as the intermediate crossing routes are our Achilles heel and have been all season long. As long as we can keep the 4-man pressure, restrict Cam to minimal yards with his feet and then contain Olsson (sp?) then I think we've got a fighting chance. If it's close at half time I like our chances - Panthers won most of their games by having huge leads early on and then playing not to lose. Our offensive line needs to step it up though! Can't win with most of our runs going from -2 to +2 yards...

Should be an entertaining Superbowl nonetheless <ok>

Oh and Brady impressed me on Sunday with the amount of times he got hit yet kept coming back for more.
I know you can only play who's in front of you but that 14-0 run was definitely against mainly weak opposition and I wasn't expecting the Panthers to go far in the play offs. It's a bit similar to Leicester in the PL with the 'when do you start taking them seriously' thing, they put 30 points up on a still very credible Seattle D in the first half and 49 points against the second seeded 12-4 cardinals. They are very much the real deal this year and, whilst Seattle almost came back I think they've shown they're capable of putting up points against anyone. I agree that the score at HT will probably signal where the game is going as they definitely appear to be a first half team (if that's a thing).

Whilst I don't want your lot to win I do actually want a decent game <laugh> SB48 was SO boring.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:56 pm

[tweet][/tweet]

10 of the last 11 Super Bowls have been won by the team in white... <worried>

PFT

Post by PFT » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Got work on the Monday after Superbowl off so I can stay up and watch it. <awe>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

TommyToon
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by TommyToon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 am

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Got work on the Monday after Superbowl off so I can stay up and watch it. <awe>
Me too <dotheameobi>
I'm cycling 6 stages of the Tour de France in July 2018 to raise money for charity. If you'd like to sponsor me then please click the link in my user profile! Thank you!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:19 am

I asked at work if I could work from home on the Monday but was told I'd have to take it as annual leave so I asked the missus if she'd mind me taking a days annual leave so I could watch the Super Bowl.

I had to explain what the Super Bowl was.
I then had to tell her that American Football was a sport.
I then had to tell her that even though I didn't actually support any of ther teams playing, it doesn't matter for the Super Bowl.
I then had to tell her that it was played late at night because it was played in the States and they were many hours behind us.
I then had to tell her why watching a recording of it just wouldn't be the same.
I then had to tell her that I'd likely never get to watch the full 6 hours of coverage because I never have 6 hours to myself in a month.
I then had to tell her I was sorry for being a selfish prick and thinking of using a day of holiday for myself and blaming my family for personal unhappiness because they like to spend time with me.

I ain't watching the Super Bowl.

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 am

TommyToonAA wrote:
Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Got work on the Monday after Superbowl off so I can stay up and watch it. <awe>
Me too <dotheameobi>
Me three. Going up London to Sports Bar & Grill again <dotheameobi>
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

TommyToon
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by TommyToon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Southern fairy wrote:
TommyToonAA wrote:
Me too <dotheameobi>
Me three. Going up London to Sports Bar & Grill again <dotheameobi>
Which one? I watched a bunch of the rugby world cup matches at the one in Farringdon. Great atmosphere there and barely ever see any trouble even when they're showing multiple football matches.

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 pm

TommyToonAA wrote:
Southern fairy wrote:
Me three. Going up London to Sports Bar & Grill again
Which one? I watched a bunch of the rugby world cup matches at the one in Farringdon. Great atmosphere there and barely ever see any trouble even when they're showing multiple football matches.
Yeah that one. Went there for SB two years ago and it was great.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:59 pm

I've asked for extra work on Monday so I don't have to watch that prick Manning anymore.

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:I've asked for extra work on Monday so I don't have to watch that prick Manning anymore.
<laugh> Why's he a prick? Apart from the awful tv adverts he does.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Southern fairy wrote:
Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:I've asked for extra work on Monday so I don't have to watch that prick Manning anymore.
<laugh> Why's he a prick? Apart from the awful tv adverts he does.
Long faced knob. He's well past it to be honest, should have hung up his boots at the end of last year.
I hate both the Mannings.

Devlin
Wood's Touch

Post by Devlin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:08 pm

I have never understood american football.

PFT

Post by PFT » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Predictions for the big one tonight then? I can't see past Carolina for it but then the Broncos have got that ridiculous D.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Predictions for the big one tonight then? I can't see past Carolina for it but then the Broncos have got that ridiculous D .
<perv>

PFT

Post by PFT » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:
Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Predictions for the big one tonight then? I can't see past Carolina for it but then the Broncos have got that ridiculous D .
<perv>
Panthers have really gotta attack the Broncos D. Really go at it.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:31 pm

I might watch the first quarter tonight.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Anyone watching?