Basketball

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Basketball

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Yeah, i cannot see anything other than GSW going to the finals unless they have a couple of injuries to key players.

On another note; Massive respect to Isaiah Thomas for coming out and playing just after the death of his sister, was disappointed with the media coverage of it, thought it was a bit invasive and disrespectful.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

I Feel sorry for Westbrook, the guy just doesn't get any support from his teammates whatsoever and the 4th period summed it up; his team are 11/12 points up, he gets benched and then his team just crumbles and by the time Westbrook comes off the bench again he has to do it all because everyone else just couldn't score/defend the lead.

I know the guy plays with a chip on his shoulder, but when you have players around him who simply do not step up to the plate, he must be PISSED OFF!!!

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

The OKC front office need to get the right players in if they're going to build around Westbrook. Good players who don't mind deferring the spotlight but aren't afraid of the spotlight when it shines on them. They need to be a genuine threat when Westbrook draws the double team.
If this happens OKC can move forward. It won't be easy getting the balance right at OKC but if they do they could bloody a few noses.

Watched a few play-off games.
Also watched a few documentaries on The Greek Freak. He's gonna be special that boy. Great athleticism, amazing skills for his size, mature for his age and more importantly he comes across as a great lad who wants to learn and get better. I really hope the distractions don't steer him away from reaching his potential.
A 6ft 11in point guard with hands the size of f*cking dustbin lids!!! FFS!!!

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

Been some great games so far.
Grizzlies and Spurs series is tight.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:52 pm

PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:Been some great games so far.
I was hoping the Spurs would win that series 4-1 but the Grizzlies are no pushovers themselves (Heard that the last game was an epic OT win for the Grizzlies).

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:Been some great games so far.
I was hoping the Spurs would win that series 4-1 but the Grizzlies are no pushovers themselves (Heard that the last game was an epic OT win for the Grizzlies).
It was 110 v 108, Grizzlies win. Real close game.
Kawhi Leonard is playing very well, and at both ends. Not quite enough this game but he did everything and more to win it. He hit some real clutch shots, but then so did the Grizzlies!

Warriors are probably still favourites overall but coach Steve Kerr has had to step down till the end of the season. Only way Warriors can lose it is if Moyes gets the job!!!!! <laugh>

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:14 pm

PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:
Kawhi Leonard is playing very well, and at both ends. Not quite enough this game but he did everything and more to win it. He hit some real clutch shots, but then so did the Grizzlies!

Warriors are probably still favourites overall but coach Steve Kerr has had to step down till the end of the season. Only way Warriors can lose it is if Moyes gets the job!!!!! <laugh>
<laugh>

Is there a reason Kerr has had to step down? Is it the same back problems that kept him out last year (or was it the year before <scratch> )?

I can only see another GSW v Cavs final (Unless both teams get some bad injuries to key players and other capitalise on it).

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am

PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:

<laugh>

Is there a reason Kerr has had to step down? Is it the same back problems that kept him out last year (or was it the year before <scratch> )?

I can only see another GSW v Cavs final (Unless both teams get some bad injuries to key players and other capitalise on it).
Yes, it's discomfort from his previous back operation. Seems to be in a lot of pain and the amount of long distance, quick turn around travelling in the play-offs will only make it worse.
Yes, that's what the finals is starting to look like, especially now that the series are best of 7 so there's less chance of a few quick punches landing. It's similar to darts and snooker, the best usually wins and there's very few shocks.

An update on Kerr, he might be available to study video of games so that could be a huge help when analysing the opposition. Without the pressure of managing the actual games this could really help the GSW as there's probably few better to pick apart tactics. Given his physical limitations as a player Kerr was one of those who really had to understand the game.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Really can't stand Harden and the Rockets. They are just horrible to watch.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Mifune wrote:Really can't stand Harden and the Rockets. They are just horrible to watch.
So happy the Spurs won yesterday <diva>

Manu Ginobili rolling back the years with a vintage performance (that block in OT <awe>).

Although, whoever wins is going to lose to GSW especially as they now have a good resting period before they play next.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 pm

A comprehensive win by the Spurs in the end which was quite surprising, seeing as Kawhi didn't play and Parker being out.

Harden was just non-existent throughout, mainly in part to the Spurs' defence the whole game (Simmons was immense!). But i also think that Harden just cannot do it when it counts. Hence why i think Westbrook should be MVP. Even when OKC lost to the Rockets, Westbrook was still giving his all unlike Harden who just didn't turn up at all, we all know the guy has no defence but when his offensive game is just as bad, i actually think the Rockets play worse when he's on the court.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat May 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Yeah so good seeing Harden s*** the bed. Absolutely pathetic performance. Not the first time he has choked badly in an important playoff game as well.

Completely agree about Westbrook. Same with Wall yesterday; had a crap first half shooting about 20% but came out and was amazing in the second half and won the game with a clutch 3 pointer.

Looking forwards to GSW vs the Spurs although the Warriors will probably win it 4-1. Hoping for the some Pop and Kawhi magic though.

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 am

Don't know what happened to Harden. Choke?, it looked like he'd never seen a basketball before. Some of the misjudged passes he threw made Sunderland's midfield look like a well oiled machine.

Anyway, Newcastle Eagles are in the final today against Leicester Riders. Is it me or don't the Eagles get the praise they deserve?? Unless i'm in the wrong part of the forum they barely get a mention on here. Strange as they're probably newcastle's most successful sports club and second best basketball team of all-time in the north east.

Anyway, Good Luck to Blakey, Fab and the Team.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Mon May 15, 2017 7:29 pm

[streamable][/streamable]

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 am

Come on number 1 pick. I want Fultz!

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am

Celtics <divax>

When we get swept by the Cavs <neg>
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm

f*** the celtics and their Nets pick.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Mifune wrote:[streamable][/streamable]
I love Pop and his interviews <awe>.

He'll go down in history as one of the greatest coaches/managers in all of sports. No question about it.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

LeBron is just destroying the Celtics <awe>.

He is 32 and might be playing the best bb of his career. He's not human.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 am

41 point lead at the half! <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>