Tomski
16%

Total votes: 62

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 am

People who use pointlessly obscure words in emails.

Someone just emailed me and the first line started 'Apropos of yesterday...', who talks like that? I had to google Apropos. For anyone interested it means 'with reference to/concerning'.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:51 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:People who use pointlessly obscure words in emails.

Someone just emailed me and the first line started 'Apropos of yesterday...', who talks like that? I had to google Apropos. For anyone interested it means 'with reference to/concerning'.
Your floccinaucinihilipilification process annoys me.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:50 am

I mean, it's not unreasonable to expect you to be able to comprehend that A priori <whistle>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:

I mean, it's not unreasonable to expect you to be able to comprehend that A priori <whistle>
f*** you COT, making me google A priori too <laugh> <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
**** you COT, making me google A priori too <laugh> <roll>
<laugh> I had to do that years ago when my Italian supervisor kept using it. I think she, in a vocabulary sense, wanted me to pull myself up by my aglets...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Ed sheeran headlining Glastonbury on a Sunday night. Should've had Biffy doing it.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Ed sheeran headlining Glastonbury on a Sunday night. Should've had Biffy doing it.
So incredibly boring compared to Foo Fighters last night.
<monster>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Acid Hippo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Ed sheeran headlining Glastonbury on a Sunday night. Should've had Biffy doing it.
Yep, completely agree.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:32 am

Acid Hippo wrote:
Boring on tv, amazing for those who are there.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

ALF wrote:
Acid Hippo wrote:
Not if you have a good taste in music <ok>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:46 am

PTAO wrote:
ALF wrote:
Not if you have a good taste in music <ok>
That's just **** though. Whether he's your thing or not you can't deny that he's just entertained 100,000 people on a farm.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 pm

ALF wrote:
PTAO wrote: Not if you have a good taste in music <ok>
That's just **** though. Whether he's your thing or not you can't deny that he's just entertained 100,000 people on a farm.
And 7 million people watch X-factor. Are you going to tell me that's brilliant TV?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm

ALF wrote:
PTAO wrote: Not if you have a good taste in music <ok>
Wonder if that would put Dave off of his hobby?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

PTAO wrote:
ALF wrote:
And 7 million people watch X-factor. Are you going to tell me that's brilliant TV?
People enjoy it. It's easy entertainment. People like 'reality tv' so fans of it watch all these shows. As far as reality shows go it is up there with the best of them so yeah it's brilliant at what it is. Ed Sheeran is a musician, he's one of the best around today. He's just headlined Glastonbury alongside Radiohead and Foo Fighters and the crowds loved all 3. Hardcore music fans loved him so I'd say he was brilliant as well.

On a side note, can't believe people are saying he was fake playing over a backing track and vocals. Absolute morons.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:04 pm

I've nothing against Ed Sheeran and don't mind some of his songs, but compare the crowd last night to the crowd on Saturday.

I know that they're completely different styles of music but there's absolutely no comparison. Foo Fighters had the place jumping, Ed Sheeran brought a mellow/pleasant end to the festival.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I've nothing against Ed Sheeran and don't mind some of his songs, but compare the crowd last night to the crowd on Saturday.

I know that they're completely different styles of music but there's absolutely no comparison. Foo Fighters had the place jumping, Ed Sheeran brought a mellow/pleasant end to the festival.
Foo Fighters were s*** hot. Unbelievably good. Ed had the crowd singing along and having seen him at Glastonbury in 2014 he is entertaining in his own way and it worked well for the Sunday. One bloke, an acoustic guitar and a loop pedal.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:17 pm

ALF wrote:
PTAO wrote:
People enjoy it. It's easy entertainment. People like 'reality tv' so fans of it watch all these shows. As far as reality shows go it is up there with the best of them so yeah it's brilliant at what it is. Ed Sheeran is a musician, he's one of the best around today. He's just headlined Glastonbury alongside Radiohead and Foo Fighters and the crowds loved all 3. Hardcore music fans loved him so I'd say he was brilliant as well.

On a side note, can't believe people are saying he was fake playing over a backing track and vocals. Absolute morons.
Pop music has less to do with talent and more to do with aggressive marketing by record labels.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:I've nothing against Ed Sheeran and don't mind some of his songs, but compare the crowd last night to the crowd on Saturday.

Foo Fighters were s*** hot. Unbelievably good. Ed had the crowd singing along and having seen him at Glastonbury in 2014 he is entertaining in his own way and it worked well for the Sunday. One bloke, an acoustic guitar and a loop pedal.
I'd have had Ed Sheeran as the penultimate act personally. Barry Gibb also had the crowd singing along. Maybe it's personal taste.

Yeah, Foo Fighters were s*** hot! Had my TV volume turned all the way up.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

PTAO wrote:
ALF wrote:

Pop music has less to do with talent and more to do with aggressive marketing by record labels.
Aggressive marketing? He chucked 2 songs on his YouTube channel randomly at the beginning of the year and everyone lost their s***. He's reached a point where he doesn't need a label to overexpose him.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:49 pm

ALF wrote:
PTAO wrote:
Aggressive marketing? He chucked 2 songs on his YouTube channel randomly at the beginning of the year and everyone lost their s***. He's reached a point where he doesn't need a label to overexpose him.
Anymore.
That doesn't make him good, it just makes him popular.