http://www.christianforums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8%

Total votes: 75

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Tsi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 am

My favorite line ever on RTG that appears in a 181 page thread on Rafa in reply to a Mag kernt.
Has Rafa just gave you that Happy Ending:lol: whatever floats your boat mr obsessed
<awe>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 pm

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/r ... 6/page-304
Still a long way to go. Plenty of promoted sides have made superb starts in recent years before being relegated that season.

Charlton sticks out when they went up in 98. I think by October they were sitting top 6 after having drew 3-3 at Anfield. They then just lost a few games and the confidence plummeted.
"Plenty" = it once happened to Charlton 20 years ago.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/r ... 6/page-304
Still a long way to go. Plenty of promoted sides have made superb starts in recent years before being relegated that season.

Charlton sticks out when they went up in 98. I think by October they were sitting top 6 after having drew 3-3 at Anfield. They then just lost a few games and the confidence plummeted.
"Plenty" = it once happened to Charlton 20 years ago.
Remember when Sunderland had a good start to the season? No? Me neither. <scratch>

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:27 pm

With the pot being empty , there seems little chance that they can buy striker in Jan window . Downward spiral for them I predict .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 pm

I don't think they'll be anywhere near the playoffs but they will be miles from relegation. We'll see Sunderland back in the PL withing the next five years.
Kindly deeds done for free!

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:40 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:I don't think they'll be anywhere near the playoffs but they will be miles from relegation. We'll see Sunderland back in the PL withing the next five years.
100%
Don't hinder the Trinder

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Sunderland will absolutely not be in the Prem within 5 years I don't think! They're loaded with debt and it's pretty clear Short can't be f***ed investing any more money. That wouldn't be too bad if they had valuable assets they could auction off but they've got f*** all now Defoe and Pickford have gone. The entire club is operating from top to bottom in a poisonous atmosphere. Their wages to turnover is around 75% of premiership turnover too, wouldn't surprise me if it hit 90% or more now they've got relegated. They have a big rebuild on their hands before they get promoted

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 pm

They'll be in administration within a year. Not looking good at all for them financially.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:06 am

I love RTG. They are so belligerent. Are they like that in real life, or just online where it's nice and safe?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Just went on RTG for the first time in ages. It's gotta be said... some of the gallows humour on there is hilarious <laugh>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am

there's a certain degree of Schadenfreude for the small minority of Sunderland fans who are eejits, but also I don't want the club to go pop and never see them again. Especially since moving away from North East, feel mackems and geordies have much in common

looks bad for them
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:there's a certain degree of Schadenfreude for the small minority of Sunderland fans who are eejits, but also I don't want the club to go pop and never see them again. Especially since moving away from North East, feel mackems and geordies have much in common

looks bad for them
I agree, the vast majority of SAFC reflect our own fan base; Mostly the same backgrounds with a nice mix of locals and people from other areas/countries. Also a similar proportion of absolute whoppers, it has to be said.

No one deserves to see their club go under completely, however a stint in League 1 would be amusing for a little while at least.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am

It's been awhile...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/thre ... ll.105643/

It's pretty well known Everton fans have shadow syndrome from Liverpool being the dominant club in the area; hence their affinity with Sunderland. After browsing their forum, I'm of the belief that the lack of vitamin D has twisted them into pasty, bitter people and has led many to develop an irrational hatred for Newcastle fans too - apparently due to thinking we're too big for our boots (Koppites of the North etc). All well and good if they themselves were tempered in their expectations and demands, yet here they are, with their average pre-game prediction being about 4-0. They might be the most oblivious fans in the league at the minute.

Lovely stuff.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am
It's been awhile...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/thre ... ll.105643/

It's pretty well known Everton fans have shadow syndrome from Liverpool being the dominant club in the area; hence their affinity with Sunderland. After browsing their forum, I'm of the belief that the lack of vitamin D has twisted them into pasty, bitter people and has led many to develop an irrational hatred for Newcastle fans too - apparently due to thinking we're too big for our boots (Koppites of the North etc). All well and good if they themselves were tempered in their expectations and demands, yet here they are, with their average pre-game prediction being about 4-0. They might be the most oblivious fans in the league at the minute.

Lovely stuff.
I'm sure Rafa as our manager hasn't improved their feelings towards us either.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 pm

I always thought that Evertonians didn’t mind Rafa? Obviously he has Liverpool connection, but he did a lot for the city too and always thought that counted a lot for Everton fans (despite him being a red).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 pm
I always thought that Evertonians didn’t mind Rafa? Obviously he has Liverpool connection, but he did a lot for the city too and always thought that counted a lot for Everton fans (despite him being a red).
Yeah I don't think there is anything in the Rafa factor. Everton had an irrational hatred for us before Rafa was our manager.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Whilst you can’t judge a whole fan base on forums and twitter, I’ve always found Evertonians to be among the most obnoxious arrogant fans out there.

Cunts. The lot of them.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Tbh I cba reading through 93 pages of it <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:37 pm

I'd forgotten about both this thread and grandoldteam but as soon as I saw the thread I knew what it would be about <laugh>

Bitterer than a pickled Lawrenson

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon May 06, 2019 11:44 pm

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/w ... g.1472185/

As a Gateshead lad it annoys me when people think the Angel and Sage are in Newcastle. However it is fair to say as the biggest club in The North East with fans from all over we are allowed a few monuments on our flag.

I certainly can't imagine having such a sense of entitlement over a building that I'd have an autistic meltdown over it.