Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by beatski » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:NUFC have paid £5 into my bank account <scratch>
A new signing <ohnoes>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Bad jokes galore at the Budget 2017, made up figures, and a load of MPs oblivious to the needs of normal people.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Bad jokes galore at the Budget 2017, made up figures, and a load of MPs oblivious to the needs of normal people.
Normal people need moats. Then MPs will understand them.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Bad jokes galore at the Budget 2017, made up figures, and a load of MPs oblivious to the needs of normal people.
It is bad regardless of who is in power. Im lucky enough to not have money worries, and every year I check the budget calculator Im better off than the year before. Its not right <disgrace>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am

Yes, luckily at the moment the wife and I are ok financially. A large part of that is down to having no kids so we don't have child care costs and can both work FT.

What annoys me is that my sister is a single parent with a 7 year old son and works FT for below average wage (£20k a year). Crazily, she would be better off if she cut her hours right down and topped her pay up with benefits. She'd be better off not working FT so it's like you get penalised for wanting to work.

Every penny of her income is needed for bills etc each month, she rents a flat but cannot save so there is zero chance of her ever getting her own place.

Another thing that pisses me off is the state of the NHS. My wife has worked for them for over a decade and the whole system is at breaking point, almost every area is critically understaffed and there is huge pressure on those trying to cover everything. It has gotten significantly worse over the past 5 or 6 years and as a result of the huge pressure at work my wife now suffers from anxiety. She's not the only one. There's a reason that so many medical professionals are leaving. Yet more money is spent on f***ing Brexit negotiations. I also think that crap like spending hundreds of millions on driverless cars can wait. This isn't just the NHS, the police and fire services have also had huge cuts and it's everyone that suffers. Those on the front line (and numbers are falling) and those phoning 999 and having to wait longer for someone to arrive.

We're looking in to emigrating in the next year or two as this country is f***ed.

Early morning rant over <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:24 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
What annoys me is that my sister is a single parent with a 7 year old son and works FT for below average wage (£20k a year). Crazily, she would be better off if she cut her hours right down and topped her pay up with benefits. She'd be better off not working FT so it's like you get penalised for wanting to work.
The Tories have tried to address this issue, albeit with not great results. That was a motivation for getting rid of tax credits and introducing Universal Credit. Fundamentally, if the government will top up people's earnings when they are paid too little (as tax credits did), business will take advantage of this effective subsidy and pay less than the fair amount. Well meaning ideas to help people who aren't well off, but with a bad unintended consequence.
Of course if you say "remove the top up and the market will adjust" in the short term loads of people suffer because it takes time for it to happen/ people need jobs so don't move. Not sure there is easy solutions, but I'd go for more aggressive minimum wage rises, price people out of needing this help.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

Have you ever wondered why it's usually quite cloudy in Scotland?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42081892

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Have you ever wondered why it's usually quite cloudy in Scotland?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42081892
<laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am

Whenever I hear an East 17 Christmas song; remembering this happened cheers me up:
SpoilerShow

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:24 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Whenever I hear an East 17 Christmas song; remembering this happened cheers me up:
SpoilerShow
<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> Who eats three jacket potatoes?!!!! <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 pm

My 5-a-side team absolutely bottled it in Powerleague last night.

We sat top of division 3 only by +10 GD with two games to go and we lost to 3rd place last night despite having 2 subs and the opposition having none.

We still sit top as 2nd place have a double fixture in the final gameweek next tuesday, but there's no way they're not going to capitalise.

It's like 95/96 but a thousand times worse.
<neg>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Electrician has been round this morning as our lights upstairs kept blowing. Apparently whoever installed the spotlights (prior to when we bought the house) did a right cowboy job. The lights have been completely covered with loft insulation and boarded over and been getting so hot that they've melted. Could easily have caused a fire so quite lucky really. Now I've got about 10 spotlights to replace with fireproof LED ones and a new fuse box is needed too <urgh>

My advice to anyone still living with their parents, never move out!

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:35 pm

What streaming websites do people use for TV shows nowadays? My usual one has died and I dont know any others <grim>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

beardface wrote:What streaming websites do people use for TV shows nowadays? My usual one has died and I dont know any others <grim>
Netflix, you cheap bastard <roll>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 pm

beardface wrote:What streaming websites do people use for TV shows nowadays? My usual one has died and I dont know any others <grim>
Netflix, Amazon Video and NowTV.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm

ALF wrote:
Netflix, Amazon Video and NowTV.
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Netflix, you cheap bastard <roll>
The programme I want to watch isn't on any of these you pricks <wenger>

I found a new website without your help. <disgrace>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Independent learning, it's the way forward <gent>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Anyone else struggling through the final 1h 5mins of the working week?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:48 pm

12 minutes.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 pm

3 <divax>