Football Manager

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: FM18

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:42 pm

TBC wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
I agree. I gave up on these games about six or seven years ago when they took the attempts to make it realistic past the point of being fun.

I just wanted a few hours of playing at being a manager to get over the stress of the day, instead these games started to feel more like work than playing a game.
You guys do know that they release a condensed "classic" version alongside the main game each year? Great if like me, all you care about is picking the team, watching circles, and signing players.
No, didn't know that!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Alfie wrote:Ridiculously in depth now, not sure how much is gained by some it. Started a Newcastle save, spent ages getting scout & data analysis reports on 2 players then once I'd signed them they turned out to s****!
Which players are these now?

Once I can get rid of Diame I'm looking to bring in Liam Kelly from Reading
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Alfie wrote:Ridiculously in depth now, not sure how much is gained by some it. Started a Newcastle save, spent ages getting scout & data analysis reports on 2 players then once I'd signed them they turned out to s****!
I love the depth. Especially dynamics, that’s super cool. But then I’m a masochist with FM. Currently playing with Darlo in the Conference North <erk>
I had the first custom w***

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Lassassinblanc wrote:

Diame (& Ritchie) are our best players on the game. <erk> <erk> <erk>
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Alfie wrote:
Lassassinblanc wrote:

true I've actually start ply Diame as a box to box and he is a beast
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Alfie wrote:
Lassassinblanc wrote:

Seriously? <neg>

A lot of work to do in the transfer window then.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Chappy wrote:
Alfie wrote:
Seriously? <neg>

A lot of work to do in the transfer window then.
Kind of hoping the takeover goes through IRL then when they do the Jan transfer update to the game we suddenly have £500 mill to spend <laugh>
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
TBC wrote:
You guys do know that they release a condensed "classic" version alongside the main game each year? Great if like me, all you care about is picking the team, watching circles, and signing players.
No, didn't know that!
Didn't know that either. Thanks for the info will have to investigate. <cheers>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:09 am

So just coming up first real match in Premier League at home to Palace. I'm not going to lie the squad is very well balanced and doesn't really need much investment(having only 10m to spend curtailed this mostly) as their is two players for each postion.

As mentioned colback is squad leader so I didn't want to risk the wrath of the dressing room by selling him so he'll stay for now.

I brought Amim Younes from Ajax for €5m to provide competition for Atsu on the left wing so as said I now have two players I can rely on in each position* (I'd initially intended to have Aarons but of course he got injured for the season)

Eliott and Darlow have similar ability, Darlow obviously younger so has some room to improve but starting season with Rob as he done well in pre-season. I did look to bring in another Keeper but for the 5m I had left to spend their wasn't anyone who would have been better so I'm happy to go with the above two and Woodman as number 3.

Right back Manquillo is young and is rated at 4.5 star potential currently 3 star. De Yedlin is basically just pace and stamina really again is 3 star rating. Used Manquillo more in pre-season as he linked up better with Ritchie on the right.

Left back- Dummett is actually one of the best players in the squad, brought Haidara up from the U23's to play backup as Jesus Gamez is ok

Centre back is probably the best position cover wise we have four very decent options, Lejuene and Mbemba will rotate as ball playing defenders, Lejuene in particular is very good in the tackle and bringing the ball out and has a decent pass on him. Lascelles and Clark will rotate for the other cb position

CM- Merino is a beast just like real life has potential to be a 5 star player played him as a deep lying playmaker which gives him time on the ball to pick out the runs of my wing backs , Shelvey is Shelvey great passer of the ball but picks up bookings needlessly.

Hayden is good young can improve, Also have Colback and Saivet in there to provide cover for the above.

Atsu is my left winger and as i've said brought in Younes for 5m which I think is going to be a bargain.

Ritchie on the right cutting onto his left peg which is lethal, Murphy provides the cover for him

Perez and Diame are my attacking mid behind lone front man

In pre-season I rotated the 3 of Joselu, gayle and Mitro and what do you know

OH JOS-E -LU-LU-LU HE MIGHT SCORE ONE HE MIGHT SCORE TWO

Nope he scored 9 goals in pre-season 4 more then Gayle and Mitro combined who by the way seem fairly injury prone so he'll be starting up top

So my team to start the season will be

-------------Elliot
Manquillo-Lejuene-Lascelles(c)-Dummett
-----------Merino----------------
---------------------Shelvey------------
Ritchie------Diame----------Atsu-------
--------------Joselu--------------

Darlow-Haidara-clark-Hayden-Perez-Gayle-Younes
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:16 am

How is Colback squad leader? That's bollocks.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 am

Chappy wrote:How is Colback squad leader? That's bollocks.
Haven't a breeze <laugh>.

The squad dynamic is actually mad everyone seems to get on. There is one massive Core group of players and then a secondary group with the new signings from the summer. Joselu was part of this initially but has now become a member of the core group.
I'll Hazard a guess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 am

Need to get a new laptop to play this on. Any recommendations?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Will be illegally downloading this soon as its cracked <diva>

Currently still playing FM17, im literally Ashleys ideal manager as im buying up talented youth players turning them into world beaters and selling them on for huge profit <erk>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm doing brilliantly with Toon currently second having just lost my first game of the season 4-3 against Liverpool away had a goal disallowed which afterwards got message to say it should have been a goal.

Brought in few players on loan as I got rid of Colback and Saivet.

Sturaro from Juve to add a bit of steel
Grulic from Liverpool to give jonjo some backup
Ulloa to add something to strike force
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Not a fan of the scouting system so far...

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:18 am

Chappy wrote:Not a fan of the scouting system so far...
it's different alright.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 am

I can't afford it, so I just put the steam mod in for all the transfers. Sold Colback for 10m to Saints, bizarrely. Got rid of Shelvey, Gayle and Dummett. Had Mitro on loan for a few years then eventually sold for a loss. Two years in bought a player for 32m+ loads of installments, a 17 year old striker called Sheyi Berry from West Ham. Eventually went up to 47m. Debut season scored 30 in 28. Then 32 in 36 and 33 in 27. Sold him to City for 80m, spent a year and a half whinging about leaving. But this is all in FM17 so not really relevant!
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Installed the demo earlier today - first thing I notice is the overpricing of everyone on the game. Really struggled to get players for all positions I targetted.

List of Targets:

GK - David Raya
RB - NONE
LB - NONE
CB - Diego Reyes, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa
CM - Stefano Sturaro, Matthias Jensen, Tim Sparv, Oguzhan Osyakup
RM - NONE
LM - NONE
CF - Stipe Perica, Raul Jimenez

-------

Had a £3.7m bid accepted for Yanga-Mbiwa but his wage demands were way too high, so my sights switched to Diego Reyes, who I signed for £3.2m (thanks to a post in here).

Shifted Mo Diame out and Dwight Gayle too for a total of £13m.

Raul Jimenez was in talks to sign, after a £9m bid was accepted, was hoping to make him the new number 9 but he had no interested in joining thanks to a lack of Champions League football. Donis Avdijaj was brought in on loan just in case I'm unable to get a deal done for a new striker.

-------

Opening game of the season saw us host Manchester City. Fell behind after 26 minutes, with a goal from Aguero (who else..?). Decided to go for it in the second half, which saw Christian Atsu score a goal of the season contender, running 60 yards with the ball, beating 4 men and slotting in off the post. Game ended 1-1. Arsenal away next..

-------

1 - Man City (1-1 l Atsu l 12th)
2 - Arsenal (?-?)

-------

Current Starting XI - Darlow; Manquillo, Reyes, Mbemba, Haidara; Ritchie, Shelvey (c), Hayden, Merino, Atsu; Mitrovic.

kyletoonfan
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by kyletoonfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:56 pm

How much is it. I'm currently on the year before on my ipad and I'm Newcastle and Saivet has been pretty good for me and strangely Lazzaar has to currently in the 3rd season and in the Europa League got Real Madrid in the Quarters already knocked out AC Milan. Gayle and Mitro and Thauvain have been pretty good for me on it.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Been awhile since I updated so
so finished first season in 7th and won league cup got taken over so had a nice bit of money to spend in the summer

currently just after January transfer window in second season. I'm top by 4 points and in 1st knockout round of Europa League vs Zenit

Squad:
GK-Raijkovic-€8m bargain from Maccabi only 22 years ahead of him only conceded 18 goals so far (compared to 50 odd Darlow/Elliot had a same point season before), Darlow and Woodman provide cover Elliot gone to Watford on a loan to buy deal if he plays 30 league games I get €4.5m

Rb: Toijan €18.5 from Dortmund needed a new right back as Manquillo and yedlin aren't the best seen this lad on transfer list after Dortmund failed to make Europe has been one my best players with 12 assists from right wingback, Sterry providing cover after I sold Manquillo for €8m and Yedlin for €15m

cb: Lascelles, Clark,Mbemba and J Evans -bought for €4m after West Brom got relegated, Lejeune went to Bournmouth with Yedlin for €12m seemed to good an offer to reset as he failed to connect well with any of the other cb's and gave away stupid fouls which led to goals.

lb- Cresswell €23m expensive outlay but wanted someone who could cross from leftback and he has done a decent job with 5 assists so far, Dummett there for backup

cm- Shelvey,Merino,Sturaro (made permanent for 5m),Wilshire (came in on a free after release from Arsenal fairly injury prone but has a great eye for a pass), Barlaser

wings- left: Atsu,Younes,
Right: Falque (€14m from Genoa struck up great partnership with Toijan) , Murphy, Kluivert (Was offered him in January transfer window in first season for €5m another steal can play either wing or in the hole behind striker)

Got a €35m bid for Ritchie from Monaco couldn't say no as similar to Lejuene he wasn't really playing well

AM- Ayoze Perez(beast), Maher (free transfer from PSV- done okay has a nasty habit of shooting from range which doesn't seem to want to be trained out of him).

CF: Michy BATIGOL!!- €10.75m in January 2018 started slow but start banging them in at end of season finished with 12 goals in half a season, so far this season he has 18.

Sally Rondon- another player I picked up from the relegated West Brom €14m and our new number 9 after Gayle went to Hull for €18m has done really really well as alternative to Michy currently on 16 goals 11 in the league which makes him top scorer in PL fro me ahead of Michy by only 2 though.

Just sold Mitro to Wolves for €15m as he wasn't playing and was starting to moan and wasn't having the greatest of seasons.

Dolberg brought in to replace him on loan from Dortmund who wanted 118m for transfer fee so wasn't paying that but on loan is okay.

My target for rest of season hoepfully try to win the league, but I'd be delighted to remain in top 4 as luque says above certain players won't even consider joining you unless you are playing there.
Have my eye on Milik from Napoli had a €40m bid accepted in summer only for him to reject hence why I went for Rondon

moment i'm playing a 4-2-3-1 which adapts to either a 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 depending on game scenario. i.e if behind with 20m to go I'll bring on Michy/Rondon and push the wingers up if winning shall bring Perez/Maher off and bring in another cm to shore up the first if works can then easily go back to a 4-4-2 if when back in game.

I actually think that is one of the best new parts you can set it to change your style depending on the current scoreline automatically of course you have to confirm it but very handy if chasing and holding on to a result as detailed above
I'll Hazard a guess