NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Graw wrote:Talisca and Tosun in a double deal? <awe>
Tosun looking unlikely now with Besiktas quoting silly money, not a chance we could afford him now, think realistically they won't let him leave for any less than £30m

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

I'm amazed this thread has 3 pages tbf, who actually expects us to sign anyone next month?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am

TBC wrote:I'm amazed this thread has 3 pages tbf, who actually expects us to sign anyone next month?
Me <gent>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Someone s*** like Glen Murray probably.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Someone s*** like Glen Murray probably.
He'd be mint! <run>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm

If Ashley is here it'll be Danny Ings on loan and that'll be it

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Chronicle put out an article of something that I had thought about a few weeks back, basically saying if the takeover is at exclusivity by January then PCP could potentially loan the club some money for transfers with a payback clause should the deal fall through.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm with Shay Given, defo should be going after Alexis Sanchez.
SpoilerShow
Not that it's a case of the media twisting what he said...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Heisen wrote:If Ashley is here it'll be Danny Ings on loan and that'll be it
It's not ideal but I'd take that. This season was always going to be about survival, and as long as he's fit (which is far from guaranteed) he's shown in the past he can score at this level.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm

CIH wrote:
Heisen wrote:If Ashley is here it'll be Danny Ings on loan and that'll be it
It's not ideal but I'd take that. This season was always going to be about survival, and as long as he's fit (which is far from guaranteed) he's shown in the past he can score at this level.
He's scored 13 PL goals. His best season was 11, only 2 better than a 21 year old Mitrovic who was on the bench nearly half the season. 4 better than Gayle got in his first PL season when he was on the bench and out wide a lot.

He's not a bad played but he's definitely under the 'got better by not playing' category.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

ALF wrote:
CIH wrote:
He's scored 13 PL goals. His best season was 11, only 2 better than a 21 year old Mitrovic who was on the bench nearly half the season. 4 better than Gayle got in his first PL season when he was on the bench and out wide a lot.

He's not a bad played but he's definitely under the 'got better by not playing' category.
Ings was good. He had a 1 in 3 record as a 22 year old, new to the Premier League in a club that battled relegation (they might've even got relegated?). I know Mitro's stats are pretty much the exact same, but Rafa clearly doesn't like/trust him so we might as well bring someone with a similar goalscoring record in. Just for the sake of dropping Joselu.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm

beardface wrote:
ALF wrote:

Ings was good. He had a 1 in 3 record as a 22 year old, new to the Premier League in a club that battled relegation (they might've even got relegated?). I know Mitro's stats are pretty much the exact same, but Rafa clearly doesn't like/trust him so we might as well bring someone with a similar goalscoring record in. Just for the sake of dropping Joselu.
He was good 3/4 years ago. His running was one of his best assets and he's had 2 really bad knee injuries. Just seems like a massive gamble. Although I'd have had him over Joselu even when he was out injured.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 pm

ALF wrote:
beardface wrote:
He was good 3/4 years ago. His running was one of his best assets and he's had 2 really bad knee injuries. Just seems like a massive gamble. Although I'd have had him over Joselu even when he was out injured.
I'd love to see Mitro have a run, but as has been said doesn't look likely to happen. I'm not saying Ings on loan is the answer to our problems, or would necessarily be a good move, I just think that it's the minimum we should expect. The fact we have a multitude of top scorers now at more or less the halfway point - all on two goals - shows that we need a bit m ore bite up front.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:51 pm

I've got better knees than Ings and mine are knackered.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Nathan Redmond linked this morning
SpoilerShow
In my head

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

The Sun saying that we wouldn't pay £20M for Luke Shaw today.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Paul Dummett's Right Foot wrote:The Sun saying that we wouldn't pay £20M for Luke Shaw today.
Not Spanish enough.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Paul Dummett's Right Foot wrote:The Sun saying that we wouldn't pay £20M for Luke Shaw today.
Good.

He'd be a decent signing but is out of contract in summer and still has to gain full fitness. £10m tops.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Contract runs out end of next season, £20M for him is a steal for me. Was quality at Southampton, and obviously just needs to be a regular in a side to reach his potential. If he was back there playing the way he was before he moved, he'd be going for £50M plus this summer coming easy.

Long term spending £20M on him is far wiser than pissing £12M up the wall on players like Murphy.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Paul Dummett's Right Foot wrote:Contract runs out end of next season, £20M for him is a steal for me. Was quality at Southampton, and obviously just needs to be a regular in a side to reach his potential. If he was back there playing the way he was before he moved, he'd be going for £50M plus this summer coming easy.

Long term spending £20M on him is far wiser than pissing £12M up the wall on players like Murphy.
He's overweight and barely played in 4 seasons. Also had a double leg fracture in that time.