The F1 Thread

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Bottas testing the halo in FP1, looks f***ing awful. Considering the safety of F1 over the past 20+ years it's completely unnecessary.
It must get in the way of their view. Seems like a crap idea to me, I cant believe it wont effect their driving

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 am

s*** race at a s*** circuit to finish the season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:48 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:s*** race at a s*** circuit to finish the season.
For a race track where the designer was given a blank canvas and a super-sized shed full of cash to create something; he did a really s*** job.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:44 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:s*** race at a s*** circuit to finish the season.
For a race track where the designer was given a blank canvas and a super-sized shed full of cash to create something; he did a really s*** job.
Yeah, dreadful. It's a shame that it'll stay on the calendar due to money. Wish they'd go back to ending the season at a real circuit such as Brazil.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
Yeah, dreadful. It's a shame that it'll stay on the calendar due to money. Wish they'd go back to ending the season at a real circuit such as Brazil.
Provisional race calendar has been released and the piece of s*** track is once again the final stop.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:11 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Provisional race calendar has been released and the piece of s*** track is once again the final stop.
They should flip it and stick Abu Dhabi as the first race (which would make sense logistically as Bahrain is next on the calendar) and put Australia as the final race. Late-November is early summer in Australia so it's not like the whether would be an issue. If possible knock Japan down a bit and end on Brazil > Australia > Japan or something.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
They should flip it and stick Abu Dhabi as the first race (which would make sense logistically as Bahrain is next on the calendar) and put Australia as the final race. Late-November is early summer in Australia so it's not like the whether would be an issue. If possible knock Japan down a bit and end on Brazil > Australia > Japan or something.

Personally I prefer the s*** tracks to be last. If the Championship is over by the last race, at least a good track isn't wasted.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 pm

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Personally I prefer the s*** tracks to be last. If the Championship is over by the last race, at least a good track isn't wasted.
That's a fair point. But then it's always a case of what if it does go to the wire and you're lumbered with a s*** track. It's 50/50 I guess.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
PTAO wrote:

That's a fair point. But then it's always a case of what if it does go to the wire and you're lumbered with a s*** track. It's 50/50 I guess.
And perhaps the s*** tracks hamper any end of season excitement

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Booked my flights to Marseille in June for the French GP - £154 each, not too bad. Got the villa with pool booked before F1 dates were confirmed so got it for a bargain price <diva>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Kvyat named Ferrari development driver.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Kubica named reserve driver for Williams.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Haas have unveiled thier new car and it looks quite good.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Onboard footage looks f***ing horrendous, so not only do the cars sound s*** but they also look s***. F1 will be shedding fans, they already lost a big chunk of the TV audience when it switched to Sky. And with Merc topping both free practices sessions and pre-season testing pointing to an easy title win for them again it could be a boring season.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Onboard footage looks f***ing horrendous, so not only do the cars sound s*** but they also look s***. F1 will be shedding fans, they already lost a big chunk of the TV audience when it switched to Sky. And with Merc topping both free practices sessions and pre-season testing pointing to an easy title win for them again it could be a boring season.
<laugh> It's hilariously s***. I'm pro-halo but they need to figure out some basics with it...
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Speedo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Onboard footage looks f***ing horrendous, so not only do the cars sound s*** but they also look s***. F1 will be shedding fans, they already lost a big chunk of the TV audience when it switched to Sky. And with Merc topping both free practices sessions and pre-season testing pointing to an easy title win for them again it could be a boring season.
<laugh> It's hilariously s***. I'm pro-halo but they need to figure out some basics with it...
I watch the coverage praying that we're not subjected to onboard footage now <laugh>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:01 pm

I dont mind the halo so much, its not nearly as bad as I expected TBH. Looks like Merc on full power is way ahead of the other teams - I want Lewis to win but a bit of close battling would be nice. Good to see McLaren are doing better. Should be a good race tomorrow with the Red Bulls starting on super softs

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:13 am

Seems this one Sky commentator is embarrassing himself ranting about the Halo. Reducing the risk of a driver dying doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the sport. Suggesting it's one step from just putting a speed limit on them and getting rid of the whole point of racing is ridiculous. I'm sure there will be things they'll have to adapt to to make the driver and tv viewer experience better, no doubt, but him suggesting the drivers being safer ruins the excitement of it all is so selfish and stupid to me.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:59 am

For me it's unnecessary, F1 has an amazing safety record over the past 20 years or so. I fail to see how the halo would stop small bits of debris potentially hitting a driver (Massa style), a clear perspex screen would have been better at that. Compare F1 to MotoGP, one is far safer yet they're not talking about putting stabilisers on motorbikes.

Anyway, we can forget the halo sideshow for now. I'm up early, coffee in hand and ready to go racing!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:45 am

Hamilton will be in a good mood <laugh>