Post by beatski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 pm

how's he not been sacked?

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Aldridge Prior » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 am

Oval85 wrote:
skalpel wrote:This old thread is interesting to read re Beardsley and the club's youth.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6067&hilit=beardsley
Legendary ending on that thread <laugh>
Fairly typical of a TF thread. Someone eventually mentions either soiling oneself or genital mutilation.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:54 am

Have the u23s won every match since he was suspended <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Have the u23s won every match since he was suspended <laugh>
Lost once to Norwich.
Heard they look completely different in attitude, more smiles, banter and togetherness like a weight has been lifted.If what I heard is true (granted pub talk maybe one of the lads on here who watches them can confirm) it just goes to show how big a negative influence he's been.

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Luque wrote:u23's winning again today...
The fine work Beardsley has done is finally paying off. Someone else is just taking the credit for it now it seems.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Have the u23s won every match since he was suspended <laugh>
Lost once to Norwich.
Heard they look completely different in attitude, more smiles, banter and togetherness like a weight has been lifted.If what I heard is true (granted pub talk maybe one of the lads on here who watches them can confirm) it just goes to show how big a negative influence he's been.
I was chatting with my neighbour the other day to see how his son is getting on with the U-23s and he's mentioned that he seems far happier since Beardsley was put on leave.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Lost once to Norwich.
I was chatting with my neighbour the other day to see how his son is getting on with the U-23s and he's mentioned that he seems far happier since Beardsley was put on leave.
Seems to fit with what I heard. <ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 pm

If that's the case, hope that feedback is getting received by decision makers. Considering the complete failure of the academy, he probably should have been sacked ages ago, regardless of this. Now after this comes to light, he definitely needs to go.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Newcastle United have extended an investigation following allegations of bullying and racism at the club.

An inquiry was launched after claims were made against the side's under-23 coach Peter Beardsley in January.

Chief executive Lee Charnley is leading a wider investigation into language and culture at all levels of the club.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Charnley is on the case <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Lee Charnley..." to be fair to Peter the new lawnmower, shears and hedge trimmers I've bought him should make his extended gardening leave a little less stressful "
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm

The fact that the u23s have looked like a completely different group and have won more games in the short time he's been suspended than when he was in charge is reason enough to get rid nevermind if he's guilty or not.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Tsi wrote:The fact that the u23s have looked like a completely different group and have won more games in the short time he's been suspended than when he was in charge is reason enough to get rid nevermind if he's guilty or not.
Yeah at least some good is coming out of this, regardless of whether he's guilty or not.

"We have found no evidence to suggest Mr Beardsley has used abusive or racially aggrevated language, nor has he treat anyone unfairly. He has however been found guilty of being a disgustingly bad manager and coach, so we have terminated his contract with immediate effect and Mr Beardsley shall be fired from a cannon at dawn, into the f***ing North Sea."

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 pm

U23s are 4-0 down to Southampton, is Beardsley back <laugh>

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:U23s are 4-0 down to Southampton, is Beardsley back <laugh>
To be fair, Southamptons academy is always stupid good.

Bik
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:24 pm

I guess I’m from an older generation as the quotes of Beardsley’s supposed racism outlined in the Chronic today seem trifling to me. How do these kids manage to cope with a bit of on the pitch goading if these sorts of comments send them running to HR?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Bik wrote:I guess I’m from an older generation as the quotes of Beardsley’s supposed racism outlined in the Chronic today seem trifling to me. How do these kids manage to cope with a bit of on the pitch goading if these sorts of comments send them running to HR?
EErrr i'm from an older generation and if what is being reported is true then i don't find it acceptable to say what was said and don't view that as " a bit of on the pitch goading"
If his comments about running faster and being able to climb better was aimed at everyone then i'd agree but they weren't they were aimed at black players as for the made up language quote that's an incredibly stupid comment to make.
The new claims, reported in The Times, allegedly came to light during the investigation when the club interviewed all of their under-23 and under-18 players, as well as every member of staff.

Several academy players are understood to have testified that Beardsley told a group of African players that “you lot should be better runners” in a training session last year.

On a different occasion, Beardsley is alleged to have accused another group of speaking a “made up language” after hearing their conversation in Arabic.
One player said they were upset by Beardsley’s alleged disparaging remarks about the quality of training facilities and pitches in his country.

The written witness statements have been provided by academy players of several nationalities.

The new allegations against Beardsley are in addition to the claim he said “your lot should be good at this” to African players struggling on climbing bars during a visit to Go Ape.

In a statement released last month, Beardsley’s solicitors, Farley’s, said: “Allegations of unfair treatment have been made, which are currently being investigated.
“Peter Beardsley categorically denies the allegations. It is hoped the investigation will conclude quickly.”
The one thing that is certain is that it should never have come to this a he should have been sacked ages ago for being a useless coach.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation I'd be surprised if he has official ties with the club at the end of it, in any capacity.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm not excusing opposing players making racist comments (because that isn't called for either), but I'd add that your own manager should be held to an even higher standard than those you're competing against. A manager has your career (and for foreign players who haven't made any money - their life) in their hands, and it'd be pretty hard to trust you're receiving fair and equal treatment and opportunities under him if he's saying discriminatory s*** like that to you.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Especially when he's a former senior pro and these are young players.