Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:17 pm

"You lot should be better runners"

My God! Are the players alright? They must go to a therapist ASAP!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:23 pm

R&B wrote:"You lot should be better runners"

Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.

Bik
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Tsi wrote:
R&B wrote:"You lot should be better runners"

Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bik wrote:
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.

BUT THE HAIRCUTS AND THE BOOTS!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Luque wrote:
Tsi wrote:

BUT THE HAIRCUTS AND THE BOOTS!
Don't forget the tatts

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
With the exception of "how long has he been coaching?" (too long, plainly) and "do you play footie?" (yes) all we can do is speculate on the answers to your questions. That's why there's an ongoing investigation.

Bik
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bik wrote:
I didn’t say it’s perfectly acceptable. I stated plenty of stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We don’t know the context. We don’t know what was really said - just a person’s recollection. What was it said in reaction to? What axe do these individuals have to grind, if any? And on and on it goes. It’s the usual internet pile on situation where things invariably get blown far out of proportion. Only know in the age of the internet are things apparently always completely black or white.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
I didn’t say it’s perfectly acceptable. I stated plenty of stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We don’t know the context. We don’t know what was really said - just a person’s recollection. What was it said in reaction to? What axe do these individuals have to grind, if any? And on and on it goes. It’s the usual internet pile on situation where things invariably get blown far out of proportion. Only know in the age of the internet are things apparently always completely black or white.
I agree in general with the bolded but I don't think it applies to this case. There's a history of allegations against him and an investigation going on at the club. It's not as if he's being trialled by twitter.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Colly wrote:
Bik wrote:
I agree in general with the bolded but I don't think it applies to this case. There's a history of allegations against him and an investigation going on at the club. It's not as if he's being trialled by twitter.
<applause>

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:20 pm

R&B wrote:Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
I saw Michael Jordan play on the telly long before I came to know that phrase, so I never felt any anger <laugh>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm

R&B wrote:Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
But the film is made to break that stereotype...

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Bik wrote: Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
The irony! <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Gee, why would I possibly believe the word of many minority players who said enough for the club to suspend him and undertake an investigation over the word of a privileged, white former professional footballer turned privileged badly performing manager. Now I'm not saying he should be fired without due process, but I'll tend to sympathize with and support the victims until proven otherwise. There's enough smoke to suggest there's a fire.

Now I shouldn't assume the background or life experience of people judging how thick of skin the accusers should have, everyone's tolerance and experience varies. But I don't think it's anyone's place to determine what should offend someone else (at least relating to racial discrimination directed at them), especially when you have no idea how often they have similar racist s*** hurled at them in the rest of their lives. As a straight, white male who has always lived in western countries, I've hardly been discriminated against (but have been), but I can only imagine if I had to deal with as much as people less privileged than me do, I'd rightfully have little patience receiving it from my football manager too.

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Luque wrote:
As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

R&B wrote:
Luque wrote:
As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
R&B wrote: As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"
The film didn't include enough transgender albinos for me and that's why I'm outraged.

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
R&B wrote: As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Absolutely correct. Should have some mystery.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
<laugh>

The film didn't include enough transgender albinos for me and that's why I'm outraged.
Or midgets