NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm

A few links starting to appear, some tenuous ones to Mignolet <laugh>

Why on earth would we be interested in signing mignolet when we can reportedly get dubravka for about £5m?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toon Ireland
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Toon Ireland » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 pm

If Stoke go down, and it looks like they will there will be a big scramble to sign Shaqiri. I'd have him in a heartbeat

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Toon Ireland wrote:If Stoke go down, and it looks like they will there will be a big scramble to sign Shaqiri. I'd have him in a heartbeat
He's good on his day but he's a petulant miserable little f***er. I went to Stoke v Newcastle in January and he was an absolute disgrace, put in no effort at all and he was booed off by the Stoke fans.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Toon Ireland wrote:If Stoke go down, and it looks like they will there will be a big scramble to sign Shaqiri. I'd have him in a heartbeat
He's good on his day but he's a petulant miserable little f***er. I went to Stoke v Newcastle in January and he was an absolute disgrace, put in no effort at all and he was booed off by the Stoke fans.
For all I said the other day about the value of players who can be match winners on their day and provide some memorable moments; I agree that Shaqiri is likely one step too far because he's often just so unlikable.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Just had a look at the West Brom squad and the only player I'd have off them would be Evans. He's moving to a top 6 club though I'm sure. No wonder they're f***ed.

I hope in general we steer clear of signing players from the 3 who go down, Id have a few from Southampton if they drop but not sure anyone stands out from the rest.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

ALF wrote:Just had a look at the West Brom squad and the only player I'd have off them would be Evans. He's moving to a top 6 club though I'm sure. No wonder they're f***ed.

I hope in general we steer clear of signing players from the 3 who go down, Id have a few from Southampton if they drop but not sure anyone stands out from the rest.
I'm with you. I think Southampton still has a fair number of good individual players, but they've lost the cohesiveness and playing style that worked for a fair few years. Not surprising given all of the change they've gone through.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
ALF wrote:Just had a look at the West Brom squad and the only player I'd have off them would be Evans. He's moving to a top 6 club though I'm sure. No wonder they're f***ed.

I'm with you. I think Southampton still has a fair number of good individual players, but they've lost the cohesiveness and playing style that worked for a fair few years. Not surprising given all of the change they've gone through.
I've always thought that Ward-Prowse was a tidy player, Soares at RB is ok too. Bertrand will probably go to Liverpool <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm

We already signed Stokes best player.

They're screwed without Joselu

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Would anyone take Forster back? If he'd be willing to be second fiddle to Dubravka anyway <laugh>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:59 pm

CIH wrote:Would anyone take Forster back? If he'd be willing to be second fiddle to Dubravka anyway <laugh>
No way. He'd be about 5th choice here.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Apparently a few West Brom players have relegation release clauses (incl. 3m for Evans apparently)

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Evans be going top six for sure, he's solid backup st the very least, and that price is a steal. I'd have Rondon for sure, scored consistently in a poor wba team last few years

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:51 pm

CIH wrote:Evans be going top six for sure, he's solid backup st the very least, and that price is a steal. I'd have Rondon for sure, scored consistently in a poor wba team last few years
22 goals in 101 games is hardly consistent. He's about as prolific as Shola.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:54 pm

ALF wrote:
CIH wrote:Evans be going top six for sure, he's solid backup st the very least, and that price is a steal. I'd have Rondon for sure, scored consistently in a poor wba team last few years
Seen as WBA don't score many it'd be more interesting to see what that was as a % of their total goals in those 101 games. He's a good player, never going to be prolific but certainly dangerous when he gets a chance.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:
Seen as WBA don't score many it'd be more interesting to see what that was as a % of their total goals in those 101 games. He's a good player, never going to be prolific but certainly dangerous when he gets a chance.
He's not a bad player but I'd hope for better. If he came in as 3rd choice and we shifted Joselu and Gayle and made another signing up front I'd have him.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
He's not a bad player but I'd hope for better. If he came in as 3rd choice and we shifted Joselu and Gayle and made another signing up front I'd have him.
Yes, can't disagree with that.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:00 pm

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Likewise. I realise I wasn't very clear before, I didn't mean to bring him in as a main forward, but would offer something more than what we have. I think the player who should be our main striker is currently at Fulham <awe>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:53 pm

f***ing Mignolet.... rather have Pillow Man in net.

Really hope we get Dubravka though. Especially if it's for around the £5m someone already mentioned - that'd be a steal.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 am

Pretty sure we will get Dubravka. We've got an option to buy as part of the loan deal.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 pm

A few rags linking Lascelles to West Ham <laugh>

£15m <laugh> West Ham <laugh> <laugh>