Basketball

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Basketball

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:09 pm

PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:3-1 now.
Can't see GSW having three bad shooting games if they're given good looks from outside. Cavs need to get right into their faces and give them some kind of pressure so GSW at least have something to think about. Cavs need to change the odds, not wait for GSW to let them work themselves out.
Nothing is impossible but the sheer number of things that need to go the Cavs way across three games would make this a miracle in my opinion. Stack all those low percentages together and you'd have a better chance winning the National Lottery two weeks running!
No team has ever come back from 3-0 down in the finals.
Yeah, i cannot see GSW letting a 3-1 lead slip (again).

The Cavs are going to have to produce their 1st half performance from last game, for the rest of the series to have any chance of winning and i just cannot see Kyrie getting another 40 point game and the rest backing up LeBron in the next 3 games to overcome GSW.

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
PISTON (BLACKCAT) wrote:3-1 now.
Can't see GSW having three bad shooting games if they're given good looks from outside. Cavs need to get right into their faces and give them some kind of pressure so GSW at least have something to think about. Cavs need to change the odds, not wait for GSW to let them work themselves out.
Nothing is impossible but the sheer number of things that need to go the Cavs way across three games would make this a miracle in my opinion. Stack all those low percentages together and you'd have a better chance winning the National Lottery two weeks running!
No team has ever come back from 3-0 down in the finals.
Yeah, i cannot see GSW letting a 3-1 lead slip (again).

The Cavs are going to have to produce their 1st half performance from last game, for the rest of the series to have any chance of winning and i just cannot see Kyrie getting another 40 point game and the rest backing up LeBron in the next 3 games to overcome GSW.
It isn't just hoping Kyrie (etc) have three great games in a row, its also hoping GSW have three poor shooting games in a row. That's asking a lot.
As i said, for GSW to be poor three times in a row with uncontested outside shots is unlikely. However, if the shots are contested then there's a possibility, especially if Cavs get another game back and every shot becomes more important and/or clutch.

Nothings impossible but for me the odds are stacked too far in GSW's favour now. Cavs have zero margin for error.

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 pm

New season up and running.
Terrible start for Gordon Hayward with one of the most horrific injuries in sports history. Not nice to watch if you haven't seen it but most clips have warnings at the start incase you innocently click onto one.
I'll not talk about opening results as they mean little in comparison to Gordon Hayward's leg injury.
The journey is underway though.

football420420
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by football420420 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 am

**** Man wrote:yeh they are looking pretty good. I think it will be them or the bulls against Oklahoma for the title!
Agree :)

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash wtf
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Shocked and devastated at the same time.

He was an all time great, not just in basketball but a sporting all time great. You may not know what sport he played or who he played for, you may not of even liked sports but you knew the name.

There have been very very few people in sports that have had his mentality; a laser like focus with the drive and determination to go through the pain barrier and keep coming back again and again and people loved that mentality and it was something that managed to transcend throughout the world and i think that just shows with all the outpouring of grief worldwide in all forms of entertainment.

"Heroes come and go but legends live forever."

R.I.P Kobe Bryant <rose>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Yep, true legends transcend sports and cultures and are known by people who don't even have the slightest bit of interest in the sport.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?