Saturday Football: Champions League & Play-off Finals 2018

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Saturday Football: Champions League & Play-off Finals 2018

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Jermaine pennant, what an utter knob!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Jermaine pennant, what an utter knob!
What did he say?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Heisen wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Jermaine pennant, what an utter knob!
What did he say?
Posted on twitter about feeling sorry for all the Liverpool players apart from the goalkeeper. Then when people jumped on him started making out that it was just a joke and then coming across like a right self-entitled prick.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 pm

Classic case of a nobhead acting like a scumbag then passing it off as banter.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Heisen wrote:
What did he say?
Posted on twitter about feeling sorry for all the Liverpool players apart from the goalkeeper. Then when people jumped on him started making out that it was just a joke and then coming across like a right self-entitled prick.
Always thought it's rich for any football club to sing You'll Never Walk Alone, because everyone knows you put a foot wrong and they'll run you out of the club, and gladly threaten you and your family's life too. Don't get me wrong, every club has gutless, pathetic fans who'll say stuff like that, but most don't play off a motto like that pretending to support their players better than every other club.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon May 28, 2018 5:47 pm

The reaction to Karius' errors have been alarming. Even when people have criticised the more vulgar tweets aimed at him, there's 3/4/5 Liverpool fans jumping in with 'he gets paid a lot of money' or 'he cost us the trophy tbf' etc. etc. They seem to have a God complex whereby if you criticise their club or it's actions they will rip you apart but seemingly think it's fine to do it themselves to whatever target of their choosing (even in this case one of their own players). They seemingly believe themselves above criticism in any way.

Hence why Hillsborough (rightly) gets the attention it does, but just see what happens if you mention Heysel to a Scouser.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form criticising the JFT96 campaign or blaming Liverpool fans for the tragedy, merely pointing out the hypocrisy that seems to exist in the mind of your average Liverpool fan.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon May 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Times like this it's probably best to remember Robert Enke, do they really want to drive their own Keeper into a pit of depression, the sad thing is if anything were to happen with Karius the hypocrisy would come out and Liverpool fans would all suddenly be come untouchably self righteous.

The players should be ashamed too, they have done nothing to stand by him nor did any of them bother to comfort him afterwards.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Heisen wrote:The reaction to Karius' errors have been alarming. Even when people have criticised the more vulgar tweets aimed at him, there's 3/4/5 Liverpool fans jumping in with 'he gets paid a lot of money' or 'he cost us the trophy tbf' etc. etc. They seem to have a God complex whereby if you criticise their club or it's actions they will rip you apart but seemingly think it's fine to do it themselves to whatever target of their choosing (even in this case one of their own players). They seemingly believe themselves above criticism in any way.

Hence why Hillsborough (rightly) gets the attention it does, but just see what happens if you mention Heysel to a Scouser.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form criticising the JFT96 campaign or blaming Liverpool fans for the tragedy, merely pointing out the hypocrisy that seems to exist in the mind of your average Liverpool fan.
Totally get your point, but unfortunately I expect this kind of thing would happen in today's social media climate no matter which club the keeper played for. People feel entitled to threaten or criticize someone however they want, and all the more if they make more money than them, or are famous. I recognize athletes have more responsibilities due to their crazy wages, but they're still humans, and there's no excuse for the type of vitriol they receive.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Times like this it's probably best to remember Robert Enke, do they really want to drive their own Keeper into a pit of depression, the sad thing is if anything were to happen with Karius the hypocrisy would come out and Liverpool fans would all suddenly be come untouchably self righteous.

The players should be ashamed too, they have done nothing to stand by him nor did any of them bother to comfort him afterwards.
Yeah, wasn't it the Madrid players they came over to him first after the match? I seem to recall they were the ones putting an arm around him, but maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:Times like this it's probably best to remember Robert Enke, do they really want to drive their own Keeper into a pit of depression, the sad thing is if anything were to happen with Karius the hypocrisy would come out and Liverpool fans would all suddenly be come untouchably self righteous.

Yeah, wasn't it the Madrid players they came over to him first after the match? I seem to recall they were the ones putting an arm around him, but maybe I'm remembering that wrong.
Yeah it was the Madrid players that went over to him, Liverpool players just didn't bother

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Unrelated to Karius, but I only just looked up that Salah had been diagnosed with a dislocated shoulder. At the time I thought unless he'd dislocated it, there was no excuse for him leaving the biggest match of his career with an upper body injury - but I guess I judge it less now.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon May 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:Unrelated to Karius, but I only just looked up that Salah had been diagnosed with a dislocated shoulder. At the time I thought unless he'd dislocated it, there was no excuse for him leaving the biggest match of his career with an upper body injury - but I guess I judge it less now.
The way he landed I thought he'd definitely have to go off. As we know from Saylor, when you've popped your shoulder once your much more susceptible to repeat injuries in future too.