The F1 Thread

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by PTAO? » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:<laugh>

Yeah that is the most pointless thing ever. Oh we'll let them unlap themselves, hold up the race, and then when it restarts wave blue flags at them again to make them get out of the way even though they were already out of the way behind the safety car!
Not to defend the unlapping, but their track position doesn't change. They go from behind the cars that have lapped them, round the track and back to behind the cars that have lapped them, so there are no more blue flags and they are just as out of the way as they were before.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:<laugh>

Yeah that is the most pointless thing ever. Oh we'll let them unlap themselves, hold up the race, and then when it restarts wave blue flags at them again to make them get out of the way even though they were already out of the way behind the safety car!
Not to defend the unlapping, but their track position doesn't change. They go from behind the cars that have lapped them, round the track and back to behind the cars that have lapped them, so there are no more blue flags and they are just as out of the way as they were before.
Generally the race restarts before they make it back around to the back of the pack I thought? Either way it still takes ages (we lose an extra lap to two of racing) and is pointless.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed May 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Micky Quim wrote:And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke
Like a 50 place grid penalty <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Quim wrote:And all the penalties don't make sense. The rules are a joke
Like a 50 place grid penalty <laugh>
Theoretically they'd start at the back of GP3 class races.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Ric deserves to win this, bossed it all weekend so far. Chance of rain tho.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Ric deserves to win this, bossed it all weekend so far. Chance of rain tho.
They've been talking this up... <10% chance.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Speedo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Ric deserves to win this, bossed it all weekend so far. Chance of rain tho.
They've been talking this up... <10% chance.
Yeah it probably won't but would be nice if it did.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun May 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Stroll whining <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 pm

This is pretty s****.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 29, 2018 11:39 am

Not really sure that Horner's comparison of the Ricciardo drive at Monaco to Schumacher in 1994 (Spanish GP) is actually that comparable.

Sure he was down on power and had lost 7th and 8th gear but the track layout meant the loss of power wasn't crucial and the drivers never touch 8th gear at Monaco anyway. Add to this that everyone in the top 5 was nursing their tyres to the finish so didn't even want to be in dirty air and his race lead was never really under threat.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 29, 2018 11:51 am

It was a bloody terrible race. Yes it looks great, but really I'd say that there is a strong argument (racing wise) for removing Monaco from the calendar, which I admit will never happen. It's truly awful. It's only on the calendar because it's where all the super-rich show up to pat each other on the back. The fact that Ric was down on power for a big chunk of the race and the Ferrari still couldn't really get close enough to even think about an overtake is embarrassing.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue May 29, 2018 5:03 pm

It was garbage. Monaco is the worst track on the schedule. Yes its steeped in history and has all the glamour but the track is frigging s***. Max showed you could take over but only in a significantly faster car so the race in the front was non-existent. If they are going to keep Monaco (which they obv will) they should focus on making the cars narrower - they should do this anyway to get more overtaking opportunities

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 31, 2018 10:41 am

Micky Quim wrote:It was garbage. Monaco is the worst track on the schedule. Yes its steeped in history and has all the glamour but the track is frigging s***. Max showed you could take over but only in a significantly faster car so the race in the front was non-existent. If they are going to keep Monaco (which they obv will) they should focus on making the cars narrower - they should do this anyway to get more overtaking opportunities
At one point stroll on fresh tyres at the back of the field was 5 seconds quicker than the leaders <laugh>

Cars out front spent most of the race going as slowly as possible. Great racing wasn't it!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu May 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Micky Quim wrote:It was garbage. Monaco is the worst track on the schedule. Yes its steeped in history and has all the glamour but the track is frigging s***. Max showed you could take over but only in a significantly faster car so the race in the front was non-existent. If they are going to keep Monaco (which they obv will) they should focus on making the cars narrower - they should do this anyway to get more overtaking opportunities
At one point stroll on fresh tyres at the back of the field was 5 seconds quicker than the leaders <laugh>

Cars out front spent most of the race going as slowly as possible. Great racing wasn't it!
Fooking w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 am

Looking forward to the Canadian GP this weekend, one of the highlights of the season for me. I've walked around the track before but would definitely like to go there for a race weekend one day.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Hopefully a good race. Will be interesting to see how the Mercs do with their engine upgrade delays

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:52 am

Seems that Red Bull have salvaged some spares from an old engine so Ricciardo wont start the weekend with a guaranteed grid penalty.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Not much going on here.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm
Not much going on here.
Nope. Kimi went long for a one stopper. Lewis and Red Bull have to do two

Stroll is still s***.

Not sure who's fault for opening lap but I think Stroll clipped the wall first, burst tire and Hartley was just a passenger?