NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 pm

The answer to our striking needs

Available on a free transfer <awe>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44193845
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 pm
The answer to our striking needs

Available on a free transfer <awe>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44193845
Got 1 goal last season so actually around the criteria we seem to be looking at.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Does anyone else find the "If Rafa goes we go" movement really cringy.

Everyone is acting like he's about to down tools, I find the whole thing pretty pathetic considering half this crap only exists in people's heads, it's purely driven by paranoid and insecure fans. <erk>

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Everyone is acting like he's about to down tools, I find the whole thing pretty pathetic considering half this crap only exists in people's heads, it's purely driven by paranoid and insecure fans. <erk>
It's just one of many many articles that have come out over the years, it changes nothing, people have been talking about taking action for years, it never happens, it's getting to the point I'm just bored by it and roll my eyes. Until someone actually does something meaningful or changes things then I'm not really bothered anymore, I just see these articles as piggybacking off discontent and is no different to the s**** that chronicle and other journos spew every year, it's all done for 15 minutes of Twitter fame, not to change anything.
You can’t criticise the article I posted on another thread for not leading to any sort of change, then also criticise those trying to do something. Trying is better than just sitting back and criticising everything.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:04 pm

TBC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm

It's just one of many many articles that have come out over the years, it changes nothing, people have been talking about taking action for years, it never happens, it's getting to the point I'm just bored by it and roll my eyes. Until someone actually does something meaningful or changes things then I'm not really bothered anymore, I just see these articles as piggybacking off discontent and is no different to the s**** that chronicle and other journos spew every year, it's all done for 15 minutes of Twitter fame, not to change anything.
You can’t criticise the article I posted on another thread for not leading to any sort of change, then also criticise those trying to do something. Trying is better than just sitting back and criticising everything.
I'd argue it falls In the exact same category, starting a Twitter page with angry words isn't acheiving anything, also so far all they are doing is asking for money for their "actions" when nobody has a clue what actions they are, so far it looks like people trying to earn a quick buck off their 15 minutes.

So yeah, same old s**** yet this one is based completely off the assumption Rafa is walking out which is absurd, he's given zero indication he will, all people know is he hasn't signed a new contract yet, and nobody but Rafa and those above him know what the situation is, it's stupid.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Don't know why you'd stop backing the club and team you supposedly love if the manager goes...

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Colback back to Forest on loan. Why can't they just have him permanently <neg>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm
Don't know why you'd stop backing the club and team you supposedly love if the manager goes...
And as if they're going to go pick a new club to cheer for. I think they'll find bar a few, it's pretty frustrating supporting most clubs.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm
And as if they're going to go pick a new club to cheer for. I think they'll find bar a few, it's pretty frustrating supporting most clubs.
That’s not what the protest or ‘movement’ means though

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm

I'm just tired of people exploiting fan paranoia, there is literally no indication Rafa is leaving, every time he's asked he talks about wanting to stay for a long time. He's never indicated he will leave, he even said he has a good understanding and relationship with Ashley and Charnley, so it pisses me off when fans act like their thoughts and emotions define the status behind the scenes, "I am furstrated therefore Rafa is on the brink of leaving" just f*** off!! The worst part is so many people fall for the s*** stirring, how many times has Rafa supposedly been on the brink now? I bet there is more than 10 separate occasions something like this has been portrayed and every time with little to no evidence to suggest there is any truth to it. It's getting worse than the Daily Star soap exclusives "Is David Platt on the verge of Murdering Gail?" People complain about the NUFC media circus yet the same people a f***ing queuing for the big top like sheep.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Why would a former England footballer murder Gail?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Chappy wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm
Colback back to Forest on loan. Why can't they just have him permanently <neg>
No need. His contract expiring next summer. The wage bill decline. f***ing hooray for the fat ass.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm

TBC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:17 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that a football fan who gives up on supporting Newcastle then has to move on to supporting a different club. Anybody who can get that upset about football probably can't then go cold turkey and stop watching the sport all together - or at least I can't understand thinking that's worthwhile.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm
TBC wrote:

I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that a football fan who gives up on supporting Newcastle then has to move on to supporting a different club. Anybody who can get that upset about football probably can't then go cold turkey and stop watching the sport all together - or at least I can't understand thinking that's worthwhile.
I disagree, I know a couple of people who have fallen out of love with their club but still follow football, albeit not nearly as passionately. You can enjoy the sport without necessarily following a particular team.

Although I may have got the s*** end of the stick, as I had to read that opening sentence a few times and still not completely confident <laugh>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:23 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:

I disagree, I know a couple of people who have fallen out of love with their club but still follow football, albeit not nearly as passionately. You can enjoy the sport without necessarily following a particular team.

Although I may have got the s*** end of the stick, as I had to read that opening sentence a few times and still not completely confident <laugh>
Sorry, no, I totally agree with you! I totally meant that I think most fans who give up on Newcastle would instead choose to cheer for another club. My point was that even though the protest might not say anything about supporting a different club instead - it's reasonable to assume you would, if you love football so much to get so wound up about Ashley.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
TBC wrote:

It isn't about giving up supporting Newcastle.

It's about putting pressure on the club to meet Rafa's reasonable demands of investing in the academy, improving the training ground and providing proper backing in the transfer market. All areas which desperately need addressing. Rafa said the other day that if those requests are met he'll sign for another 5 to 10 years.

If they aren't met he'll leave at the end of his contract and not only will we have lost a great manager who we won't get better than, but we'll have also failed to act properly in the transfer market and address the academy and training ground which need urgent attention.

The movement is about trying to stop things getting to that stage. If they do then yeah it'll probably escalate to some sort of boycott or protest but that doesn't mean giving up supporting Newcastle. Lazio fans did it recently, the stadium was almost empty and it worked for them. To a lesser extent West Ham were successful in their protests last season.

Nothing about this is giving up supporting Newcastle. It is about actively trying to do something rather than sitting back watching Ashley make the same mistakes over and over again while the club continues to decline.

There is a great opportunity at the minute. We're at a bit of a crossroads, get it right and we can go on to enjoy the next few years. Get it wrong and it'll be an all time low for Ashley. This is nothing more than making our feelings known and putting pressure on the club to get it right.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Are they really collecting money though? How are they justifying it? Seem to remember something like this has happened before, possibly around "the Magpie shirt"?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm
Are they really collecting money though? How are they justifying it? Seem to remember something like this has happened before, possibly around "the Magpie shirt"?
Yeah I'd be very wary about donating to them.

Certainly at least until they disclose who they are, what the plans for the money are and how they will ensure it is used purely for what they state.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I wouldn't give them a penny regardless of their intentions <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
TBC wrote:

I’m sorry but you’re so far off what this all means. It doesn’t mean not watching football anymore or even still considering yourself a Newcastle fan. I know franchised sport over the pond is slightly different and yes we get plastic fans over here too but I was born a Newcastle fan, i’m not going to stop because of Ashley. I might stay away from SJP for a few years but I’m not getting a City tattoo on my chest anytime soon.