Netflix Recommendations

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Ramone » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Just started walking Safe on Netflix, it's got the guy who was in Dexter and Six Feet Under as the main character. Only seen 2 episodes but pretty decent so far, it's about him searching for his teenage daughter who goes missing after a party and people trying to cover things up.
Blasted through all of it a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good but some of the twists are a bit far fetched.

Was quite impressed with Michael C. Hall's English accent <notbad>
REQUIEM

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 am

Yeah he's pretty convincing isn't he!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Altered carbon. Amazing

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Saw the first couple of episodes but wasn't fussed about that one!
Last edited by Bodacious Benny on Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat May 26, 2018 12:06 am

Hjl wrote:Altered carbon. Amazing
Couldn't get into it.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 am
Just started walking Safe on Netflix, it's got the guy who was in Dexter and Six Feet Under as the main character. Only seen 2 episodes but pretty decent so far, it's about him searching for his teenage daughter who goes missing after a party and people trying to cover things up.
I watched 2 as well, but it reminded me of something that would be on Sky One if it were on TV. I normally avoid everything on Sky One.

Agree with the accent though, so few Americans can do convincing accents you have to applaud the ones who manage it. Samwise Gamgee and Bridget Jones two who immediately spring to mind.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:29 am

Finished Safe last week and enjoyed it, loads of twists all the way through. Some you saw coming, others not.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 pm

The Confession Tapes are pretty good. It's about crimes committed in the US where police have used questionable tactics to extract confessions from people, but where it's far from clear-cut that the offender actually did anything at all. It's a documentary and uses recordings and footage from real cases, pretty interesting and also baffling as to how some people are convicted in the first place.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 pm
The Confession Tapes are pretty good. It's about crimes committed in the US where police have used questionable tactics to extract confessions from people, but where it's far from clear-cut that the offender actually did anything at all. It's a documentary and uses recordings and footage from real cases, pretty interesting and also baffling as to how some people are convicted in the first place.
I saw this a while ago, it was shocking for a couple of them. Even if they were actually guilty in the end, the pressure put on them was definitely enough to extract a false confession.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 pm

New 3-part docu-series on the November 13th attacks in Paris. Worth a watch <ok>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 pm
New 3-part docu-series on the November 13th attacks in Paris. Worth a watch <ok>
Silly question, but what is it actually about? I'm not sure how I feel about the whole tragic real-life events being turned into documentaries/films being - especially so soon after they've happened.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:29 am

Japan Papa Goku wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 pm
Silly question, but what is it actually about? I'm not sure how I feel about the whole tragic real-life events being turned into documentaries/films being - especially so soon after they've happened.
It's the accounts of a number of people who were there, including some who were hostages at the Bataclan, firemen/policemen, etc.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Finished watching The Confession Tapes. It was quite good but got a bit samey. Same gaping issues in the prosecution cases e.g. confessions obtained via very questionable methods, lack of physical evidence, lots of areas of reasonable doubt etc. and quite often ended up with the convicted person having exhausted all possible appeals and facing life without the possibility of parole.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Watching Salvation at the moment, it's about a meteor that's heading towards earth and they're trying to come up with a plan to deflect it / launch a vessel to relocate enough people to Mars to colonise the planet. It's an easy watch after a day at work.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 am

Would recommended the second season of Juventus First Team, covers the second half of last season for juve including the Champions league exit to Real Madrid but I felt they kind of brushed over the Buffon arguments, even though it does actually spend a good bit of time in that episode with him.
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 am
Would recommended the second season of Juventus First Team, covers the second half of last season for juve including the Champions league exit to Real Madrid but I felt they kind of brushed over the Buffon arguments, even though it does actually spend a good bit of time in that episode with him.
Will take a look. Build some excitement for the forthcoming Sunderland one...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 am
Will take a look. Build some excitement for the forthcoming Sunderland one...
It's interesting watch for any football fan, it's very interesting to see the players out of the limelight, I think a lot of people forget the footballers are human too and are just the same as most normal folk.

As said only criticism of the 2nd season was that the you expected that Buffon would have spoken about the Michael Oliver incident but it just shows highlights of the game and him being sent off then cuts to Szczesny and him talking about coming on and how he feels about taking over Buffon next year, obviously a lot of it was filmed around the time and tensions at the club didn't feel like they wanted to show any of it but I felt it was a bit of cop out to not have more about it.
I'll Hazard a guess

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:47 am

When the mockumentary about S'land will be unleashed?

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am

If anyone hasn't mentioned or seen it, I highly recommend Justified as a great Crime / Drama series. Solid characters and outstanding performances.

Aside from that, the obvious ones like Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place...

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am

Started watching Godless last night after a friend recommended only 1 episode in but enjoying it.

The mrs forced me to watch La La land at the weekend , have to say jesus christ that is a depressing movie.
SpoilerShow

She said it was a happy ending as they both fulfilled their dreams I said yes but not together making it slightly depressing at the end. The anguish on Goslings face at the end was heartbreaking
I'll Hazard a guess