Lejeune suffering from knee knack

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Lejeune suffering from knee knack

Post by Speedo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Severity tbc but not looking good given we’ve sold Mbemba already...
I had the first custom w***

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Lejeune suffering from knee knack

Post by beatski » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:12 pm

<wah>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:45 pm

<yikes>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 am

We really are only 1 or two injuries away from a crisis.

Lejuene out injured and Mbemba gone means we only have Lascelles and Clark as our only senior centre backs one of those gets injured we're f***ed.

Hopefully Schar and Reyes can come in, I always prefer to half a man spare just in case.

Striker wise too, at moment we only have Gayle and Joselu, if Mitro is sold then Rondon or someone else is 100% needed
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:55 am

Yep, our first XI in most areas is okay, but an injury to Lascelles, Lejeune, Shelvey or Kenedy and we're in a bit of bother. It's a risky game to play. Even if Yedlin or Dummett got injured we've no decent cover. Need a CB, FB, CM, winger and striker or two...all in the next fortnight...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:55 am
Yep, our first XI in most areas is okay, but an injury to Lascelles, Lejeune, Shelvey or Kenedy and we're in a bit of bother. It's a risky game to play. Even if Yedlin or Dummett got injured we've no decent cover. Need a CB, FB, CM, winger and striker or two...all in the next fortnight...
Which ain't going to happen
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:00 am

Nee knack is fine surely, it's if he actually had a knack that we'd be in bother?

#geordiejokes

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 am

Colly wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:00 am
Nee knack is fine surely, it's if he actually had a knack that we'd be in bother?

#geordiejokes
Knee kneed mate

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:38 pm

These joke are excruciating
<coat>
# stolen from nufc.com :)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Is this as bad as rumoured on Twitter??

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm

TBC wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 pm
is anything?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:06 am

Beatski wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm
TBC wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 pm
is anything?
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:02 am

Worse then first feared Florian is going to have to have knee removed
I'll Hazard a guess

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:29 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:02 am
Worse then first feared Florian is going to have to have knee removed
<yikes>

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 am

I'll get a barrage of abuse for saying it, but I've not seen anything amazing from Lejeune as of yet...he seems competent and obviously he is nowhere as weak as the years and years of Colo / Williamson / Taylor axis of underwhelming, yet even so, if we brought in someone else as cover I'd be ok with it.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 am
I'll get a barrage of abuse for saying it, but I've not seen anything amazing from Lejeune as of yet...he seems competent and obviously he is nowhere as weak as the years and years of Colo / Williamson / Taylor axis of underwhelming, yet even so, if we brought in someone else as cover I'd be ok with it.

He formed a very good partnership with Lascelles at end of the season which was a massive help to us staying up and finishing 10th.

A good cb pairing is crucial in football hence the reason you hardly see many managers switching during the season of course the same can be said for most positions but the dual roles of centre back and mid are key to winning games.

So unless Schar can bound (or Clark refinds his ) with Lascelles it may be a tough start for us
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
You aren't getting abuse, but given he's a player new to the league and got crocked in his first game, the fact he utterly hit the ground running after Christmas was a key part of saving our season. Clearly solid, but also so calm on the ball in a way we haven't had since Colo, plus a fantastic eye for a pass.

Additional objection to the Colo being underwhelming suggestion. I can't think of many Newcastle defenders I've ever watched who made the Premier League's team of the season and North East football writers player of the season. He started shaky (though nowhere near as bad as people made out), and ended in a team of utter garbage, but those middle three seasons he was the best centre half I've seen here since Woodgate. And I can't think of any better than that going back to when I started watching in the late 80s.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Lejeune looked really comfortable when he got into the team and formed an excellent partnership with Lascelles <ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm
omegaprimevkm wrote:
You aren't getting abuse, but given he's a player new to the league and got crocked in his first game, the fact he utterly hit the ground running after Christmas was a key part of saving our season. Clearly solid, but also so calm on the ball in a way we haven't had since Colo, plus a fantastic eye for a pass.

Additional objection to the Colo being underwhelming suggestion. I can't think of many Newcastle defenders I've ever watched who made the Premier League's team of the season and North East football writers player of the season. He started shaky (though nowhere near as bad as people made out), and ended in a team of utter garbage, but those middle three seasons he was the best centre half I've seen here since Woodgate. And I can't think of any better than that going back to when I started watching in the late 80s.
Seconded on both counts <ok>

I firmly believe their effectiveness as a CB pairing kept us up last season. We never hit good goal scoring form, but our backline kept us in every match in the second half, in particular the CBs, and that definitely coincided with him getting fit and playing.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:09 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:01 pm
Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Seconded on both counts <ok>

I firmly believe their effectiveness as a CB pairing kept us up last season. We never hit good goal scoring form, but our backline kept us in every match in the second half, in particular the CBs, and that definitely coincided with him getting fit and playing.
I acknowledge the facts but I'll restate my point - that I never saw Lejeune as essential. Maybe he's one of those amazing players who never seems to be doing much, ala Vurnon Anita... <disgrace>