Guardian: “Club forums are a haven for football fans in an ever angrier online world”

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Guardian: “Club forums are a haven for football fans in an ever angrier online world”

Post by Speedo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:18 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/wh ... SApp_Other

Really good article on why places like this are awesome. Good work chaps.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Guardian: “Club forums are a haven for football fans in an ever angrier online world”

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else <smooch>

Coming in TF is a big part of my daily routine!

True about Twitter, it's full of whining bastards. Comment on a Newcastle related item in any way going against popular opinion and you're shot down, called a s*** fan etc.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: Guardian: “Club forums are a haven for football fans in an ever angrier online world”

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Agree with that. You bunch of bastards.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 pm
Agree with that. You bunch of bastards.
f*** off cronut
REQUIEM

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:39 am

There's most certainly a difference between joining a forum to discuss a club and changes and sending an angry tweet so your friends can read how you annoyed you are with Mike Ashley again, for the 5th time this summer.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:03 am

Good read that.

Must admit I prefer coming here to talk about football rather than other social media platforms as I haven't got the patience to deal with people on there <ok>

Even talking to other fans in the flesh sometimes, and even our own fans. I've never lost my love for football but I can't stand the majority of football fans these days.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:34 am

Chappy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:03 am
Good read that.

Must admit I prefer coming here to talk about football rather than other social media platforms as I haven't got the patience to deal with people on there <ok>

Even talking to other fans in the flesh sometimes, and even our own fans. I've never lost my love for football but I can't stand the majority of football fans these days.
Same. People on social media tend to be morons. Here you get (generally) reasonable arguements different ways and in a way you get to know people.

I said something on twitter the other day about the debate in parliament about Ashley's running of Newcastle being pretty pointless, as legally he's don't nothing wrong. There's no law saying you can't run a football club on a tiny budget. For the next hour or two my phone was going nuts with people saying "you're a s*** fan", "you back Ashely", "don't you know what he's done" etc etc, people on social media can't handle any view that differs from their own.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:41 am

this is also a great forum for the neutral/away fan, get treated with a lot of respect, no-one tells me to f-off (cue for a torrent of abuse!!!!)
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 am

daib0 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:41 am
this is also a great forum for the neutral/away fan, get treated with a lot of respect, no-one tells me to f-off (cue for a torrent of abuse!!!!)
We'd never tell you to f-off <gent>

It's good when you get fans of different teams giving their perspective. We used to have a few more than we do now, always adds a new dimension.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:42 pm

daib0 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:41 am
Been holding it in for quite awhile but I think now is as good a time as any to let it out: GET OUT OF MY FORUM YA t*** <grr> <grr> <grr> <mob> <mob> <mob>