Netflix Recommendations

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am
Started watching Godless last night after a friend recommended only 1 episode in but enjoying it.

The mrs forced me to watch La La land at the weekend , have to say jesus christ that is a depressing movie.
SpoilerShow

She said it was a happy ending as they both fulfilled their dreams I said yes but not together making it slightly depressing at the end. The anguish on Goslings face at the end was heartbreaking
Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10498
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am
If anyone hasn't mentioned or seen it, I highly recommend Justified as a great Crime / Drama series. Solid characters and outstanding performances.

Aside from that, the obvious ones like Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place...
I liked Community (the creator seems not so nice but the show was good). Reservation I have on Rick and Morty is a the vocal minority of its fans acting like tools. Saw some of them talking down to a tenured physicist on twitter cos they 'knew' relativity from Rick and Morty. Oh and surprise surprise it just so happened to be a female scientist they were being condescending with. show may well be great, this kinda puts me off and I watch other things...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 am

I've watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of Sneaky Pete on Amazon and it's been decent so far. Bryan Cranston co-writes and stars in it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am
Started watching Godless last night after a friend recommended only 1 episode in but enjoying it.

The mrs forced me to watch La La land at the weekend , have to say jesus christ that is a depressing movie.
SpoilerShow

She said it was a happy ending as they both fulfilled their dreams I said yes but not together making it slightly depressing at the end. The anguish on Goslings face at the end was heartbreaking
Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
I'll Hazard a guess

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am


Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
It's a series that I'd be happy to watch again <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Ramone
Interblew
Interblew
Posts: 18674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Homeland

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Ramone » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am


Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
I used to hate him because of Skins but then I saw him in this and '71 and came round to him.
REQUIEM

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am


Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
I used to hate him because of Skins but then I saw him in this and '71 and came round to him.
Actually liked him in Skins
I'll Hazard a guess

User avatar
TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3009
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Godless is fantastic, really good tv series.

Watched Sweet Virginia last weekend, worth a watch and the actor playing the ‘bad guy’ does a really good job.
Image

User avatar
Ramone
Interblew
Interblew
Posts: 18674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Homeland

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Ramone » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am

TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm
Godless is fantastic, really good tv series.

Watched Sweet Virginia last weekend, worth a watch and the actor playing the ‘bad guy’ does a really good job.
Yeah, watched the other week as well. Jon Bernthal is such a dream boat <awe>

Wind River just recently got added, would thoroughly recommend it.
REQUIEM

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 am

Ramone wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am
TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm
Godless is fantastic, really good tv series.

Watched Sweet Virginia last weekend, worth a watch and the actor playing the ‘bad guy’ does a really good job.
Yeah, watched the other week as well. Jon Bernthal is such a dream boat <awe>

Wind River just recently got added, would thoroughly recommend it.
I found Wind River okay, nothing more though.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
omegaprimevkm
Ritchie's Tips
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by omegaprimevkm » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am
omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am
If anyone hasn't mentioned or seen it, I highly recommend Justified as a great Crime / Drama series. Solid characters and outstanding performances.

Aside from that, the obvious ones like Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place...
I liked Community (the creator seems not so nice but the show was good). Reservation I have on Rick and Morty is a the vocal minority of its fans acting like tools. Saw some of them talking down to a tenured physicist on twitter cos they 'knew' relativity from Rick and Morty. Oh and surprise surprise it just so happened to be a female scientist they were being condescending with. show may well be great, this kinda puts me off and I watch other things...
Idiots do ruin many things. I'd say that is unjustifiable and that you can watch it and just appreciate it for what it is without becoming a self obsessed bigot.

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10498
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 am

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am


I liked Community (the creator seems not so nice but the show was good). Reservation I have on Rick and Morty is a the vocal minority of its fans acting like tools. Saw some of them talking down to a tenured physicist on twitter cos they 'knew' relativity from Rick and Morty. Oh and surprise surprise it just so happened to be a female scientist they were being condescending with. show may well be great, this kinda puts me off and I watch other things...
Idiots do ruin many things. I'd say that is unjustifiable and that you can watch it and just appreciate it for what it is without becoming a self obsessed bigot.
Fair enough. Might check it out when I'm in the mood
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11667
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am

Good call on Godless half way through and enjoying it.
Edit: finished watching,
SpoilerShow
Good acting, good story but for me the ending was the only thing that let it down. It wasn't the actual ending itself but how certain aspects of it was done, for a second i thought i was watching one of those hideous walking dead far fetched fights which is a shame as it wasn't in keeping with the rest of what was a good watch.

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am
Good call on Godless half way through and enjoying it.
Edit: finished watching,
SpoilerShow
Good acting, good story but for me the ending was the only thing that let it down. It wasn't the actual ending itself but how certain aspects of it was done, for a second i thought i was watching one of those hideous walking dead far fetched fights which is a shame as it wasn't in keeping with the rest of what was a good watch.
Finished it myself there last week, I agree a little bit with your analysis.

Started to watch Ozark after ages of having on my list when I seen a 2nd season was starting I took the plunge enjoying so far.

Better Call Saul Season 4 stated last week too, I think it's good they are doing it weekly gives some time to think the episodes through even though I think I should have rewatched at least Season 3 again just to catch up with a few things
I'll Hazard a guess

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

Ozark was decent, definitely worth the watch.

Really like Better Call Saul too. Strangely I found the first series the least good and thought it got better as it went along.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am
Ozark was decent, definitely worth the watch.

Really like Better Call Saul too. Strangely I found the first series the least good and thought it got better as it went along.
SpoilerShow
Going to be an interesting series with Chuck . was such a great character
I'll Hazard a guess

Online
User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25709
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am
Ozark was decent, definitely worth the watch.

Really like Better Call Saul too. Strangely I found the first series the least good and thought it got better as it went along.
SpoilerShow
Going to be an interesting series with Chuck . was such a great character
SpoilerShow
Definitely! He's a superb character but such a bastard!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8901
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Anyone else getting annoyed by the international movies on Netflix, I know there are some great ones out there, but right now it seems they are throwing any old crap on there, I browse the new releases and at least half of them are Indian, Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It's beginning to feel over saturated with them, I find I can only get through 1 or 2 subtitled films as it ruins the immersion for me so there isn't a chance I'm going to watch 90% of these ones, also I can't really see the demand being that high for Netflixs audience either.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Clairefontaine

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Start watching GLOW over the weekend.
Brilliant
would highly recommend
I'll Hazard a guess

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8500
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by PTAO? » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm
Anyone else getting annoyed by the international movies on Netflix, I know there are some great ones out there, but right now it seems they are throwing any old crap on there, I browse the new releases and at least half of them are Indian, Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It's beginning to feel over saturated with them, I find I can only get through 1 or 2 subtitled films as it ruins the immersion for me so there isn't a chance I'm going to watch 90% of these ones, also I can't really see the demand being that high for Netflixs audience either.
Welcome to Netflix

Post Reply