Netflix Recommendations

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am
Started watching Godless last night after a friend recommended only 1 episode in but enjoying it.

The mrs forced me to watch La La land at the weekend , have to say jesus christ that is a depressing movie.
SpoilerShow

She said it was a happy ending as they both fulfilled their dreams I said yes but not together making it slightly depressing at the end. The anguish on Goslings face at the end was heartbreaking
Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am
If anyone hasn't mentioned or seen it, I highly recommend Justified as a great Crime / Drama series. Solid characters and outstanding performances.

Aside from that, the obvious ones like Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place...
I liked Community (the creator seems not so nice but the show was good). Reservation I have on Rick and Morty is a the vocal minority of its fans acting like tools. Saw some of them talking down to a tenured physicist on twitter cos they 'knew' relativity from Rick and Morty. Oh and surprise surprise it just so happened to be a female scientist they were being condescending with. show may well be great, this kinda puts me off and I watch other things...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 am

I've watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of Sneaky Pete on Amazon and it's been decent so far. Bryan Cranston co-writes and stars in it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am
Started watching Godless last night after a friend recommended only 1 episode in but enjoying it.

The mrs forced me to watch La La land at the weekend , have to say jesus christ that is a depressing movie.
SpoilerShow

She said it was a happy ending as they both fulfilled their dreams I said yes but not together making it slightly depressing at the end. The anguish on Goslings face at the end was heartbreaking
Godless is cracking, really enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels is brilliant, I just had to remove my association of him being Harry in Dumb and Dumber <laugh>
Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Always loved Jeff Daniels as an actor, as said only watched first episode but Daniels seems to be a highlight of the show already. Also a big fan of Jack O'Connell
It's a series that I'd be happy to watch again <ok>

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I used to hate him because of Skins but then I saw him in this and '71 and came round to him.
REQUIEM

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am
lassassinblanc wrote:

I used to hate him because of Skins but then I saw him in this and '71 and came round to him.
Actually liked him in Skins
I'll Hazard a guess

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Godless is fantastic, really good tv series.

Watched Sweet Virginia last weekend, worth a watch and the actor playing the ‘bad guy’ does a really good job.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am

TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Watched Sweet Virginia last weekend, worth a watch and the actor playing the ‘bad guy’ does a really good job.
Yeah, watched the other week as well. Jon Bernthal is such a dream boat <awe>

Wind River just recently got added, would thoroughly recommend it.
REQUIEM

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 am

Ramone wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am
TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Yeah, watched the other week as well. Jon Bernthal is such a dream boat <awe>

Wind River just recently got added, would thoroughly recommend it.
I found Wind River okay, nothing more though.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am
omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am
If anyone hasn't mentioned or seen it, I highly recommend Justified as a great Crime / Drama series. Solid characters and outstanding performances.

Aside from that, the obvious ones like Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place...
I liked Community (the creator seems not so nice but the show was good). Reservation I have on Rick and Morty is a the vocal minority of its fans acting like tools. Saw some of them talking down to a tenured physicist on twitter cos they 'knew' relativity from Rick and Morty. Oh and surprise surprise it just so happened to be a female scientist they were being condescending with. show may well be great, this kinda puts me off and I watch other things...
Idiots do ruin many things. I'd say that is unjustifiable and that you can watch it and just appreciate it for what it is without becoming a self obsessed bigot.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 am

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am

Idiots do ruin many things. I'd say that is unjustifiable and that you can watch it and just appreciate it for what it is without becoming a self obsessed bigot.
Fair enough. Might check it out when I'm in the mood
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am

Good call on Godless half way through and enjoying it.
Edit: finished watching,
SpoilerShow
Good acting, good story but for me the ending was the only thing that let it down. It wasn't the actual ending itself but how certain aspects of it was done, for a second i thought i was watching one of those hideous walking dead far fetched fights which is a shame as it wasn't in keeping with the rest of what was a good watch.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am
Good call on Godless half way through and enjoying it.
Edit: finished watching,
SpoilerShow
Good acting, good story but for me the ending was the only thing that let it down. It wasn't the actual ending itself but how certain aspects of it was done, for a second i thought i was watching one of those hideous walking dead far fetched fights which is a shame as it wasn't in keeping with the rest of what was a good watch.
Finished it myself there last week, I agree a little bit with your analysis.

Started to watch Ozark after ages of having on my list when I seen a 2nd season was starting I took the plunge enjoying so far.

Better Call Saul Season 4 stated last week too, I think it's good they are doing it weekly gives some time to think the episodes through even though I think I should have rewatched at least Season 3 again just to catch up with a few things
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

Ozark was decent, definitely worth the watch.

Really like Better Call Saul too. Strangely I found the first series the least good and thought it got better as it went along.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

Really like Better Call Saul too. Strangely I found the first series the least good and thought it got better as it went along.
SpoilerShow
Going to be an interesting series with Chuck . was such a great character
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

SpoilerShow
Going to be an interesting series with Chuck . was such a great character
SpoilerShow
Definitely! He's a superb character but such a bastard!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Anyone else getting annoyed by the international movies on Netflix, I know there are some great ones out there, but right now it seems they are throwing any old crap on there, I browse the new releases and at least half of them are Indian, Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It's beginning to feel over saturated with them, I find I can only get through 1 or 2 subtitled films as it ruins the immersion for me so there isn't a chance I'm going to watch 90% of these ones, also I can't really see the demand being that high for Netflixs audience either.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Start watching GLOW over the weekend.
Brilliant
would highly recommend
I'll Hazard a guess

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm
Anyone else getting annoyed by the international movies on Netflix, I know there are some great ones out there, but right now it seems they are throwing any old crap on there, I browse the new releases and at least half of them are Indian, Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It's beginning to feel over saturated with them, I find I can only get through 1 or 2 subtitled films as it ruins the immersion for me so there isn't a chance I'm going to watch 90% of these ones, also I can't really see the demand being that high for Netflixs audience either.
Welcome to Netflix