New Members: Introduce yourself here!

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:56 pm

luchiano wrote:Good evening. I am writing to introduce myself.
My name is Luciano. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I've been following Newcastle every week since'95.
Here in Argentina, I'm a fan of Boca (C.A.B.J.).
So I divide my football passion between Boca (obviously) and Newcastle.
As you can see, I don't know much English, so forgive me for my semantic errors.
I hope I will share this passion with you.
A hug.
Welcome aboard... <gent>
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

luchiano
Tindall's Hoody

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by luchiano » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:48 pm

jimileysbaldhead wrote:
luchiano wrote:Good evening. I am writing to introduce myself.
My name is Luciano. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I've been following Newcastle every week since'95.
Here in Argentina, I'm a fan of Boca (C.A.B.J.).
So I divide my football passion between Boca (obviously) and Newcastle.
As you can see, I don't know much English, so forgive me for my semantic errors.
I hope I will share this passion with you.
A hug.
Welcome aboard... <gent>
Thanks J.!!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: New Members: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Chappy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:40 am

¡Bienvenido!

Y tranquilo... tienes un buen nivel de inglés <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

luchiano
Tindall's Hoody

Post by luchiano » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Chappy wrote:¡Bienvenido!

Y tranquilo... tienes un buen nivel de inglés <ok>
Chappy, thank you for the welcome...! Hug from Argentina.
The miracles of google translator

AC_98
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by AC_98 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:46 am

Howay!!!

A new Geordie has arrived here from far, far away from Chile.

I'd like to see Newcastle someday at SJP and live there as well. I have been a passionate fan about Newcastle since 2011 or so and yeah, I haven't looked back since then. I cried when we got relegated, I celebrated when we got promoted and I hope our club can improve with Benítez in the near future.

I'd say that I'm the biggest Newcastle fan here in my country, I skipped school when Newcastle played in the Europa League a few seasons ago and even I managed myself to buy the away shirt of the 13/14 season haha.

So that's it and yeah, I hope to stick around for a long time :D
Cheers lads!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 am

All the way from Chile, welcome <cheers>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Greetings

I'm from Ealing, West London and have been following NUFC since 1996. I'm sure that will attract clams of glory hunting but the irony of that should eradicate any such claims.

Looking to know what the policy is for London based fans - I've seen a few dotted around the area, in particular one chap at my local in a 'mackem in Milan' t-shirt :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Welcome <ok>

Good to see you getting involved <cheers>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:37 am

Welcome <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

OOCC TDA
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by OOCC TDA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Just visiting from one of the Cardiff City forums ahead of our game coming up. There may be one or two other of my colleagues dropping in here, as we are intent on enjoying this season in the PL. Good luck for the campaign Newcastle!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm

OOCC TDA wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Hi Just visiting from one of the Cardiff City forums ahead of our game coming up. There may be one or two other of my colleagues dropping in here, as we are intent on enjoying this season in the PL. Good luck for the campaign Newcastle!
<ok>

Usually there will be a thread on the football page leading up to the game to get involved in.

Thoughts for the season? Just a case of enjoy it and see what happens?

OOCC TDA
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by OOCC TDA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm
OOCC TDA wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
<ok>

Usually there will be a thread on the football page leading up to the game to get involved in.

Thoughts for the season? Just a case of enjoy it and see what happens?
Exactly that! This is a bonus season for us. The club has been heading in the right direction since Neil Warnock arrived, but it was sheer bloody mindedness that got us promoted automatically. That said, we do play better football than given credit for, but, this season, if there are three clubs beneath us, that would be more than anyone really expects.

Really looking forward to the season and those of us who can't get to games (I live abroad) will be visiting the other PL clubs forums for match day threads and hoping that there may be some traffic in the opposite direction to our forum. That will have to be cleared with your mods, of course.

Our local paper is full of the Murphy twins today and the chance of them playing against each other.... <party>

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

First post. I come here following Salomon Rondon since I'm Venezuelan. I did the same with the Baggies forum back in 2015 and ended up becoming a West Brom fan regardless of the fact I disliked Tony Pulis' playing style from the get-go. Their fans won me over and some of the players such as Chris Brunt as well. I really didn't even know about West Brom until that time.

Newcastle is different obviously, a much more well-known club outside of England. Also my parents are Peruvian and my dad has always been a big soccer fan so I followed the club for a bit in my younger days when Nolberto Solano joined the club.

I look forward to this upcoming season and perhaps even future seasons as well!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

First post. I come here following Salomon Rondon since I'm Venezuelan. I did the same with the Baggies forum back in 2015 and ended up becoming a West Brom fan regardless of the fact I disliked Tony Pulis' playing style from the get-go. Their fans won me over and some of the players such as Chris Brunt as well. I really didn't even know about West Brom until that time.

Newcastle is different obviously, a much more well-known club outside of England. Also my parents are Peruvian and my dad has always been a big soccer fan so I followed the club for a bit in my younger days when Nolberto Solano joined the club.

I look forward to this upcoming season and perhaps even future seasons as well!
Welcome <ok>

Yes, Nobby was a cracking player. Loved the days when we had him, Robert, Speed etc in midfield <awe>

The Hawk
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by The Hawk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Hi Guys - New member here, first post!

I'm an Aberdeen fan from North East Scotland, my mother and her family are from the Newcastle area, Widdrington & Morpeth, so have had connections to N.E England. Always kept a look out for the Toon score first when checking English results.

Anyway, I'm down visiting and managed to get a ticket for the spurs game - getting quite excited now. Only been to 1 Newcastle game in my life, which coincidentally was against Spurs. That game still sticks in my head even though it was circa 13-14 years ago! Speed and Shearer scored then Nikos Dabizas came flying in with a diving header in own goal of the century haha.

Wish you all well for the season ahead, hopefully get a win to start the season off!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:05 am

The Hawk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

I'm an Aberdeen fan from North East Scotland, my mother and her family are from the Newcastle area, Widdrington & Morpeth, so have had connections to N.E England. Always kept a look out for the Toon score first when checking English results.

Anyway, I'm down visiting and managed to get a ticket for the spurs game - getting quite excited now. Only been to 1 Newcastle game in my life, which coincidentally was against Spurs. That game still sticks in my head even though it was circa 13-14 years ago! Speed and Shearer scored then Nikos Dabizas came flying in with a diving header in own goal of the century haha.

Wish you all well for the season ahead, hopefully get a win to start the season off!
Hopefully get a similar result on Sunday then <cheers>

I didn't see Aberdeen v Burnley, how did they fair over 2 legs? They've been best of the rest in Scotland over recent seasons but hard to judge exactly where that puts them I guess.

The Hawk
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by The Hawk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:05 am
The Hawk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Hopefully get a similar result on Sunday then <cheers>

I didn't see Aberdeen v Burnley, how did they fair over 2 legs? They've been best of the rest in Scotland over recent seasons but hard to judge exactly where that puts them I guess.
Haha hopefully!

I wasn't too impressed with Burnley to be honest. Our game at home I thought they didn't look nothing special until they took Volkes on and fairly changed it. Away from home we were up against it but they still couldn't beat us over 2 90 minutes games - Can't see them getting Europa spot this season.

It's hard to say where Aberdeen are - we have a good, well organised team for our league but we are operating at a fraction of the budget that is on offer down south. Teams in Championship or even League 1 are spending more than us on wages with hope to get to a bigger, more beneficial league. We are already the highest we can be, which is a shame really. We can't compete over a season against Celtic, ran them close but not close enough.

Edit to add - the people of Burnley were the most friendliest bunch/group of people I have ever met. Hoping from the same on Saturday !!! Anyone got recommendations for decent boozer pre and post match? <cheers>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Welcome Hart and vrabbit (I won't comment on the situation in your country, know a few of your compatriots and ... yeah)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Burnley certainly won't finish anywhere near P7 this season IMO. Fantastic achievement last season but very much a one off. With higher expectations this season and the Europa League I think they'll be bottom half. 7 of their wins last season were 1-0, they very much grind them out and can't count on that again this season.

The lack of funds in Scotland is definitely a barrier and it's tough to see how anyone can break the Celtic stranglehold. Rangers may one day get back to former glories but it's not going to happen overnight and will need sustained investment. It's a shame really as if Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen could compete on a similar level it'd make the SPL infinitely more appealing.

I'm a craft beer snob so I'd head to the Wylam place!

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm
Welcome Hart and vrabbit (I won't comment on the situation in your country, know a few of your compatriots and ... yeah)
Yeah ... let's not just yet anyways.

But thanks for the welcome!