Match day thread - Cardiff v NUFC

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Match day thread - Cardiff v NUFC

Post by Toondes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am

Colly wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 am
He's following the ball which was cleared well before the kick, he'll have only barely seen it to give the foul. It's exactly the reason the "Haidara rule" was invented, if he doesn't get a ban I'll be stunned, and disappointed frankly. And that's from someone who has him in both of his fantasy teams...
And sexual fantasy?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:18 am

Colly wrote:
He's following the ball which was cleared well before the kick, he'll have only barely seen it to give the foul. It's exactly the reason the "Haidara rule" was invented, if he doesn't get a ban I'll be stunned, and disappointed frankly. And that's from someone who has him in both of his fantasy teams...
This (apart from the fantasy team bit).

Watching the replay you can see the ref looking at the ball (as he should be) and not the incident. He would have seen the Cardiff lad go down out of the corner of his eye which will be why he gave the free kick.

He's got to get a retrospective ban for that. It's just a blatant kick out for no apparent reason. They would be setting a dangerous precedent if they didn't ban him.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 am

Toondes wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am
Colly wrote:
And sexual fantasy?
Not after yesterday. He broke my heart.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am

Saw the "highlights" wouldn't be amiss to expect retrospective action for both Kenedy and Arter, however Kenedy's was worse due to it being off the the ball.

Hayden as a right back was never going to be good, but f*** me this was bad. dangerous red. Free kick into the wall and terrible penalty showed that Kenedy's a temperament player through and through and his head wasn;t in it today at all.

Bright sides - Dubravka and the CBs were great.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:19 pm

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am
Saw the "highlights" wouldn't be amiss to expect retrospective action for both Kenedy and Arter, however Kenedy's was worse due to it being off the the ball.

Hayden as a right back was never going to be good, but **** me this was bad. dangerous red. Free kick into the wall and terrible penalty showed that Kenedy's a temperament player through and through and his head wasn;t in it today at all.

Doubt anything will happen to Arter tbh as he was cautioned.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:19 pm
ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am

Hayden as a right back was never going to be good, but **** me this was bad. dangerous red. Free kick into the wall and terrible penalty showed that Kenedy's a temperament player through and through and his head wasn;t in it today at all.

s*** rule, retrospective action should be regardless. Too much protection for refs and their ‘reputations’.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 pm

TBC wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:19 pm

s*** rule, retrospective action should be regardless. Too much protection for refs and their ‘reputations’.
I don't think it's to protect refs. It's to stop clubs appealing for retrospective action for every incident, opens a ridiculous door if you can just appeal or change all of a refs decisions after the match, they need the help (VAR) to get it right in the first place.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 pm
TBC wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 pm

I don't think it's to protect refs. It's to stop clubs appealing for retrospective action for every incident, opens a ridiculous door if you can just appeal or change all of a refs decisions after the match, they need the help (VAR) to get it right in the first place.
It does seem pretty ridiculous that VAR isn't in use in the Premier League. It was used at the World Cup and other major European leagues are using.

It needs to be modified, particularly so fans in the stadium know what is going on, however it should be being used. All they need to do is introduce what they do in Rugby Union. When a VAR decision is being made, show it on the big screens in the stadium so fans can see what is going on.

Also they need to mic the ref, his assistants and the VAR official so a clear understanding of the decision is communicated like it is in Rugby Union.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am

TJR wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 pm

It does seem pretty ridiculous that VAR isn't in use in the Premier League. It was used at the World Cup and other major European leagues are using.

It needs to be modified, particularly so fans in the stadium know what is going on, however it should be being used. All they need to do is introduce what they do in Rugby Union. When a VAR decision is being made, show it on the big screens in the stadium so fans can see what is going on.

Also they need to mic the ref, his assistants and the VAR official so a clear understanding of the decision is communicated like it is in Rugby Union.
I think the FA have been put off by all the criticism it got last season in the FA Cup. Which is daft because it worked very very well in the World Cup.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm

They made the decision before the World Cup though. I'd imagine it'll come in next season once they've got all the refs trained up properly, there's an article around from one of the World Cup refs who said they weren't completely clear on the "clear and obvious error" stuff among others which needs resolving.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:34 pm

No further action to be taken against Kenedy

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:46 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:34 pm
No further action to be taken against Kenedy
Although inelligible, if he had played like he did on Saturday that's not a blessing, it's a curse. Let's hope he atones next time.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Thus highlighting still, how pathetic the retrospective punishment system is and the fact that we have no VAR to fix these downright s**** refereeing decisions that are made every week.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

<laugh>

How the hell did he escape that <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm
<laugh>

Maybe they saw the rest of his performance and felt pity?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm
<laugh>

<laugh>

True, we were punished enough!

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

<laugh>

True, we were punished enough!

<laugh>
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:50 pm

A free kick was given so technically the incident was dealt with by the official, if they ban him they are admitting the ref gave a free kick for an incident he didn't see. It does kinda make a farce out of the whole disciplinary system though, because the ref is deemed to have seen it then it's a free kick if it had gone unnoticed then it's a 3 game ban.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm

The ref should be getting a 3 game ban after that display.