NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Re: NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Post by Deano » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Rafalution wrote:Is driving down a lot cheaper then the train?
Hopefully going to get to a few of the remaining home games but cannot decide whether driving or train is best!
Depends how far you'll be driving and the cost of a train ticket.

I can get from my house to Newcastle and back for about £80 petrol. Generally train ticket is £100+. If I'm traveling with a friend the definitely cheaper to drive unless i can find a good deal on the train.

How far in advance are u booking the train its never cost me much more than £30 (£42 after travel to edinburgh)

Just booked it for Wigan i know if you leave it to last minute it xan be pricey missed the rotherham game due to waiting too long :(

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Deano wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Depends how far you'll be driving and the cost of a train ticket.

I can get from my house to Newcastle and back for about £80 petrol. Generally train ticket is £100+. If I'm traveling with a friend the definitely cheaper to drive unless i can find a good deal on the train.

How far in advance are u booking the train its never cost me much more than £30 (£42 after travel to edinburgh)

Just booked it for Wigan i know if you leave it to last minute it xan be pricey missed the rotherham game due to waiting too long :(
Usually a good few months, but i'd be travelling from Birmingham so it's a bit further.

On another note, do you know any decent pubs/restaurants in Edinburgh? I'm there for 2 days next month.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

I've usually looked at prices the same week as the match so that will probably be why the high price.

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:57 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Deano wrote:

Usually a good few months, but i'd be travelling from Birmingham so it's a bit further.

On another note, do you know any decent pubs/restaurants in Edinburgh? I'm there for 2 days next month.

Theres an ok pub called the halfway house or something like that its closeish to waverly train station hope this helps im not native to edinburgh but i imagine theres a few good ones

Burgers and Beer is good for food in edinburgh foods nice and drink is not too dear (By Edinburgh standards)

Theres a pub behind grayfriars boabbys statue thats not bad also along the same road theres a place that does nice food called the elephant house though its more of a lunch place wouldnt recommend getting a dinner there.

Hope this was of some help im a lanarkshire native so not in Edinburgh very often

MauricioJimenez
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by MauricioJimenez » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:59 am

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:08 am

Heading down to the Spurs game and was going to go on train, no chance though cheapest ticket for me was £100+
Can fill car up for £60 and get down and back easily on that!

Everythingelseistaken
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Everythingelseistaken » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:27 am

Hey, I've just got my first season ticket for Newcastle and i'm living in the west end of glasgow. If we can get enough people we could hire a mini bus or something like that. The cheapest way by myself to get down is on the bus £25 return.

Let me know if anyone is keen

Alex

Dean_Ed
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Dean_Ed » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am

Everythingelseistaken wrote:Hey, I've just got my first season ticket for Newcastle and i'm living in the west end of glasgow. If we can get enough people we could hire a mini bus or something like that. The cheapest way by myself to get down is on the bus £25 return.

Alex
I'd definitely be up for doing something like this. Train fares can be abit hit and miss so organizing a mini bus would be ideal

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Everythingelseistaken wrote:Hey, I've just got my first season ticket for Newcastle and i'm living in the west end of glasgow. If we can get enough people we could hire a mini bus or something like that. The cheapest way by myself to get down is on the bus £25 return.

Alex
Id be down for this as well having recently moved house im not sure when id next be going to a game trying to budget for a ticket for the stoke game but if you get the bus up and running certainly let me know

DeeDee

Post by DeeDee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am

Hi I’m also a season ticket holder for Newcastle! Originally from Northern Ireland but now living in Paisley! I would be up for the mini bus idea also! And maybe a good idea if some even started a Facebook page for the Scotland Newcastle united supporters club! Better way for everyone to keep in touch and upto date with the going on’s regarding transport etc.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm

DeeDee wrote:Hi I’m also a season ticket holder for Newcastle! Originally from Northern Ireland but now living in Paisley! I would be up for the mini bus idea also! And maybe a good idea if some even started a Facebook page for the Scotland Newcastle united supporters club! Better way for everyone to keep in touch and upto date with the going on’s regarding transport etc.
I was born in Paisley (but haven't been there for about 30 years...).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ScottW1886
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ScottW1886 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
DeeDee wrote:Hi I’m also a season ticket holder for Newcastle! Originally from Northern Ireland but now living in Paisley! I would be up for the mini bus idea also! And maybe a good idea if some even started a Facebook page for the Scotland Newcastle united supporters club! Better way for everyone to keep in touch and upto date with the going on’s regarding transport etc.
It's not changed much <erk>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 am

ScottW1886 wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
It's not changed much <erk>
I suspected that may be the case <roll>

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm

First post, sorry to bring up a post from last year. I live in Edinburgh and have a season ticket at St james. Would be good if there was some kind of supports club up here

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Long time lurker on here but saw this thread and thought I'd get involved. If there's any interest in setting up an Edinburgh supporter's club, I'd be happy to help get that up and running.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Leith-Toon wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:08 pm
Long time lurker on here but saw this thread and thought I'd get involved. If there's any interest in setting up an Edinburgh supporter's club, I'd be happy to help get that up and running.
If we can get a fair bit interest in this thread it might be worth a bash. I've got mates that follow other English teams chelsea, liverpool and so on but they all love Newcastle and come to the odd game with me.

Myusernameis

Post by Myusernameis » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Great to meet fellow NUFC fans in and around Glasgow.

Myusernameis

Post by Myusernameis » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 pm

By the way would people agree with me that doner kebabs and chilli sauce is MUCH better in Newcastle then in and around Glasgow? Anyone know anyone who wants to open up a kebab shop like one in Newcastle by any chance?

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Myusernameis wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 pm
By the way would people agree with me that doner kebabs and chilli sauce is MUCH better in Newcastle then in and around Glasgow? Anyone know anyone who wants to open up a kebab shop like one in Newcastle by any chance?
For me my local kebab shop has my order known and memorized and is the best kebab shop the length and breadth of the UK

But I think a Newcastle Fans Glasgow supporters group is a fantastic idea

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:57 pm

JamboGeordie wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 pm
Leith-Toon wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:08 pm
If we can get a fair bit interest in this thread it might be worth a bash. I've got mates that follow other English teams chelsea, liverpool and so on but they all love Newcastle and come to the odd game with me.
Yeah sounds good to me.

Who is all Edinburgh based? If there's a few of us, maybe sometime we could pick a pub for a pint when one of our games is on the telly and see if there's something we could set up more regularly for watching games in Edinburgh or going down for a few?