PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 pm
Im going to the McLaren factory in Woking with work later this month. I nearly jizzed my pants when I found out
I went to a chocolate factory with a company I used to work with and at the end they allowed us to grab loads of freebies.

Grab me a car as well if you can. Not bothered about the colour.

Also, don't wipe yer Arse with mine...
So Ive been in touch with McLaren - Im going in their simulator and then into Mission Control to watch the second practice session from Russia - they are going to show me how they capture data and make decisions live. I literally cannot f***ing believe it! So excited
<party>

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Sounds OK

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Be nice to see how the back of the pack fodder do things <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 pm

I went to a chocolate factory with a company I used to work with and at the end they allowed us to grab loads of freebies.

Grab me a car as well if you can. Not bothered about the colour.

Also, don't wipe yer Arse with mine...
So Ive been in touch with McLaren - Im going in their simulator and then into Mission Control to watch the second practice session from Russia - they are going to show me how they capture data and make decisions live. I literally cannot f***ing believe it! So excited
<party>
Based on their performance in second practice... they do have a lot of time to make decisions :)

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:27 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 am

<party>
Based on their performance in second practice... they do have a lot of time to make decisions :)
I asked them about it, they have given up on this season. Next years chasis was on the shop floor and that is what they are focussed on. They said the Renault engine has been brought in too quickly and they didn't have enough test data to get a good model to understand performance

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:27 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 pm

I asked them about it, they have given up on this season. Next years chasis was on the shop floor and that is what they are focussed on. They said the Renault engine has been brought in too quickly and they didn't have enough test data to get a good model to understand performance
Pretty sure they've said "we're focusing on next season" every season for the past 6 or 7 years <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Wow.

Very unexpected return to F1 next season for Kvyat as he rejoins Toro Rosso... again!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Another excellent performance by McLaren and Williams in Q1.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am
Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:27 am

Pretty sure they've said "we're focusing on next season" every season for the past 6 or 7 years <laugh>
I am not a McLaren fanatic by any means but they are steeped in history and I would like to see them get back to winning ways. I used to love Hammy / Button racing together. I think they went down hill when they switched to Honda and havent recovered. So realistically that has been the last 4 years or so

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:28 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am

I am not a McLaren fanatic by any means but they are steeped in history and I would like to see them get back to winning ways. I used to love Hammy / Button racing together. I think they went down hill when they switched to Honda and havent recovered. So realistically that has been the last 4 years or so
When I first got into F1 I was always a McLaren fan (it was the Hakkinen and Coulthard days) and they were awesome.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am

Enjoying this so far! Lewis putting Seb back into his box. Verstappen smashing it!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Obviously team orders are part of F1, but I don't think there was any real need to tell Bottas to move. Hamilton still would have had a comfortable championship lead if he finished second and Vettel wasn't really threatening him. The Championship is all but tied up anyway.

I'm sure Bottas will be given a few race wins as soon as the title is confirmed. I don't think Hamilton has ever won a race after securing the drivers title (i.e. when the job has been done).

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Really hope that Leclerc is allowed to race Vettel next season as I'm not sure how Vettel will cope with internal pressures.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Quite a good race, started well. Max was on form. Middle bit was a little boring. Good to see Hammy getting past Seb - I do think Sebs move to block Lewis was a bit dodgy but it didn't matter. Not sure the team orders were required but I can see why they did it.

Good race from Leclerc. There are some good young drivers coming through, cant wait to see what Lando Norris can do

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Going to the F1 festival in Miami today, showing a couple cars, Red Bull air show etc. Should be good fun.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Should've got yourself a cheap flight to Texas!

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:04 pm
Planning on it next year, my girlfriend's birthday is on the race weekend and she's a big F1 fan so going to treat her (and me <benny>)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:04 pm
Planning on it next year, my girlfriend's birthday is on the race weekend and she's a big F1 fan so going to treat her (and me <benny>)
I used to live in Austin so if you need advice etc.