Match day - Man U v NUFC

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Match day - Man U v NUFC

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:45 pm

I just remember those banners about us not asking for a team that wins, just a team that tries. I'd like to see that under Rafa at some point.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Don't think anyone can accuse the team of not trying yesterday.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:06 pm

The manager though? Yesterday was somewhat of an exception at least to begin with, but our shapeless men behind the ball with no outlet tactic loses us games before we even get on the pitch.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 am

Am I right in thinking this is the first game this season we have scored two goals ?
Improvement .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am

Toondes wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 am
Am I right in thinking this is the first game this season we have scored two goals ?
Improvement .
Yes, but on the downside the first time we have conceded three goals - in the league anyway.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

Must win v Brighton next, then Southampton away and Watford at home needs to be 4 points.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

kyletoonfan
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by kyletoonfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I thought Newcastle were excellent on Saturday its refreshing to see we took the game to them. We showed there defence up for what it is a shambles and had Muto scored that header or the ref given us the pen it could and probably would have been a different story. That said the ref had a good game so I wont critise him.

Diame and Shelvey ran the show from midfield and its a shame he gave away that free kick as he was excellent. The back 4 defended brilliantly as did the whole team in general and our keeper was brilliant to, Muto, Perez and Kennedy were a constant threat in attack. We never bottled it, Mourinho obviously gave a great team talk and his subs and change of formation worked a treat it was a masterclass or luck bit of both for me. Pogba was excellent 2nd half as was Martial and Alexis their goals were quality goals and we saw the real Manchester United in the 2nd half so credit to them and there fans who were excellent to other sides fans would have turned on them but they got right behind them and though there were boos at half time it was minimal.

I'm proud of our efforts and we could have still won it had Diame scored that free header at 2-2 and Matic nearly scored an og but if we play and attack the likes of Brighton and Southampton like we did Manchester United on Saturday we will sooner rather than later start winning games and climbing up the league table. Well played lads and it wasn't typical Newcastle as some are saying they just produced an excellent comeback and had it been typical Newcastle we would have caved in a lot longer than the 70th minute

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 pm

kyletoonfan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:19 pm
I thought Newcastle were excellent on Saturday its refreshing to see we took the game to them. We showed there defence up for what it is a shambles and had Muto scored that header or the ref given us the pen it could and probably would have been a different story. That said the ref had a good game so I wont critise him.

Diame and Shelvey ran the show from midfield and its a shame he gave away that free kick as he was excellent. The back 4 defended brilliantly as did the whole team in general and our keeper was brilliant to, Muto, Perez and Kennedy were a constant threat in attack. We never bottled it, Mourinho obviously gave a great team talk and his subs and change of formation worked a treat it was a masterclass or luck bit of both for me. Pogba was excellent 2nd half as was Martial and Alexis their goals were quality goals and we saw the real Manchester United in the 2nd half so credit to them and there fans who were excellent to other sides fans would have turned on them but they got right behind them and though there were boos at half time it was minimal.

I'm proud of our efforts and we could have still won it had Diame scored that free header at 2-2 and Matic nearly scored an og but if we play and attack the likes of Brighton and Southampton like we did Manchester United on Saturday we will sooner rather than later start winning games and climbing up the league table. Well played lads and it wasn't typical Newcastle as some are saying they just produced an excellent comeback and had it been typical Newcastle we would have caved in a lot longer than the 70th minute
Welcome to the forum <ok>

Can’t see too many sharing your level of optimism around here.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 am

jpg wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 pm
kyletoonfan wrote:

Welcome to the forum <ok>

Can’t see too many sharing your level of optimism around here.
May I recommend, for your demented, anti-doom and gloom... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9527

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 am

Season starts now I believe.
When I seen that opening few games I expected us to be in and around the bottom of the table, I only have two real disappointments
1) Cardiff game- we were woeful but could have nicked it at the end.
2) Losing that Man U game- even though I think had the ref being paying attention we would have gotten a penalty and had a chance to make it 3-0, I believe that would have been game over.

We are more then capable of beating/getting points from the likes of Brighton, Southampton, Watford, Bournemouth and Burnley in our next 5 games
I'll Hazard a guess

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:07 am

kyletoonfan wrote:

Welcome <ok>

I agree with this, I'm not so concerned as pissed off. I still think we'll pull rank and come January the fat controller will panic and fund some transfers, six months too late of course.

I say I'm not too concerned, I think it's just apathy really <erm>