Rodgers in?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Rodgers in?

Post by Chappy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Daily Mirror wrote:Newcastle are considering a move for Brendan Rodgers if Rafa Benitez can't halt their slide...
Great <urgh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Rodgers in?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:53 pm

<laugh>

I smell ****.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 pm

isnt Zidane currently unemployed? I bet he would want to take on a complete s*** show like Newcastle, who wouldnt?

Alternatively, I could take over. Im sure I could manage us to no wins in 6 months and for only 50% of the cost.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

It doesn't matter... <backout>

Ashleyout1872
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Ashleyout1872 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Be a disaster if there's any truth in this. The guys a got a borderline phsycotic ego disorder. Made up a story about a rangers fan running over to his car to tell him how great he was and how much he was respected by the other half of the old firm.

Can place my mortgage on this being complete bollocks he's all smiles and laughter when things are going his way which fortunately for him up here has been most of the time. He turns into a bitter vindictive liar when things don't though. Not the kind of character you'll need to front a revolution and potentially ousting the fat controller

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm

If this is true I'm out

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:19 am

This would be disastrous. He's one of the biggest frauds in football. He'd end up like Pardew but worse. The guys **** is on another level.

Also Rafa should never be sacked anyway. He's done a magnificent job in beyond challenging circumstances. Last season he got what was a pretty much a championship squad to finish top half. Then in the tramsfer market he was betrayed by Ashley/the club.

This season we've had by far the most difficult start of anyone. So far any reasonable person would have had us down to to get something from only two of our games. Cardiff and Palace. From those a realistic target would have been 4/3/2 points. 2 points and 2 clean sheets is pretty decent. Especially when you consider that in all the other games (where we were expected to be thrashed (maybe Leicester aside)) we only lost by the one goal.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am

I'd prefer Ted Rogers with Dusty Bin as his assistant.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am
I'd prefer Ted Rogers with Dusty Bin as his assistant.
I'd prefer Ted Bundy.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Caer Newydd
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Caer Newydd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm

If this is the beginning of the end for Rafa,
And the start of the search for a new gaffer,
We need to think how best to advance,
So, time to face the music and dance,
The only Rogers with such flare,
Is Ginger, assisted by Fred Astaire.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:37 pm

We are in a s*** position. Realistically we need to be thinking about who we want to appoint next season as Rafa isn't staying. But given that it's by no means certain that we'll be in the PL next year that's going to hamper things (in addition to having the issue that lots of managers won't want to work under Ashley). Ideally I'd like to target someone like Eddie Howe, but why would he leave Bournemouth for us. Who'd have thought we'd say that a few years ago.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm

This ridiculous story aside, I’m surprised at some of the comments here about Rodgers. We could do a hell of a lot worse.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm sure he's a reasonable coach, but I just don't want a smug prick in charge. He's not Neil Lennon level of prick, but he's still a smug f***.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 pm

TBC wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm
This ridiculous story aside, I’m surprised at some of the comments here about Rodgers. We could do a hell of a lot worse.
This. He's certainly smug and more than a little Brent-ish. But a good coach with a decent record. He'd be among the top of my short list.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm

CIH wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 pm
TBC wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm
This. He's certainly smug and more than a little Brent-ish. But a good coach with a decent record. He'd be among the top of my short list.
With rangers being out of the picture for pretty much the entirity of his time in Scotland it's really hard to attribute much of Celtics 'success' to the coaching. I'm sure any one out of Moyes, Pardew, Pulis etc could win the SPL year after year with Celtic. He did get Swansea playing good football (although sometimes they were just masters of the sideways passing and ineffective possession under him) and got Liverpool to finish second (albeit with a massive Suarez effect).

We could hypothetically do worse, but he wouldn't be amongst my top 4 or 5 choices. Though he'd probably be preferable to whoever we're likely to end up with if Ashley is choosing.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm
CIH wrote:

With rangers being out of the picture for pretty much the entirity of his time in Scotland it's really hard to attribute much of Celtics 'success' to the coaching. I'm sure any one out of Moyes, Pardew, Pulis etc could win the SPL year after year with Celtic. He did get Swansea playing good football (although sometimes they were just masters of the sideways passing and ineffective possession under him) and got Liverpool to finish second (albeit with a massive Suarez effect).

We could hypothetically do worse, but he wouldn't be amongst my top 4 or 5 choices. Though he'd probably be preferable to whoever we're likely to end up with if Ashley is choosing.
I think he does tick a lot of Ashley's boxes, although it's clear that his next choice is going to be bringing big Sam back. As for Rodgers' time at Celtic, I've not paid much attention to that really, and my opinion is more based on Swansea/Liverpool. He's not a fantastic manager, but we are hardly in the position to attract top class managers under the current ownership. Rafa is an anomaly for more than a few reasons. Rodgers would be in some ways the best of a bad bunch. I can't see Ashley appointing some up and coming forward thinking european etc etc manager. Dyche or Howe would be good as well, but as has been mentioned, neither have any good reason to leave their respective clubs.

I don't see it likely that Rafa will get the sack anyway. Pretty bland article from a crap paper with no real insight or knowledge of anything.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

dave999
Tindall's Hoody

Post by dave999 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:09 am

Bring back Pardew, 10th when he left....say no more!!!

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
CIH wrote:

Rangers were back in the top flight when Rodgers took over celtic. Hes won back to back trebles while rangers have been in the picture.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:29 pm

JamboGeordie wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Rangers were back in the top flight when Rodgers took over celtic. Hes won back to back trebles while rangers have been in the picture.
They were back in the top flight but nowhere even close to where they used to be. It's only now they look like being closer again.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Neil Warnock.