Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Post by TJR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Last edited by TJR on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Protest Plans

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Mass flyer hand out <laugh> Maybe we could hit him really hard with a concerted poster campaign...

The only things that will have any impact are the 11th minute walk-in for visibility (zero financial impact on Ashley) and the boycott v Wolves. I heard about the Wolves boycott (potential) a few weeks ago from a Wolves fan in my office (I live in the Midlands).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:43 pm
Mass flyer hand out <laugh> Maybe we could hit him really hard with a concerted poster campaign...

The only things that will have any impact are the 11th minute walk-in for visibility (zero financial impact on Ashley) and the boycott v Wolves. I heard about the Wolves boycott (potential) a few weeks ago from a Wolves fan in my office (I live in the Midlands).
I agree that the flyers won't impact Ashley but he only way the 11th min walk in and the Wolves boycott will happen is through a mass flyer handout. A large section of the fanbase aren't active on twitter so the flyers and adverts in the chronicle are needed to spread the message.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:52 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I agree that the flyers won't impact Ashley but he only way the 11th min walk in and the Wolves boycott will happen is through a mass flyer handout. A large section of the fanbase aren't active on twitter so the flyers and adverts in the chronicle are needed to spread the message.
I agree with that, but if local media picked up on it then most fans would find out - so that's the key bit for me. Are the chronicle or anything picking up on it?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:52 pm
TJR wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 pm

I agree with that, but if local media picked up on it then most fans would find out - so that's the key bit for me. Are the chronicle or anything picking up on it?
Mark Douglas who is the sports editor at the Chronicle has been to all the Magpie Group meetings so far so I suspect they will. I heard a rumour that the Magpie Group will also be purchasing advertising space in the Chronicle.

Likes of George Caulkin and Luke Edwards are firmly on the side of the fans so they will probably mention it in the Times/Telegraph.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I don't know if you were referencing this, but I can't think of anything else now.

Also, yay free leaflet.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:06 am

I must say, as annoying as Scouse fans can be on an individual level (similar to us fans most likely), they do seem to stand up for the right issues

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

Colly wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I don't know if you were referencing this, but I can't think of anything else now.

Also, yay free leaflet.
Yes! <applause>

I just don't know how to post pictures <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:32 am

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:28 pm

The majority of match goers won’t do this, it’s their choice of course but it’s bloody frustrating.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah ideally you'd want a sub 10k attendance to really make an impact.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Can we get Rafa out as well?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Don't go to the match. Idiots.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 pm
I won't be boycotting, should I take a "Rafa oot" bedsheet for the telly?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 pm
I won't be boycotting, should I take a "Rafa oot" bedsheet for the telly?
And wipe your arse on his flag.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Consider it done.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:49 pm
Yeah ideally you'd want a sub 10k attendance to really make an impact.
Never gonna happen we like to moan but never do anything about it.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 am

Truth is though if we want someone to buy the club, we need to be in the Premier League. Ashley won’t sell the thing for £100m or whatever in the Championship. He won’t accept that loss, he’ll just hope we get promoted again. We need to win games desperately to stay in the league for our sake as well as for Ashley’s sale price. Not to mention to keep Rafa. Feels like a totally mad time to Boycott IMO, cutting off our nose to spite our face.
I had the first custom w***

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:30 am

The thing for me is that he's only going to sell when someone matches his price, and at the moment there really isn't much happening on that front. The idea of the protest is to get him to drop his price with the suggestion that lowered match revenue will scare him which is debatable to begin with.

That aside though, the wider issue is that if no one is biting at his current price, do we really want someone to buy the club that's going to be quibbling over that £50m say? That doesn't exactly hint at a transfer war chest does it? He's not going to half the price because some people didn't turn up, the majority of which have paid up already.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

It's a massive mexican stand off -

Ashley wants to make money, and therefore won't invest, and if he does have his hand forced in Jan he'll raise his prices
Any potential buyers would want a stable premiership team and won't meet Ashley's prices in the clubs current state, let alone if they're raised after a January panic buy session
The fans want investment and Ashley out - this could either be a tool the buyers try to use to pressure Ashley (except he doesn't care) or could put buyers off because they don;t want what's happening to Ashley to happen to them should the money run low

The clubs in free fall whilst Ashley is waiting for the buyers to blink in a multimillion pound staring contest.