The Walking Dead.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: The Walking Dead.

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 pm

beardface wrote:Comic books and TV are completely different mediums. What works in one won’t always work in the other.

Don, who is the character who died early in the show?
I'm guessing it's Andrea?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 am

beardface wrote:Comic books and TV are completely different mediums. What works in one won’t always work in the other.

Andrea who died back in the governer days, she died in the comics in the current story arc.

Agree they are 2 different mediums but you cant really change the characters too much considering a lot of the fanbase are comic readers, also certain characters are pretty important to the story that follows the negan arc.

Another point Im not sure I made on here before is when you have a TV show that is pretty successful like this you are making your cast into stars, and when you have a good cast you can't exactly just kill off their characters on a whim, end of the day your show loses one of its key draws and replacing the spot on the show successfully isn't really guaranteed, it's like the whole Daryl debate, people want him killed off but a massive amount of the viewbase is watching for Norman Reedus if he goes then so do a large portion of the viewers.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am

I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones, but don't they regularly kill off key characters?

I'll still persists with TWD, but that's it, persist.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:

Andrea who died back in the governer days, she died in the comics in the current story arc.

Agree they are 2 different mediums but you cant really change the characters too much considering a lot of the fanbase are comic readers, also certain characters are pretty important to the story that follows the negan arc.

Another point Im not sure I made on here before is when you have a TV show that is pretty successful like this you are making your cast into stars, and when you have a good cast you can't exactly just kill off their characters on a whim, end of the day your show loses one of its key draws and replacing the spot on the show successfully isn't really guaranteed, it's like the whole Daryl debate, people want him killed off but a massive amount of the viewbase is watching for Norman Reedus if he goes then so do a large portion of the viewers.
TWD is (was?) a hugely popular show. I’d imagine the comic book fans definitely make up the minority of the viewing figures. But I do get the points you’re making.

People want Daryl dead?! He’s one of the best characters. <****>
Bodacious Benny wrote:I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones, but don't they regularly kill off key characters?
They do. But Game of Thrones focuses on a lot more characters/larger groups. For similar in TWD we’d have to have watched 20 episodes of those random garbage dwellers.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 am

Say what you want about this season, but
SpoilerShow
Coral <cry>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 am

Totally lost interest in this season. Ive kind of lost track of whats going on, its jumped around that much Im a bit baffled by the story line

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:19 am

I watched the first 3 episodes and haven't bothered with the rest of the new series.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:33 am

SpoilerShow
So, Richard wanted so bad to kill Negan, and when he finally had his chance... He got the bat and gently hit Negan in the face? Okay.

Also, Hilltop, The Kingdom, The Scavengers, The Saviors, The Sanctuary, king Ezekiel, Jesus... a pet tiger? And all of this is happen probably in 30 miles radius. Boy, can't wait to see what happened outside the perimeter.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Anyone else persevering with this rubbish? I watched a few episodes of the latest series (all predictably s*** and repetitive) and have since deleted all the others from my Sky Box. Not bothering to watch it again.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Anyone else persevering with this rubbish? I watched a few episodes of the latest series (all predictably s*** and repetitive) and have since deleted all the others from my Sky Box. Not bothering to watch it again.
Nope gave up on it last season.Don't really know why I kept watching after the second season <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Anyone else persevering with this rubbish? I watched a few episodes of the latest series (all predictably s*** and repetitive) and have since deleted all the others from my Sky Box. Not bothering to watch it again.
Nope gave up on it last season.Don't really know why I kept watching after the second season <laugh>
I've been saying that I'm going to stop watching for a few series now but finally cut all ties <laugh>

The only good episode recently was the beginning of the last series where Negan smashed those people's skulls in.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri May 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Second half of the most recent series was actually really good I thought.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 pm

ALF wrote:Second half of the most recent series was actually really good I thought.
Really good in comparison to recent series or really good in comparison to the early series tho?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Gave up on it a few seasons back. Been catching up on some of the Netflix shows. If you haven't already, you should watch altered carbon. It's amazing.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:Second half of the most recent series was actually really good I thought.
Really good in comparison to recent series or really good in comparison to the early series tho?
Really good compared to the first half of the series. There were still some issues but without spoiling it it actually felt like they were getting somewhere in the second half of it.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri May 25, 2018 4:24 pm

I thought last season got better as it went on. Im watching Fear The Walking Dead Season 3 now and it is sooooo much better than TWD.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Anyone else still watching, this season has been decent and this latest episode has potentially just semi-rebooted the show, i really think it could work well.

for a recap on the season so far if people haven't seen but are intrigued
SpoilerShow
The war has ended and the groups are "co-operating" Negan is still a prisoner, this season so far has mainly focused on a power struggle with rick and maggie, this has mainly been done imo as rick is leaving the show and they need to balance that out, this latest episode has just written Rick out of the story and the ending has just jumped the show forward in time to where Judith is now around the age of 10 and is a little badass, they look like they are going forward with her as a potential lead in the future, the main villains for the rest of the season is going to be the whispers from the comics who are..

spoiler within a spoiler
SpoilerShow
A group that wear the skins of zombies, walk with the herds and talk in messed up zombie voices

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Sounds like the same as the past 5 years then <laugh>

I gave up ages ago.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Its gone super s***. Im totally bored by it

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

Fear the walking dead is now a better show than TWD since Morgan switched.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?