NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Aldridge Prior » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:41 pm
You'd like to think he'd find a place higher than the National League.
League 1 perhaps :bandit:

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:01 am

Aldridge Perez wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 pm
Colly wrote:
Found his level <fist>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 am

Was it Campbell that we loaned out to Gateshead? Worked for him.... <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Beatski wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:01 am
Aldridge Perez wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Found his level <fist>
This is literally what our fans do <laugh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Colly wrote:
Didn't do Tav And Dummett any harm. Also he's 19 and never played men's football, National League is a decent standard of football, Gateshead are a pro team, he'd be playing with local North East lads under a manager and at a club who are good at developing players.

Hartlepool can f*** off though. <laugh>
Last edited by Blue & Maroon on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 am
Was it Campbell that we loaned out to Gateshead? Worked for him.... <laugh>
He was dog s*** for Gateshead, one of the worst performances by a striker I've ever seen vs Woking I think it was. Truly terrible. How he's managed to con his way into the League I will never know.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:16 pm
Colly wrote:
Didn't do Tav And Dummett any harm. Also he's 19 and never played men's football, National League is a decent standard of football, Gateshead are a pro team, he'd be playing with local North East lads under a manager and at a club who are good at developing players.

Hartlepool can **** off though. <laugh>
He's 19 and scoring for fun in the U21s, that's probably a higher standard than the National League already. Yes, being local wouldn't do him any harm, but I don't see any real gain playing wise from dropping that far. Plus isn't Beardsley coaching at Gateshead at the moment? He'd probably drop him for being too foreign anyway...

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm

7 goals for Mitro now. Maybe we can buy him back as selling him was retarded....

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm
7 goals for Mitro now. Maybe we can buy him back as selling him was retarded....
Wouldn't buying him back just to sit on the bench be more retarded?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:16 pm
Hjl wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm
Yes, but playing clearly our best striker rather than selling him to a rival isn't. I generally support Rafa, but if he is going to make decisions like this then some serious questions need to be asked.

I wonder if the anti-Mitro brigade will finally see that they are flat wrong.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Hartlepool can **** off though. <laugh>
He's 19 and scoring for fun in the U21s, that's probably a higher standard than the National League already. Yes, being local wouldn't do him any harm, but I don't see any real gain playing wise from dropping that far. Plus isn't Beardsley coaching at Gateshead at the moment? He'd probably drop him for being too foreign anyway...
U21s football means nothing. No harm in sending him to Gateshead for a 30 day loan and seeing how he does, can train with both first teams as well if he wants, it's good exposure. EFL teams can't have him until Jan anyway.

Beardsley is no where near Gateshead, Steve Watson is the manager and we have an excellent record with young players. Dummett, Tavernier, Honeyman, Gooch, Jordan Hugill all loans that people whinged at because they were sending them to Gateshead. Dummett is a regular for us, Tav plays for Rangers, Honeyman is Sunderland captain, Gooch is a regular, Hugill has done alright.

In all honestly he'd struggle to get in the team the way things are going at the minute anyway. He would definitely not be a shoe in for game time at a league club.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 pm

30 day loan to see him to January I'd take, though if he's as good as suggested League 2 should be bare minimum for someone who's been training with a Premier League first team.

On Beardsley he's just been signed up for that fundraiser game, there's been whisperings of him "helping" Watson out.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 pm
30 day loan to see him to January I'd take, though if he's as good as suggested League 2 should be bare minimum for someone who's been training with a Premier League first team.

On Beardsley he's just been signed up for that fundraiser game, there's been whisperings of him "helping" Watson out.
I knew he was doing the legends game but it's the first I've heard of him helping out, nothing on the Gateshead forum <scratch>

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 am

Hjl wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Yes, but playing clearly our best striker rather than selling him to a rival isn't. I generally support Rafa, but if he is going to make decisions like this then some serious questions need to be asked.

I don't think there is an anti-Mitro brigade, more an Mitro-isn't-God brigade, and a If-Rafa-won't-play-him-might-as-well-sell-him brigade.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:18 am

PTAO? wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 am
Hjl wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm

I don't think there is an anti-Mitro brigade, more an Mitro-isn't-God brigade, and a If-Rafa-won't-play-him-might-as-well-sell-him brigade.
Hmm, not sure IRWPHMAWSH is going to catch on...

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 pm
U21s football means nothing.
Agree with this - the likes of Dele Alli and I believe Jordan Sancho (spelling?) weren't really involved in u21 set-ups really, taking advantage of playing for MK dons and risking a move to Borussia Dortmund. Way way above Gateshead level obviously, but cutting your teeth with the big boys can lead to far quicker development. Especially if it's a 30 day loan, and its local so can still train if needed.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:19 pm

The Mitro issue is not one dimensional, some players play better in different teams/systems, it was clear he didn't really fit in with what we are doing, he had his chances for us still and he didn't exactly flourish, yeah maybe he could have made it with us but it would be a massive risk building a team around someone like that, he has a questionable attitude and isn't the most disciplined, im happy to see him do well for Fulham but that doesn't make me think Rafa got it wrong with him, he just wasn't right for us.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:56 pm

If Rafa can’t make a good striker like Mitrovic fit in some capacity then that’s on Rafa. There’s simply no way to rationalise his treatment of our best striker and it’s silly to pretend Rafa didn’t f*** up by making sure he only got the absolute least out of him for 18 months. He persevered with Joselu who offered literally f*** all but shunned Mitro who clearly had the potential to offer goals and a presence when attacking. I think selling Mitro to stick with Joselu will go down as Rafa’s biggest mistake for us

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:19 pm
The Mitro issue is not one dimensional, some players play better in different teams/systems, it was clear he didn't really fit in with what we are doing, he had his chances for us still and he didn't exactly flourish, yeah maybe he could have made it with us but it would be a massive risk building a team around someone like that, he has a questionable attitude and isn't the most disciplined, im happy to see him do well for Fulham but that doesn't make me think Rafa got it wrong with him, he just wasn't right for us.
No, no, no one said anything about building a team round him (though actually playing him in that horrible run from September to Christmas last season might have been nice), arguable, no.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:06 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:19 pm
No, no, no one said anything about building a team round him (though actually playing him in that horrible run from September to Christmas last season might have been nice), arguable, no.
I didnt say they did, but if we were to keep him we would have had to change how we play because it was pretty obvious he wasn't suited this set up