Just a thought...

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Just a thought...

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm

...but, is it possible that Rafa is doing such a good job at keeping a mediocre team in the Premier League that Ashley is way more reluctant to sell than he was and getting more and more by the minute?! <scratch>

Depressing thought, I know...

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: Just a thought...

Post by PTAO? » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm
...but, is it possible that Rafa is doing such a good job at keeping a mediocre team in the Premier League that Ashley is way more reluctant to sell than he was and getting more and more by the minute?! <scratch>

Ashley doesn't want to sell.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:45 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 pm
Oval85 wrote:

Nor does he want to invest.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 pm

He’s waiting to sell Sorensen for £50m, scored again tonight <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Oval85 wrote:

I think he does, I just don't think he wants to at the price the media and people has made up in their minds.
Premier League is such a commercial gold mine, and Ashley knows that better than any it seems.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 am

While the club is making money he'll be happy to sit back and continue to do what he's doing

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am

JamboGeordie wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 am
While the club is making money he'll be happy to sit back and continue to do what he's doing
<ok>

Yep, and no amount of leaflet campaigns will stop that. As was said, he’ll only leave when he gets what he wants.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:45 am

Oval85 wrote:
...but, is it possible that Rafa is doing such a good job at keeping a mediocre team in the Premier League
This.

He's done a great job the past two seasons. Won the Championship then did very well to finish top half.

Poor start this season but we lool to be turning it around. Rafa will keep us up and in the circumstances that will most definitely be a job well done.
PTAO? wrote:
Oval85 wrote:

Also this.

If he actually wanted to sell the club then he would have by now. It isn't difficult to sell a Premier League club. Just put it on the market for a reasonable price. The fact he turned down an offer of £300 million around this time last year says it all. If he wanted to sell the club then he would have.

Also he told Rafa and the players at the Ponteland meal that he had no intention of selling the club this year.