NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 pm

He’ll enjoy living in London <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Apparently there are reports Almiron would prefer us or west ham as he will have better chances of playing. Let get the thread ready and work our way to 50 pages <diva>

Also there are some reports Calhanoglu could be available on the cheap this coming window, though highly unlikely as I doubt he would be on Rafas targets list.
That would be a record, even for us, 50 pages before the window even opens!

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 pm

not sure how reputable but Mark Douglas retweeted

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't follow the MLS at all, so have absolutely no idea whether I should start getting excited or not?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 pm
I don't follow the MLS at all, so have absolutely no idea whether I should start getting excited or not?
People who should know these things reckon he’s one of the most exciting players in the league. I’d equate it to getting one of the most exciting players from the Dutch/Belgian leagues, ie big hopes but a step up.
I had the first custom w***

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am

MLS is getting to a decent standard and Almiron is seen as one of the better players, also not that it means anything but he's only really behind Zlatan, Rooney, Martinez (his Atalanta teammate) in merch sales, so it's a very popular player.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 am

Although I'm happy it seems like we might be signing someone decent, I often think that international goals-per-games give a better view of how a player will fair with scoring in the Prem when coming from a lower standard league. Obviously it's not everything and there's exceptions but 0 in 12 for Paraguay isn't too inspiring. I hope he has a bit more to his game and can pick out a pass too, and ends up doing well for us!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am

Sir Bobby wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 am
Although I'm happy it seems like we might be signing someone decent, I often think that international goals-per-games give a better view of how a player will fair with scoring in the Prem when coming from a lower standard league. Obviously it's not everything and there's exceptions but 0 in 12 for Paraguay isn't too inspiring. I hope he has a bit more to his game and can pick out a pass too, and ends up doing well for us!
Hes not really a goal scorer though, hes mainly a creative player, very quick and from what ive seen will work really well in a counter attacking team, he seems to muck in defensively then use his pace and dribbling to launch counters, he reminds me a little of a harder working Ben Arfa, hes not going to come in and bang in 15 goals but he will provide quality in the final 3rd and chip in with a few goals along the way, if we get him i think he will play really well with Rondon, will give him a dangerous outlet when holding up the ball and he can provide quality balls into the box that rondon can thrive off.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Watching that video and all I kept repeating was "That's where Perez would fall over."

Yes mate

Post by Yes mate » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm

^ Yeah, it's posts like that that sum up our fans really. Typical of us to not get behind a player and instead criticise them. No wonder Perez's confidence is shot. Honestly, the cheek of some of our 'fans'.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am
Sir Bobby wrote:
Hes not really a goal scorer though, hes mainly a creative player, very quick and from what ive seen will work really well in a counter attacking team, he seems to muck in defensively then use his pace and dribbling to launch counters, he reminds me a little of a harder working Ben Arfa, hes not going to come in and bang in 15 goals but he will provide quality in the final 3rd and chip in with a few goals along the way, if we get him i think he will play really well with Rondon, will give him a dangerous outlet when holding up the ball and he can provide quality balls into the box that rondon can thrive off.

<ok>

Looks tidy. Hope the signings goes through and he shines for us!

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Anyone get serious Hatem vibes watching that video? <awe>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am
Sir Bobby wrote:
Seconded. I watch a fair amount of MLS, andt he's been the creative linchpin of the most exciting attacking side in the league the past two seasons. Obviously it's a jump up, but I'm sure a player in his role in Spain or Germany would be twice the price, and at least he's been playing for a manager with European experience employing European tactics.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am
MLS is getting to a decent standard and Almiron is seen as one of the better players, also not that it means anything but he's only really behind Zlatan, Rooney, Martinez (his Atalanta teammate) in merch sales, so it's a very popular player.
Another Venezuelan. <diva>

That's who we should get. Double deal for both on loan and 30mil at the end of the season would be a great deal. Martinez would have that Venezuelan connection with Rondon and is a different type of player more of a finisher with pace and movement. Give them Joselu for free aswell. :bandit:

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 am

Andreas Samaris linked again
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 pm

No bid lodged for Almiron according to his current club...

That's us out then.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Judging him on purely the league he plays in here but I don’t think I’d be comfortable spending that much money on what can only be a punt at this level. Under this regime anyway.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Although if he means $30m then that's only about £23m <roll>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 pm
No bid lodged for Almiron according to his current club...

That's us out then.
3 month loan?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:04 pm

MA: 3 choc ices, take it or leave it
DE: ...