'Miracle' needed - Benitez

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: 'Miracle' needed - Benitez

Post by Colly » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:08 pm

I've said it several times, but it's still beyond me why we took Atsu on past his loan period.

I think we've gone over the transfer argument a million times at this point ("he signed players for the Championship"/"most of them came from Premiership clubs"/"he's working to a budget"/"why sign players then don't use them") etc etc, but the important point is that for all the likes of Fulham may have spent more than us they started from a lower point, and £25m of that spend was on one of our cast offs. We should be able to compete against the lower teams, especially at home, and even if we can't we can at least attempt to. If we then get spanked 3-0 by Fulham I'll fully accept there's nothing Rafa can do and it's all on the chairman, but if we play 5 at the back and hope for a point that's on Benitez.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 am

Yes - dud signings are an issue. But i you're getting 4th - 10th choice players because they're cost effective choices that is what will happen.

This also doesn't account for the rug being pulled out at the same time in terms of player sales.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 pm

We’ll need a miracle if Rafa is still in charge
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:56 pm

There's no excuse for not having a proper go at a team who were in League One last season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Gregg5
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Gregg5 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Speedo wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:08 pm
The transfer window is about to begin. Rafa's trying to encourage the club to invest. He (rightly) does it every window. Then February 1st will come and he'll make some positive noises about battling on together, getting behind the team etc.
Sounds like Rafa is a wee bit superficial if you ask me. Maybe a bit of honesty in his dealings with Mr Ashley wouldn't go a miss.