NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
.......and having Lejeune back from injury is like having a new signing.
Ki to come back next month too. That’s 3 new signings to bolster the squad...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm

I don't think I've seen a credible rumour yet and we're seven days in. We are so f***ed <neg>
REQUIEM

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm
I don't think I've seen a credible rumour yet and we're seven days in. We are so f***ed <neg>

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEARRRR

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm

I’m seriously back at the stage where I genuinely couldn’t care less if we’re relegated as things are. What’s the point in being in the PL where half the time we’re just going into matches hoping to only lose by one or two.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm
I’m seriously back at the stage where I genuinely couldn’t care less if we’re relegated as things are. What’s the point in being in the PL where half the time we’re just going into matches hoping to only lose by one or two.
But we often played like that in the Championship too <urgh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm
But we often played like that in the Championship too <urgh>
<laugh>

At least the Championship is interesting. PL is almost certain who the top two will be, and just as certain who the top 6 will be. There’s a load of teams seeking to achieve absolutely nothing in the middle (see Bournemouth not even bothering with the FA Cup despite being absolutely safe from relegation), then about 6 teams at the bottom scrapping for survival playing football that a lot of championship teams would be ashamed of.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm

I'm not looking forward to another season down there. This side would get absolutely battered by some of the top teams in the Championship. Plus going down almost certainly means no takeover at the price Ashley is demanding and he probably won't fund another promotion push. So we'd probably be languishing in mid-table for years on end, and Sunderland proved a double drop isn't impossible.

Staying up is pivotal this year.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am

Heisen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm not looking forward to another season down there. This side would get absolutely battered by some of the top teams in the Championship. Plus going down almost certainly means no takeover at the price Ashley is demanding and he probably won't fund another promotion push. So we'd probably be languishing in mid-table for years on end, and Sunderland proved a double drop isn't impossible.

Why is being Premier League team now pivotal at all?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 am

Luque wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am
Heisen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Why is being Premier League team now pivotal at all?
I don't understand the question? It's pivotal in the sense that if we go down, I can't see us coming straight back this time. And I'd rather languish mid-table in the Premier League than the Championship.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 am

I won't be able to watch most of our games if we go down. Doesn't matter to locals, but it's not only local that support them.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:44 am

Hjl wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 am
I won't be able to watch most of our games if we go down. Doesn't matter to locals, but it's not only local that support them.
This.
I had the first custom w***

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 am

Hjl wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 am
This is true for me, but tbh with dire, negative relegation scraps in the PL I can technically watch them, but increasingly I'm not. At least in the Champ I'd seek out games cos it might be exciting more often
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:03 pm

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... n-15645083

Ah the excuses already
tbh I don't think he is (if he really is asking ) worthy of 100k a week.

I'd assume this is just another filler from the Chron
I'll Hazard a guess

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Darren Eales, the MLS club's president, said: "I have seen some laughable things in the press, clearly we are never going to loan one of our players out and we are certainly not going to let them go for the chump change that I have seen in some reports

Proof that we did make an offer

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm
Darren Eales, the MLS club's president, said: "I have seen some laughable things in the press, clearly we are never going to loan one of our players out and we are certainly not going to let them go for the chump change that I have seen in some reports

A snickers and 2 packets of Wotsits
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

He was misquoted, he said chomp change. We offered half a chomp. Not sure the club would be willing to offer as much as 2 packs of wotsits.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:24 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm

He was misquoted, he said chomp change. We offered half a chomp. Not sure the club would be willing to offer as much as 2 packs of wotsits.
True Penfold would probably eat half of the packet before negotiations started.
I'll Hazard a guess

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

When the average wage is 96k p/w in the Premier League it isn't that unreasonable. If you want decent players you've got to pay for them.

The fact our highest earner (Shelvey) is on 80k p/w and the league average is 96k p/w is exactly why we're struggling. Better players will demand more money, if we're not prepared to pay the going rate then we aren't going to attract decent players which is why we've got a squad lacking in quality.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:56 pm

TJR wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm
When the average wage is 96k p/w in the Premier League it isn't that unreasonable. If you want decent players you've got to pay for them.

The fact our highest earner (Shelvey) is on 80k p/w and the league average is 96k p/w is exactly why we're struggling. Better players will demand more money, if we're not prepared to pay the going rate then we aren't going to attract decent players which is why we've got a squad lacking in quality.

I mean this is broadly true, but wages in the PL suffer massively from skew. The top 6+ a few other big spenders (west ham Everton) are waaay above the rest. I'd be interested to know what the bottom 10 average is
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:56 pm
TJR wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

I mean this is broadly true, but wages in the PL suffer massively from skew. The top 6+ a few other big spenders (west ham Everton) are waaay above the rest. I'd be interested to know what the bottom 10 average is
I'd say that well over half the league pay very good wages to players. As well as the teams you mention I'm sure I read that Wolves made Neves the first ever £100k a week player in the Championship last season, Leicester pay Vardy £100k+ per week, and the likes of Evans and Iheanacho £70-£80k a week, Palace pay Benteke, Zaha, Sakho good money and even Bournemouth pay / paid a lot to Defoe, Begovic etc. very good money.

Our wage structure definitely doesn't align to what the going rate is nowadays, you won't pick up any half decent player for less than £50-£60k per week upwards now. Even that's being conservative.