Sky: Peter Kenyon in talks about taking over NUFC

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Sky: Peter Kenyon in talks about taking over NUFC

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Does this mean Kenyon will be given 20 minutes as a CM?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am

Apparently Kenyon has been trying to "crowd-fund" his takeover. Asking for investors to put in a minimum 1m so he can reach the total <laugh>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am

CIH wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am
Apparently Kenyon has been trying to "crowd-fund" his takeover. Asking for investors to put in a minimum 1m so he can reach the total <laugh>
Wish his pathetic takeover attempt would f*** off so Ashley will let us spend £5m on the new Joselu.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:12 am

Dear me, as if Ashley isn't bad enough, his only serious competition is someone having a f***ing whip round.

Gregg5
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Gregg5 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am

Just need to see a bit of progress while the transfer window remains fresh. No last minutes rush.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm

CIH wrote:
As believable as one of lassassinblancs transfer rumours <fist>

<roll> <smooch>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm
CIH wrote:
As believable as one of lassassinblancs transfer rumours <fist>

<roll> <smooch>
<love>
I'll Hazard a guess

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Heisen wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:12 am
Dear me, as if Ashley isn't bad enough, his only serious competition is someone having a f***ing whip round.
This, f*** me man <laugh>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

News on the street is he is making a gofundme and a patreon as we speak

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Heisen wrote:
To be fair struggle to get investment to purchase the club does not necessarily impact the post-takeover spending power. As the purchase would clear the debt to Mike Ashley, we could reasonably take out a loan against future income (which could be very short term, e.g. against the rest of this season's income, or longer term revenues) to invest; as a business worth £300m and an annual turnover in the region of £120m, it would be straightforward and financially manageable to get a loan to provide funds for immediate investment in playing staff or training ground improvements. That could be a short term loan until TV money arrives, or a longer term investment e.g. mortgaging the training ground to finance investment in it. Of course, investing with interest-free capital (i.e. interest-free loans or pure cash) is the most favourable solution, but it's not a crisis if some amount of paid financing is required.

Also part of the issue with the way Mike Ashley runs NUFC at the moment is he runs it like a retailer - i.e. cash is king. This is a naive approach in a business that sees large capital fluctuations across the year (e.g., transfer windows, irregular TV money, 3 months a year without home games). Short-term financing that smooths that curve would enable spending without a significant financial cost.
I had the first custom w***

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Heisen wrote:
To be fair struggle to get investment to purchase the club does not necessarily impact the post-takeover spending power. As the purchase would clear the debt to Mike Ashley, we could reasonably take out a loan against future income (which could be very short term, e.g. against the rest of this season's income, or longer term revenues) to invest; as a business worth £300m and an annual turnover in the region of £120m, it would be straightforward and financially manageable to get a loan to provide funds for immediate investment in playing staff or training ground improvements. That could be a short term loan until TV money arrives, or a longer term investment e.g. mortgaging the training ground to finance investment in it. Of course, investing with interest-free capital (i.e. interest-free loans or pure cash) is the most favourable solution, but it's not a crisis if some amount of paid financing is required.

Also part of the issue with the way Mike Ashley runs NUFC at the moment is he runs it like a retailer - i.e. cash is king. This is a naive approach in a business that sees large capital fluctuations across the year (e.g., transfer windows, irregular TV money, 3 months a year without home games). Short-term financing that smooths that curve would enable spending without a significant financial cost.
I also imagine there are more ownership groups with relatively silent minority owners than people realize. So the fact he might be trying to add a few more small investors to the group isn't necessarily damning, especially if trying to put together a large enough group that can throw some money around later.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 pm

krully wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm
News on the street is he is making a gofundme and a patreon as we speak
Hay now, it was good enough for the president of America...