Emiliano Sala

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Emiliano Sala

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... y-46954922

Cardiff's new signing has been confirmed by French Police to be on board this flight. <cry>
I'll Hazard a guess

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: Emiliano Sala

Post by omegaprimevkm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am

That's horrific! I'll never get on a plane that small...Feel really sorry for his family etc.

I'm wondering what this means for Cardiff too...are they out of pocket

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 am

Clubs would have insurance for long term injuries and the like.
I'd imagine this would fall under this.
Horrible tragedy, Still conflicting reports but if true RIP to him and the other people on board
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am

Seems like it’s true, nobody could survive a night in the English Channel in January.

Tragic story for him and the other person on board. Doesn’t matter that he’s a footballer or about insurance etc.

I’d always fly commercially even if I was super rich. Not often that a BA, Emirates, Virgin flight etc comes down.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 am

Of course it should be the last thing on anyone's mind, regardless of what the guy did for a living he and whoever else was onboard was somebodies child <cry>

Yeah English Channel wouldn't be the best place to be even during the height of summer much less winter.

Horrible tragedy <cry> <cry>
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am

I think people are always going to be curious about the sporting consequences when this happens to sportstars, of course sport isnt the main concern in this situation but i dont blame people thinking about those things in the moment.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am
I think people are always going to be curious about the sporting consequences when this happens to sportstars, of course sport isnt the main concern in this situation but i dont blame people thinking about those things in the moment.
Of course if it was someone Newcastle signed I be wondering about the financial side of it. Actually I'd imagine it would be the first question Ashley would probably want to know
I'll Hazard a guess

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:15 am

Supports Rio's argument for Ashley not buying players.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 am

Awful. Hope he’s somehow made it out alive but sounds bleak. What are the chances, esp so soon after the Leicester helicopter crash.
I had the first custom w***

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 pm

I suppose an optimist could think its just the radio that when down and they have had to emergency land somewhere once they came over land, i assume these tiny planes are not tracked as well as the bigger ones.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Unconfirmed rumours that the plane took off on the 4th attempt after failing to take off 3 times.
If that is true then you have to say some blame lies with ground crew and aviation authority in Nantes. Why was the plane not grounded !!!
I'll Hazard a guess

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm

That is terrible news, really hope everybody turns up safe.

Hate to add to the gloom but that is not an area of water you would want to crash-land in. The waters off Alderney are notoriously dangerous. If the plane came down near Les Casquets lighthouse that is slap bang in the middle of what is known as the Alderney Race, an area of water which has rip-tides that reach up to 12 knots in speed (that's about 13.5mph). Sailors and fishermen generally avoid it because it is so rough.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm
That is terrible news, really hope everybody turns up safe.

Hate to add to the gloom but that is not an area of water you would want to crash-land in. The waters off Alderney are notoriously dangerous. If the plane came down near Les Casquets lighthouse that is slap bang in the middle of what is known as the Alderney Race, an area of water which has rip-tides that reach up to 12 knots in speed (that's about 13.5mph). Sailors and fishermen generally avoid it because it is so rough.
Yeah my stepdad goes out sea fishing in the Channel most weekends and you really need to know what you're doing or else you'll find yourself in serious trouble.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 pm

It's grim news and though not confirmed yet, it seems pretty certain a crash like that would have killed all on board. RIP

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Search called off for a second day, no chance at all will they find anyone alive sadly. Even IF they did manage to crash land on land, it's not exactly an area of vast wilderness so they would have been found already. The plane will have come down in the sea and if they did survive the crash they'd have long since died from hypothermia. Tragic stuff. Hopefully they can find the wreckage and recover bodies to help the families with their grief.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 pm
Search called off for a second day, no chance at all will they find anyone alive sadly. Even IF they did manage to crash land on land, it's not exactly an area of vast wilderness so they would have been found already. The plane will have come down in the sea and if they did survive the crash they'd have long since died from hypothermia. Tragic stuff. Hopefully they can find the wreckage and recover bodies to help the families with their grief.
Just watched the local news (i'm from Guernsey). Already searched a 1,000 sq.miles. They reported an update during the news that apparently some floating debris had been spotted a couple of hours ago, but by the time the lifeboat reached the sight there was nothing anywhere near. The currents having already taken it miles away.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Can't they just get a submarine to do some sort of sonar s*** to take a scan and create a 3D model of the sea and the sea bed?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Luque wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Can't they just get a submarine to do some sort of sonar s*** to take a scan and create a 3D model of the sea and the sea bed?
I think you're underestimating how big the sea is.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Heisen wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Luque wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm
I think you're underestimating how big the sea is.
And how small fragments of plane are in comparison.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 pm

I saw on the news they shared a voice clip left by Sala to his friends or something - and he said he was worrying about the state of the plane...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.