Emiliano Sala

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: Emiliano Sala

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Yeah he said he feels like the plane is going to fall to pieces or something. He doesn't sound panicked though, more conversational. Carries on just chatting about flying into Cardiff and starting training tomorrow etc. There's been renewed hope as apparently what looked like flares were spotted coming from a remote uninhabited island not far from where the plane vanished. It's notiriously difficult to get to apparently, which is why it hasn't been searched yet.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:59 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:29 pm
Yeah he said he feels like the plane is going to fall to pieces or something. He doesn't sound panicked though, more conversational. Carries on just chatting about flying into Cardiff and starting training tomorrow etc. There's been renewed hope as apparently what looked like flares were spotted coming from a remote uninhabited island not far from where the plane vanished. It's notiriously difficult to get to apparently, which is why it hasn't been searched yet.
Really? I'd really given up any hope of him turning him, but it'd be an amazing turn of events if he/they survived.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:09 am

Tragic as this is, why not put the money to good use like donating it to a children’s charity, help homeless people etc. They’re clearly both dead (and would have been dead within hours (at best) of the crash and there’s little to no chance of finding the bodies.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Seat cushions suspected to be from the Sala plane have swept up on a beach in France
I'll Hazard a guess

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Is it too soon for a dark joke?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Yes.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Luque wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm
Is it too soon for a dark joke?
It's never too soon.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 pm

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Glad they've found the wreckage. At least it'll give the familys of Sala the pilot a bit of closure.

So sad what's happened.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 pm

TJR wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:15 pm
Glad they've found the wreckage. At least it'll give the familys of Sala the pilot a bit of closure.

So sad what's happened.
Not sure you’d ever get closure without finding the bodies (highly unlikely now).

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 pm
TJR wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:15 pm

So sad what's happened.
Not sure you’d ever get closure without finding the bodies (highly unlikely now).
The guy who found it was on SSN earlier he didn't confirm anything but it gave the impression the bodies were amongst the wreckage.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:03 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 pm

The guy who found it was on SSN earlier he didn't confirm anything but it gave the impression the bodies were amongst the wreckage.
Ah right, that’s better news then.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm

In a statement, the AAIB said: "The remotely operated vehicle (ROV) carried out a further search of the area overnight, but did not identify any additional pieces of wreckage.

"Tragically, in video footage from the ROV, one occupant is visible amidst the wreckage. The AAIB is now considering the next steps, in consultation with the families of the pilot and passenger, and the police."

The AAIB added it intends to publish an interim report within a month of when the accident happened.

A decision has yet to be taken on whether to raise the wreckage to the surface.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm

With that kind of thing you can only hope that both were knocked out or killed instantly on impact. Pretty horrendous if you survived the crash then got dragged down with the plane and drowned.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm
With that kind of thing you can only hope that both were knocked out or killed instantly on impact. Pretty horrendous if you survived the crash then got dragged down with the plane and drowned.
Drowning is supposed to be rather peaceful once the panic goes
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:49 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:22 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm
Drowning is supposed to be rather peaceful once the panic goes
Apparently so...I think all things considered I’d still prefer to die instantly on impact.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:19 pm

I think the grief around it all might galvanise Cardiff to stay up. Before this whole ordeal their survival hopes were almost dead in the water.

A Pardew In A Pear Tree
Miggy's Smiles

Post by A Pardew In A Pear Tree » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Luque wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:19 pm
I think the grief around it all might galvanise Cardiff to stay up. Before this whole ordeal their survival hopes were almost dead in the water.
Prick
cbrad NUFC wrote:
She died <wah> <rose>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:33 pm

The body that was found in the plane has been identified as Emiliano Sala. I suppose at best it's some closure for the family. As far as I'm aware they have yet to find David Ibotsson, the pilot. It's sad to say but it seems pretty clear by this point that at best it's his body to find. It's a terrible tragedy for all involved, and even beyond that. I really hope that these (very loose) rumours about the plane not being in fit shape don't come to anything. In someways I'd think it'd be better if it was a freak accident. Although maybe that's a much more departed point of view.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair