Match thread.FA cup NUFC v Watford

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match thread.FA cup NUFC v Watford

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Another pointless season <awe>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Meh.

I was bored of the cup anyway.

<cry>

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm

The more talented squad on the field won

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vaj
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions

Post by Vaj » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm

First time I’ve ever wanted Rafa to leave. Why can’t we just give the cup a go, absolutely nothing to get excited about these days. What’s the point in Rondon on the bench if you don’t bring him on. Might as well leave him at home!

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Imagine not bringing in Rondon down 0-1 for the last 15 minutes

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:55 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm
Imagine not bringing in Rondon down 0-1 for the last 15 minutes
Yep. But you know we need to focus on getting humped by City on Tuesday. Waste of time, might as well not turn up and award them 3 points now.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Rafa claims we were not much worse than Watford and have to realise we couldn't get further with this team.

What a cronut.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Vaj wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm
First time I’ve ever wanted Rafa to leave. Why can’t we just give the cup a go, absolutely nothing to get excited about these days. What’s the point in Rondon on the bench if you don’t bring him on. Might as well leave him at home!
This. Rafa's decision making and subs are baffling to say the least. He seems to be more of a reactive than a proactive manager. Insted of bringing on our best attacker in Rondon for the last 15 mins to at least salvage a replay we put on a CB. Shows the negative, cautious and defensive mentality of Benitez. Last season I could accept this style of football because we were getting results and the counter-attack suited us to the core. Now it's just sit back, lump hopeless balls upfield, try to play on the break hope for a goal and if not concede or draw but more likely lose in a drab 0-1 type match. No fluidity, creativity, imagination or pace in pattern of play.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 pm

At least we can concentrate on relegation now
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 pm

There is a reason a lot of players didn't play today and that's because the FA cup is a hindrance for this squad, PL is the priority and always will be under this regime, we do not have a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts, I'm baffled that there seems to be a lot of people who still don't understand this despite it being the stance since Ashley walked through the doors.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 pm
There is a reason a lot of players didn't play today and that's because the FA cup is a hindrance for this squad, PL is the priority and always will be under this regime, we do not have a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts, I'm baffled that there seems to be a lot of people who still don't understand this despite it being the stance since Ashley walked through the doors.
We can all understand that but at the same time be frustrated. We’ve got zero chance v City on Tuesday, so we could’ve rotated a bit then. We looked dog s*** against a team who made 11 changes. Plus it’s not like we actually have that many games across the entire season so fatigue really shouldn’t be an issue. But yeah, we can focus on staying up now and experience exactly the same s*** next season.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 pm
I understand but it doesn't mean I have to accept it or be happy with it.

We never even gave it a go today which saddens me somewhat.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm

I'm absolutely just f***ing bored of it all now. There's just no enjoyment anymore, nor hope that it will change.

It's just not entertaining, I'm honestly not sure what I'm still supporting us for. It's as dull as dishwasher.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing us it was acceptable to play five at the back at home.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 pm

He's a **** manager living off a lucky Champions League win 14 years ago.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:37 pm

ALF wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 pm
He's a **** manager living off a lucky Champions League win 14 years ago.
Strangely enough was chatting with mates last week and the subject of miracles came up. Asked whether I believe in them I said; up until a year or so ago definetely not, but since i've witnessed what a s*** manager Benitez is I think one may have happened when he somehow won the Champions League with the Dippers.

Please can we just sack him and move on, this has gone way beyond a joke now!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 pm

s*** manager living off a lucky champions league win....heard it all now <laugh>

Yeah football has been s*** with us a lot of the time (hardly blessed with an abundance of talent), but he’s won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, Italian Cup, La Liga TWICE ffs and probably other things I’ve forgotten. Sure a lot of them were a fair time ago now, although the uefa cup and Italian Cup(s) were more recent, but to blanket label him a s*** or a lucky manager is amongst the most stupid things ever said on here. You might strike lucky winning one or two things, but not that many.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:37 pm

<laugh>

Top wumming from Alf & DT.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 pm
s*** manager living off a lucky champions league win....heard it all now <laugh>

Yeah football has been s*** with us a lot of the time (hardly blessed with an abundance of talent), but he’s won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, Italian Cup, La Liga TWICE ffs and probably other things I’ve forgotten. Sure a lot of them were a fair time ago now, although the uefa cup and Italian Cup(s) were more recent, but to blanket label him a s*** or a lucky manager is amongst the most stupid things ever said on here. You might strike lucky winning one or two things, but not that many.

Well maybe somebody should remind him of his pedigree when he lines up to play five at the back against the likes of Blackburn or Watford reserves. His performance at Newcastle has fallen well short of his reputation, so I'd say Alf's comment is pretty accurate.

And I stand by my opinion, however good he may or may not have been at other clubs in the past, his performance has been average at best in past seasons and s*** during this one.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:01 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Well maybe somebody should remind him of his pedigree when he lines up to play five at the back against the likes of Blackburn or Watford reserves. His performance at Newcastle has fallen well short of his reputation, so I'd say Alf's comment is pretty accurate.

And I stand by my opinion, however good he may or may not have been at other clubs in the past, his performance has been average at best in past seasons and s*** during this one.
And I don’t disagree with some of that, but to blanket label him a s*** manager is clearly bollocks.

I’m not a fan of five at the back in games like this, but take Chelsea away for example. We set up perfectly and could / should have won the game had it not been for not having players to finish the chances we created. Tactics were bang on, the manager can’t be blamed for not being allowed to bring in quality.