NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

User avatar
Oval85
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Norway

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Oval85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Does this mean we're stuck with fatty indefinitely... again?! <wah>

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm
Does this mean we're stuck with fatty indefinitely... again?! <wah>
The club lives within it's means. The money spent is the clubs, not Ashley's.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:05 pm

Sheffield Wednesday are set to sign Newcastle duo Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

Decent move for both. Get some game time and see how they are come summer. Aarons is the one I'm hoping will still come good, it's a shame he hasn't fulfilled his potential obviously injuries and limited game have hammered his progress but this should rebuild him with some confidence and game time.

User avatar
gotcoffee
Bruce's Cabbage
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by gotcoffee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Just watching Darren Bent on SSN .. his view on Almiron was "£20m is a lot of money, maybe Newcastle would have been better getting a Championship striker who's on fire cause they know English football, I mean Michael Owen was about £8m, so they've taken a long time to spend big. I'm not sure' .. <laugh>

Also see that Murphy is doing his medical at WBA ahead of a loan .. <scratch> guess we can survive without him, but strange as there's no backfill .. unless .........
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

User avatar
originallad
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by originallad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Predicted it last night and still stick by it, think we're done on the incomings. Still, not a bad few days like. I am a bit baffled we're letting Murphy go without a replacement though, even though he has been pretty turd. Can't believe we spuffed 10 mil on him.

Online
User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1647
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Rumours on twitter we've hijacked Marseilles move for Marcus Thuram
<ayo>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27465
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Good move for Murphy but as I said before I want him back with us next season. He’s never had a run of games (unlike Joselu and Manquillo...) to show what he can do and he has shown flashes at times. To write him off after a handful of scattered appearances is pretty stupid (but representative of a large chunk of our fanbase).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Online
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9288
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm
Rumours on twitter we've hijacked Marseilles move for Marcus Thuram
Not seen any <scratch>

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Just seen Hatem at the Airport.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:10 pm

Luque wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:59 pm
Just seen Hatem at the Airport.
I heard Cabaye's near St.James as we speak.. <whistle>

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9641
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Also can't see why West Brom would loan Rondon to us for a second year. There'll be no shortage of suitors for him in the summer if he keeps up his decent form this season, so even if we're unwilling to sign him to a long term contract, someone would, and can't see why they accept another loan deal with us.

User avatar
Oval85
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Norway

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Oval85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Luque wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm
Oval85 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm
Does this mean we're stuck with fatty indefinitely... again?! <wah>
The club lives within it's means. The money spent is the clubs, not Ashley's.
I think you misunderstood my whine.... <whistle>
You see, I hope we go down... and not up again at first try. <laugh>

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:10 pm
Luque wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:59 pm
Just seen Hatem at the Airport.
I heard Cabaye's near St.James as we speak.. <whistle>
I would.
<perv>

User avatar
originallad
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by originallad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Yeah we're definitely done for today. Attacking midfielder and left back sorted though so I'm happy. Another signing would have been nice but i'd have taken our win over City over a 3rd signing any day.

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8882
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Speedo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm

originallad wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm
Yeah we're definitely done for today. Attacking midfielder and left back sorted though so I'm happy. Another signing would have been nice but i'd have taken our win over City over a 3rd signing any day.
This is a pretty fair summary (though I really would have liked another striker).
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9641
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Pretty wild hearing the demands coming from the Batshuayi dealings. Having watched most of Valencia's matches this season, and having previously been a fan of his, it's been pretty shocking how ineffectual he's been. Definitely not deserving of 160k wages or a 1m loan fee to his agent(s).

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:34 pm

originallad wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm
Yeah we're definitely done for today. Attacking midfielder and left back sorted though so I'm happy. Another signing would have been nice but i'd have taken our win over City over a 3rd signing any day.
You say that as if they're linked... why is it a choice between those two? We still need a striker and perhaps a winger or centre midfielder.

User avatar
TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump
Posts: 11478
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by TJR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Got decent squad depth for a 3-5-2 formation now.

GK: Dubravka / Woodman
CB: Schar / Lascelles
CB: Fernandez / Clark
CB: Lejeune / Dummett
RWB: Yedlin / Manquillo
CM: Ki / Shelvey
CM: Diame / Hayden
CM: Longstaff / Atsu
LWB: Ritchie / Barreca
N10: Almiron / Perez
CF: Rondon / Joselu

With also the likes of Darlow, Elliott, Kenedy and Muto knocking about as well.

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm

TJR wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:39 pm
Got decent squad depth for a 3-5-2 formation now.

GK: Dubravka / Woodman
CB: Schar / Lascelles
CB: Fernandez / Clark
CB: Lejeune / Dummett
RWB: Yedlin / Manquillo
CM: Ki / Shelvey
CM: Diame / Hayden
CM: Longstaff / Atsu
LWB: Ritchie / Barreca
N10: Almiron / Perez
CF: Rondon / Joselu

With also the likes of Darlow, Elliott, Kenedy and Muto knocking about as well.
We play 3-4-2-1 though.

User avatar
originallad
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by originallad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Luque wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:34 pm
originallad wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm
Yeah we're definitely done for today. Attacking midfielder and left back sorted though so I'm happy. Another signing would have been nice but i'd have taken our win over City over a 3rd signing any day.
You say that as if they're linked... why is it a choice between those two? We still need a striker and perhaps a winger or centre midfielder.
I'm just saying if it was hypothetical choice I would have picked the win over City over a 3rd signing. It's lifted the players no end and is a possible spring board to really move away from the relegation zone.

Post Reply