Match thread - Wolves v Toon

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Match thread - Wolves v Toon

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 pm
People blaming Dubravka can actually **** off, have no time for people like that. He's won us so many points this season.
He's won us far more points than he's cost us, and is clearly a better keeper than we've had for ages, but taking the mentality that he can be praised when he does well but isn't allowed to be criticised when he makes a mistake seems a little odd.

I consider myself to be pretty good at my job, but I'm also aware I have some days that are utter stinkers!
There is no sin except stupidity.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Ramone wrote:
People blaming Dubravka can actually f*** off, have no time for people like that. He's won us so many points this season.
This. 6th in saves, 2nd in high claims, 8th in punches. The guy is damn busy, and has made a lot of huge saves when it mattered.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Hard to catch a ball when you have two arms on your face

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Ramone wrote:
People blaming Dubravka can actually **** off, have no time for people like that. He's won us so many points this season.
This. He's a great keeper and pulled us out the s*** more than a couple of times. Unfortunately he's had two glaring errors one after the other, that's how it goes some times. As someone else mentioned, most of us would've took a draw before the game. Feels like a loss but a point is a point.

Smash Huddersfield and Burnley and we'll be looking good.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm

keepers clearly soft if people think he's blameless. what a snowflake dubravka is.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm
Ramone wrote:
He's won us far more points than he's cost us, and is clearly a better keeper than we've had for ages, but taking the mentality that he can be praised when he does well but isn't allowed to be criticised when he makes a mistake seems a little odd.

I consider myself to be pretty good at my job, but I'm also aware I have some days that are utter stinkers!
Yeah but you can f*** off hha
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Luque wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm
keepers clearly soft if people think he's blameless. what a snowflake dubravka is.
"Snowflake" is the stupidest and most overused word of this decade.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm
Chappy wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 pm
What's the point of the officials saying "4 minutes added on" if the ref is just gonna let the clock run for 5/6 minutes? f***ing joke and robbed us of 3 vital points. Rafa has every right to be fuming.
It literally says "a minimum of..." twice every game.
Aye may as well play on for another half hour then eh.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Looking at the replays his hands are around the keepers head... Many refs would have given a foul
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Gutted after that but overall thought we played well.

Rondon showed exactly why he is better for the team then Mitrovic

Longstaff was immense again

Lascelles done well

Almiron looks a real go getter not afraid to make runs give him a few games and he'll click with Rondon and Perez.

Dubravka had a mare and the end there, should have done better, I will say you have seen frees given though

Another in some way positive I've had taken a point from this game beforehand
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Luque wrote:
What the bloody hell are you on about?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Ramone wrote:

Doesn't really matter though. If a striker won you 10 games at the start of the season then had a string of games where he did f*** all... does he stay in the team? Nar. It's about form. Can't continuously say he's done this and that in 2018 when it's 2019 now and he's f***ed 3 games for us out of 7 premier league games.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Chappy wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Colly wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm

It literally says "a minimum of..." twice every game.
Aye may as well play on for another half hour then eh.
<erm>

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Luque wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Doesn't really matter though. If a striker won you 10 games at the start of the season then had a string of games where he did f*** all... does he stay in the team? Nar. It's about form. Can't continuously say he's done this and that in 2018 when it's 2019 now and he's f***ed 3 games for us out of 7 premier league games.
So tedious. We get it you don't like Dubravka

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
I thought it was a foul on Almirón beforehand... but looking at the replays that looks like a foul on Dubravka tbh.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Acknowledging the keeper made a mistake is not "having a go at the keeper". Some perspective needed here. He is still the best keeper we've got and has earned us many more points than his mistakes may have cost us.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Heisen wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 pm
Officials f***ed us there mind. Missed an obvious foul on Almiron in injury time and they scored on 94:45. Ridiculous.
This. It's sheer heartbreak could have been a massive 3 points. Let's not look at the negatives so much though as performance wise we were excellent. Gameplan worked to near enough perfection. I'm not a fan of Hayden but credit were credit he's been good lately and I liked how he had license to make more attacking runs which confused and baffled Wolves back three as they already had occupy Rondon, Perez & Atsu. Longstaff was MOTM all day long, the best midfielder on the pitch today did everything right. Broke up play, composed on the ball, kept things ticking with his passing and positioning. The more impressive thing he was up against 3 quality and more experienced central midfielders in Neves, Moutinho and Deackoer. Injuries to Diame, Shevely and Ki have been a blessing in disguise, if he keeps developing and progressing he'll be a real player for us in the future. His games so simple but effective. Another positive was Almiron looks like he could be a cracking player for us, looks fast, confident on the ball and nearly had an assist when he crossed it in for Perez. For me I'll have him starting in the next game instead of Atsu. We've had three tough games and to get 4 points out of them is still a very good return and if it wasn't for one goalkeeping error and a debatable second error / bad officiating we could have come out with more. We have two big games at home that will decide our fate and if we won both of them we will be on 31 points which will practically mean we'll only need a few draws and one more win after that to be practically safe, I think with 35 - 36 points should be enough for safety this season.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 pm

dubravcan't
dubravcatch

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Can’t see how anyone is complaining about the time the goal was scored. The Manquillo sub was about 45 seconds long so the ref is entitled to add it on. Have to be honest, on first replay it didn’t look a foul but the more I see it the more I think the ref got it wrong.