Weekend Football 22-24 Feb & Midweek 26-27 Feb

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Weekend Football 22-24 Feb

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Wow, Man U have 3 players off injured in the first half! Has that ever happened?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Think Rashford is injured as well.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Yeah he’s struggling!

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:03 pm
Yeah he’s struggling!

Was there for that s****. Dummett OG looping header over Alnwick was bloody special like. All happened in slow motion. Worst 3 3 ever.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Man U v Liverpool was s*** and Man C v Chelsea has been s*** so far.

Maybe they should exclude any team that qualifies for Europe from the League Cup the following season? Let’s face it most of the top six aren’t that bothered about it anyway nor do they want the extra games. The other teams contesting it would value a league cup win far more than any of the top six plus it would give a different team a route to Europe and a chance to progress. Obviously won’t happen but wouldn’t be the worst thing.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm

f*** me what a s*** afternoon of football it has been!

This cup final is that s*** nobody should win.

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Penalty shoots in Chelsea-Mancheester

(And stupid Kepa moment)
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:10 pm

What a prick Kepa is. Sarri every right to be pissed off. I’d drop him for the rest of the season.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:17 pm

f***ing outrageous Hazard...

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Absolutely s**** football today

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:10 pm
What a prick Kepa is. Sarri every right to be pissed off. I’d drop him for the rest of the season.
If Sarri makes it past Monday...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:54 pm

ALF wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
True!

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
its disgraceful how the players are treating him

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
+1
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 pm
Mitro and Rondon are similar, but Mitro doesnt come close to Rondon in terms of attitude and hard work, which is something most overlook when this debate comes up.
Late to commenting on this, but Mitro has never lacked in hard work, whether with us, Serbia or Fulham. He's very impactful defending in his own end, especially set pieces, chases opposing players plenty in the attacking end, and works really hard during hold up play. That isn't to say Rondon doesn't work hard, because I completely agree he wears himself into the ground running around as the lone player up top - if anything I wish he'd expel a little less energy on that stuff so he didn't look so gassed late in the halves.

Now, discipline is another matter, and potentially attitude on the training pitch.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I know a player should show more respect to his manager, but if a manager wants to yank you off for being injured after 115 minutes, and you're not injured, I can understand trying to plead the case to stay on. I mean, any other sport and if you're injured the player and manager would discuss it - the entire circumstance of the situation felt weird.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:47 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I know a player should show more respect to his manager, but if a manager wants to yank you off for being injured after 115 minutes, and you're not injured, I can understand trying to plead the case to stay on. I mean, any other sport and if you're injured the player and manager would discuss it - the entire circumstance of the situation felt weird.
He'd gone down twice though so clearly wasn't in the best shape to be facing penalties (and Caballero on the bench has a relatively good reputation for saving them). It's a team sport and ultimately you might not like the decisions but you save your misunderstandings or arguments for in the changing room IMO. From the moment all that happened it was clear that only one team were winning the shootout as Kepa / Chelsea effectively heaped every ounce of pressure onto themselves.

It's a bit of a shame for Chelsea as up until then they'd handled themselves and City pretty well from a defensive point of view and appeared to be playing for each other. Then that happened and it just showed all the fractures and weaknesses in the squad. As has been said in the media, a strong captain would have sorted it out but Azpi didn't do anything.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:47 pm

He'd gone down twice though so clearly wasn't in the best shape to be facing penalties (and Caballero on the bench has a relatively good reputation for saving them). It's a team sport and ultimately you might not like the decisions but you save your misunderstandings or arguments for in the changing room IMO. From the moment all that happened it was clear that only one team were winning the shootout as Kepa / Chelsea effectively heaped every ounce of pressure onto themselves.

It's a bit of a shame for Chelsea as up until then they'd handled themselves and City pretty well from a defensive point of view and appeared to be playing for each other. Then that happened and it just showed all the fractures and weaknesses in the squad. As has been said in the media, a strong captain would have sorted it out but Azpi didn't do anything.
Definitely. I think everyone handled it terribly. Kepa shouldn't have waved it all away, Sarri shouldn't have just sat in his seat shouting and gesticulating, Cesar should have shown some leadership. It all could have been avoided had the manager, keeper and trainer maybe actually talked to one another.

Again, I get that Kepa should have just done as told, but I do think a keeper injury sub is a little different than the usual substitution situation, and for as much as the team seem to be quitting on Sarri, he's obviously not doing enough to build trust and loyalty either.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 pm

It’s the sort of thing that you’d expect to happen with us in the past <laugh>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 pm
It’s the sort of thing that you’d expect to happen with us in the past <laugh>
Nah we'd get physical