Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Lovely article on Perez

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm
Speedo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 am

Everybody should read this article. I have had mixed feelings on Pérez, he’s persuaded me recently, and this article quantifies why. Yes he has some limitations, but he’s so critical to how we play - in terms of chances created and tracking back. Any limitations he has - and he does have them - are more a reflection of where we are as a club vs. of him. Along with Dubravka, Rondon, Ritchie, Schär/Lejeune and now Almiron, he is utterly critical to what we do and how we play.
This probably reflects my feelings best too. I've never, ever questioned his effort, I've often just thought he wasn't best suited for the role he was in, or more specifically, the squad has needed a CAM that would influence play and his teammates more that he's suited to. It wasn't his fault the side has had that void for most of his time with us - and I think Almiron's impact on attacking play and his teammates' performance has demonstrated that.
Yep, that sums it up nicely.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 am

I see Perez has said he's open to a move, wonder how the opinions of fans who constantly slate him will change after this? probably say he's ungrateful and complain about his lack of loyalty

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:31 am

Beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 am
I see Perez has said he's open to a move, wonder how the opinions of fans who constantly slate him will change after this? probably say he's ungrateful and complain about his lack of loyalty
Surely fans who continually slate him wouldn’t be that botherered.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:44 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:31 am
Beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 am
Surely fans who continually slate him wouldn’t be that botherered.
You'd think that, but there's always the shitbags who want things both ways

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 am

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:05 am

He's more suited to playing wide in a Benitez team than as a CAM that isn't a CAM. Realistically our 4-2-3-1 formation that we played previously had 2 DM's and a CM in it.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 am

Saw on Twitter Saturday afternoon that someone put up a photo of two miserable looking gits standing arms folded after goal 3 .. it was a show and shame on social media for these two fellas who've sat in front of him all season and apparently have given Perez not stop abuse, to the point where they refused to celebrate his hatrick !!! I cannot fathom how someone who calls themselves a supporter could not celebrate a player of their team scoring a hatrick at home, never mind one that secures Premier League the following season .. why would you spend good money on a season ticket to turn up each week with an attitude like that ? I know some people don't rate him, but refusing to acknowledge a hatrick ? C'mon ... These wren't kids either. Proper muppets.

We've had our fair share of donkeys that've made peoples hearts sink when they're announced on the team sheet, but has anyone reallyever hated a NUFC player so much they refused to celebrate when they scored ? Just seems bizzare !
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 am
Saw on Twitter Saturday afternoon that someone put up a photo of two miserable looking gits standing arms folded after goal 3 .. it was a show and shame on social media for these two fellas who've sat in front of him all season and apparently have given Perez not stop abuse,
Doesnt he post on here? I remember seeing posts about sitting in front of two guys who just constantly grief Perez

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 pm

That's me, but I think half the ground sit in front of two guys who grief Perez. Ground full of fuckwits.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 pm
That's me, but I think half the ground sit in front of two guys who grief Perez. Ground full of fuckwits.

<laugh> good point