Rondon
68%

Total votes: 25

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Re: Rondon or Mitrovic

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Rondon has fitted better because he has been allowed to fit into the team. I really liked Mitro and he clearly loved the club. Its a shame he didnt get a chance with Rafa. Saying that tho, Im quite happy with Rondon although I doubt he will ever be prolific - we could do with them both tbh

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:48 pm

I think they've both proved they're PL starting quality strikers. To answer this question I have to keep in mind who the manager is, and with Rafa it's going to be Rondon over Mitro.

This isn't even my opinion, it's Mitro's: https://talksport.com/football/438147/n ... ez-fulham/
Aleksandar Mitrovic admits he and Rafa Benitez never suited one another tactically, leading him to force a move away from Newcastle United.
I didn’t suit his tactics and I didn’t really feel comfortable to play, so he couldn’t get the best out of me. But it is nothing personal – just business
On top of that, although at this point we've scored more goals than Fulham (31 to 30) that's mostly due to their awful dip in form since February (just 5 goals since, compared to our 10). Their attacking approach overall is much more liberal than ours (their league-worst defense is what's getting them relegated) and it's a bit concerning that Mitro has only scored in one game so far in 2019.

Rondon on the other hand (as lassassinblanc already noted), has a better goals/start ratio this season and leads the team not just in goals but also assists.

If you project flipping them, would Rondon still have the same stats/impact if he had been with Fulham this season? I think so. Would Mitro still have the same stats/impact if he had been with us this season? I'm not so sure.

I think about this RE: Rondon at WBA too. He suffered through Pulis and the aftermath for 3 seasons there. This season in the Championship they've had a much more attacking approach (they're the 2nd-highest scoring team behind Norwich, who are at this point all but promoted). Would Rondon have been able to get the 18 goals and 2 assists Gayle has gotten there so far? I absolutely believe so.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:24 pm

I think it's really hard to compare us and Fulham and project who would do better were the roles reversed. Yes, for the first half of the season they were more attacking, but there were also far more options in their side seeking to score, wherein we've relied heavily on Rondon being the target man and only real goal threat. I'm not saying that as evidence for Mitro, but rather that I don't think it's fair to assume the situation was easier for him - or better positioned for him to score more.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Rondon is a better free kick taker.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Don't get points for hitting the bar...

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 pm
Don't get points for hitting the bar...
You do on the crossbar challenge
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Apparently Mitro should have been sent off for an elbow to Ake’s face today.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Clever foul there.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:32 am

Even though it won't happen, the more I think about it the more I would want Mitrovic returning if one Rondon doesn't sign and two Rafa doesn't stay. Still young with great potential and is always a threat, I think he'll work well with the improved Perez and Miggy around him.