Match thread FNF live - Leicester v NUFC

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match thread FNF live - Leicester v NUFC

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:44 pm
Leicester City completed 649 passes in this match, their highest total in a Premier League game since 2003-04 (when Opta began recording this data); indeed, three of their four highest successful pass tallies in this time in the division have been recorded in their six fixtures under Brendan Rodgers.
Leicester going sideways, back, sideways, back. They're not making any progress.
Some might say typical Rodgers.
I remember a game when we played Swansea at the liberty stadium probably around 2010/11, they absolutely dominated possession (around 75/25) but literally spent most of the game passing it sideways in their own half and we won either 1-0 or 2-0 with Cisse scoring. Rodgers was in charge then too. That’s why I don’t pay too much attention to possession stats, what you do when you have the ball is what counts.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 pm
What was this tweet?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 pm
What was this tweet?
Rafa’s interview after the game, not sure why it’s saying loading...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Just watched the game on delay. Great goal, excellent performance. I love Miggy’s desire and attitude - I think once he’s scored one he’ll score a bunch.

And Rafa sounding positive-ish in post match pressers. Fingers crossed.
I had the first custom w***

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm
Tsi wrote:

What was this tweet?
ahh ok funnily enough just watched it on sky.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 pm
Tsi wrote:
Leicester City completed 649 passes in this match, their highest total in a Premier League game since 2003-04 (when Opta began recording this data); indeed, three of their four highest successful pass tallies in this time in the division have been recorded in their six fixtures under Brendan Rodgers.

I remember a game when we played Swansea at the liberty stadium probably around 2010/11, they absolutely dominated possession (around 75/25) but literally spent most of the game passing it sideways in their own half and we won either 1-0 or 2-0 with Cisse scoring. Rodgers was in charge then too. That’s why I don’t pay too much attention to possession stats, what you do when you have the ball is what counts.
https://www.nufc.com/html/2011-12html/2 ... sea-a.html

Yep, I can't remember a single part of that game when we were under any threat. Weird one.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tsi wrote:

I remember that game. Cisse scored two. And I think it was the second where he fell over and still scored. Great game. Loved that season. f*** Pardew tho haha
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:20 am

Just ideal ! Big big boost of positivity all round tonight
Friday night football when you win is just the dogs...
Bask all weekend knowing you've done your bit , watching the stress on others.
Love how Rafa owned Brendan tonight.
Cannot wait for next week v Southampton .............and an Almiron goal. Yup, I'm that positive I'd bet on it.
HTL
Clydeside & Tyneside

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:35 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tsi wrote:

This is a running theme with Rodgers, he builds teams on possession football but then doesn't really know what to do after, sure the stats look pretty but it isn't really effective, they usually end up defensively poor too, he's very overrated imo.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm
Tsi wrote:

What was this tweet?
I guess twitter decided to change things again. Tried updating our media embedder but that breaks posting altgother, will have a proper look at some point <fist>

The tweet was deleted click

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Perez was great, but I still find myself getting really frustrated with him, it's the way he can switch from brilliant to awful in games, he will do something great in a position where we don't get loads of advantage from it but puts us in a good position, then he will be really sloppy when doing simpler things in a position where we can really punish the opposition, he seems to have a knack for that. Tonight a couple of times Almiron could have had a good chance to tuck one away but Perez seemed to stifle the play by randomly poor balls/quality.

In the grand scheme he was the best player on the pitch though, just always feel he's capable of much more.
That's the type of player that frustrates fans most, the kind capable of great moments but incapable of delivering them consistently. Consistently mediocre players take so much less stick.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am

That's the curse of creative players though, sometimes it just isn't going to happen. Eden Hazard tends to have a bad season every 3 years or so, and Perez cost a hell of a lot less than that.

I can't remember many occasions where Perez did that Friday though, the only stuttery bits were that one where Rondon just hung offside for ages, and if we're being harsh that fluffed volley where Almiron was lurking, though I don't think there was a shout. For all his work rate it's clear Almiron is still adjusting to the league and Perez has been far better since his arrival.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 am

Colly wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am
That's the curse of creative players though, sometimes it just isn't going to happen. Eden Hazard tends to have a bad season every 3 years or so, and Perez cost a hell of a lot less than that.

I can't remember many occasions where Perez did that Friday though, the only stuttery bits were that one where Rondon just hung offside for ages, and if we're being harsh that fluffed volley where Almiron was lurking, though I don't think there was a shout. For all his work rate it's clear Almiron is still adjusting to the league and Perez has been far better since his arrival.
Hazard has his bad spell / season when he wants the manager to get fired.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 am

<ayo>

Ayoze. <awe>

We're safe. Another season in the Premier League. Well done, Rafa. <applause>