Atsu
4%

Total votes: 26

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Second best value player in squad

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:02 am

At 1.5m Perez is imo our best value signing. But who do you think is second best?

Values according to transfermarkt

Dubravka 3.6
Lejeune 9m
Schar 3.6m
Lascelles 4.5m
Hayden 2.6m
Ritchie 10.8m

Personally I thinknits Ritchie. The goals he gave us early on were crucial in survival and his work rate is immense. Schar has been great but its early yet.

I'm guessing I don't need to look up values for yedli, atsu, shelvey diama and joselu
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Second best value player in squad

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:21 am

Surely you should put Perez on the list and see if people agree or differ to your view?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:59 am

I went for Dubravka. He's had a couple of clangers but he's won a lot more than he's lost for us. Established as a top half keeper, vastly better than the options most of the clubs around us have.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:21 am
Surely you should put Perez on the list and see if people agree or differ to your view?
This is not a democracy <fist>

Honestly thought most would agree. One of few players to come we'll out of relegation season. Big in championship and contributions since then for 1.5m
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:16 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:21 am
This is not a democracy <fist>

Honestly thought most would agree. One of few players to come we'll out of relegation season. Big in championship and contributions since then for 1.5m
Funny how a month ago a large group of people were calling him s***....

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:26 pm

I maintain my original opinion on Perez. Undoubtedly a top player for us at times, but often goes missing. He’s on a great run of form at the moment so hopefully that continues. The talent has always been there, the consistency hasn’t.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Went for Dubravka. He's better than the price we paid for him, whereas Ritchie's just living up to his price

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:43 pm

I went Lascelles, his influence on and off the pitch has been immense for a couple of seasons now. He’s still young for a CB (and as a captain) and considering he had no PL experience when we signed him I think he’s been superb. Conceding goals hasn’t really been our issue since being back in the PL, in no small part down to him.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:43 pm
I went Lascelles, his influence on and off the pitch has been immense for a couple of seasons now. He’s still young for a CB (and as a captain) and considering he had no PL experience when we signed him I think he’s been superb. Conceding goals hasn’t really been our issue since being back in the PL, in no small part down to him.
My thoughts precisely <ok>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 pm

Torn between Lascelles and Dubravka. Dub has had a good season where as Las has been avg at best.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 am

Was a toss up between Dubravka and Schär. Went with Dubravka. He's kept us in games and virtually won points on his own.

But Schär at 3.5m was a f***ing steal. He's a class. I hope we keep hold of him.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:43 am

Good point on Lascelles. I've changed my vote

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am

I went for Hayden, arguably our Player Of The Season.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Toss up between Duba and Schar. Duba's could easliy be worth triple the money we paid for him now or even more, quality composed and calm keeper' with fantastic shot stopping. Outside of the top 6 who has a better goalkeeper? Maybe Schemichal or Rui Patricio but can't think of many more who I'll take over Duba. Yes he's made a couple of mistakes but how many points has he saved us from with some crucial saves and how many goals has he assisted or played a part in through his distribution of the ball? Class act. Schar just ozzs quality all around not only defensively he's composed and calm but his technical ability is immense for a CB that's why he could easily play as a defensive midfielder or box-to-box with his touch, passing, dribbling and shooting ability. Two of his goals against Cardiff & Burnley have to be our best goals of the season. Absolute steal at 3.6 mil. Him, Lascelles and Lejune are all top, top defenders and I wouldn't say there's much difference in quality between them all but I'll say Schar's definitely the most technically gifted out of the three.

a big shout shout to Hayden who's proven his quality this season and contributed a lot to our Championship season at that 2.6 mil price tag he's gone under the rader but has potential and still only 23 he can only improve. His tackling, industry, work-rate and aggressive pressure since he came into the team alongside Longstaff has been excellent. He's really been our engine in the middle of the park, may not be the most technically gifted or the best passer but he does what he does well which is tackle, defend and break-up play.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Hayden definitely gets big credit. He was hoping to move for family reasons which is 100% fair enough, but when a move didn’t materialise he didn’t sulk, act like a brat (Yohan Cabaye take note) or down tools, he actually applied himself and has been outstanding. Chances are he’ll go in summer and every single Newcastle fan will wish him well on his way for his contribution to the club, his professionalism and for being a decent bloke. Hopefully Longstaff will come back in the same form as he left off, because losing Hayden in this form will leave a hole in the team.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:11 pm
Toss up between Duba and Schar. Duba's could easliy be worth triple the money we paid for him now or even more, quality composed and calm keeper' with fantastic shot stopping. Outside of the top 6 who has a better goalkeeper? Maybe Schemichal or Rui Patricio but can't think of many more who I'll take over Duba. Yes he's made a couple of mistakes but how many points has he saved us from with some crucial saves and how many goals has he assisted or played a part in through his distribution of the ball? Class act. Schar just ozzs quality all around not only defensively he's composed and calm but his technical ability is immense for a CB that's why he could easily play as a defensive midfielder or box-to-box with his touch, passing, dribbling and shooting ability. Two of his goals against Cardiff & Burnley have to be our best goals of the season. Absolute steal at 3.6 mil. Him, Lascelles and Lejune are all top, top defenders and I wouldn't say there's much difference in quality between them all but I'll say Schar's definitely the most technically gifted out of the three.

a big shout shout to Hayden who's proven his quality this season and contributed a lot to our Championship season at that 2.6 mil price tag he's gone under the rader but has potential and still only 23 he can only improve. His tackling, industry, work-rate and aggressive pressure since he came into the team alongside Longstaff has been excellent. He's really been our engine in the middle of the park, may not be the most technically gifted or the best passer but he does what he does well which is tackle, defend and break-up play.
You say that about Hayden but he still has 4 assists and a goal this season.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:25 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am
I went for Hayden, arguably our Player Of The Season.
Same, not sure about player of the season but he has been class. Given the difficult circumstances he's had off the pitch as well, it's really impressive how consistent he's been.

Everyone should read this, explains a lot about what's been going on behind the scenes: https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/bi ... aac-hayden
REQUIEM

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:23 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:11 pm

You say that about Hayden but he still has 4 assists and a goal this season.
True. Thanks for reminding me. Never thought of Hayden as being ''creative'' but yes even that little stats adds more value to my post he can assist and has a goal.. was it against Wolves right if I remember correctly? If I had one criticism of Hayden it'll be he always tends to play the ''safe'' pass which is when he collects the ball he passes it either backwards or sideways rather than look to drive forward or pick out a forward pass which is fine though as that's something he can improve with age, experience and coaching, plus that's not really his responsibility that's more of Longstaff / Ki / Shevely's duties a the creators and forward thinkers. Him and Diame are there to be defensive mids / destroyers / holding mids so can't really say too much of his passing or creativity when he's role's more defensive.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Come on now, who voted Atsu.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 am

Went for Dubravka, as in terms of the price we paid for him, he'd be at least double figures now and he probably should have been.

Schar has a bargain too, I'd also say that Lejuene has been a great signing and has been key in our recent good form alongside Schar adn i'm actually surprised no one has voted for him.
I'll Hazard a guess