NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:22 pm
Ah apologies, I misread your first post as "why don't they go elsewhere on a pay as you play deal" rather than stay and do so.
Tbf it was a bit of an incoherent ramble that I wrote while being in bed ill all day <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 am

Che Adams from Birmingham linked today €15m valuation which I doubt we'd go for though we did spend 12m on Murphy so you never know.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:50 am

He is young (22) so not too unlikely I guess, decent scoring record this season (1 in 2).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:14 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:50 am
He is young (22) so not too unlikely I guess, decent scoring record this season (1 in 2).
Yeah exactly this. Would be our sort of signing especially if we don't get Rondon in. Young, English, under 25 and potential to cost double or triple the reported £15 mil fee so has a great resale value (sounds like a Mike Ashely signing to me) and he has 22 goals in 45 apps. He sure knows were the back of the net is and from a couple of clips that I've seen of him he looks pacey and powerful. Give them £10 mil + Joselu <whistle>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am

Not sure if there's much point buying a championship striker when we already have Gayle on the books. I know there's the age and potential and that, but I don't see this as likely. Or having much point.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:52 am

CIH wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am
Not sure if there's much point buying a championship striker when we already have Gayle on the books. I know there's the age and potential and that, but I don't see this as likely. Or having much point.
Good point. Gayle's 28 and entering his peak years now so will be interesting to see if he comes back into the fold or we use him as a bait to get Rondon. At the end of the day though we need depth in our attacking areas and apart from Rondon as our starting CF when you look on the bench we don't really have any other striker apart from Muto who I see can change the game so having Che Adams there instead of someone like Joselu on the bench makes a difference. Rondon, Che Adams & Muto/Gayle as our forward options would be good to have. Get rid of Joselu simply not good enough.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:54 am

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:52 am
CIH wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am
Good point. Gayle's 28 and entering his peak years now so will be interesting to see if he comes back into the fold or we use him as a bait to get Rondon. At the end of the day though we need depth in our attacking areas and apart from Rondon on the bench we don't really have any other striker apart from Muto who see can change the game so having Che Adams there instead of someone like Joselu on the bench makes a difference. Rondon, Che Adams & Muto/Gayle as our forward options would be good to have. Get rid of Joselu simply not good enough.
That actually sounds decent to be fair, we definitely need an upgrade on Joselu. I'm not personally convinced we'll sign Rondon, even though we should. Don't think Ashley will shell out the cost for someone of his age. Using Gayle as bait to reduce any transfer fees as you rightly mentioend could work. Would hinge on WBA failing to get promotion via the playoffs. Also seen links of us using Gayle as bait for Cairney from Fulham as well.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

I think that wether Rafa is here or not, Joselu’s time at the club is over thankfully. He always gave his all but he’s just s*** <laugh>

Even Rafa who stuck buy him last season and early this season doesn’t even include him in the squad now.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm
I think that wether Rafa is here or not, Joselu’s time at the club is over thankfully. He always gave his all but he’s just s*** <laugh>

Even Rafa who stuck buy him last season and early this season doesn’t even include him in the squad now.
Agreed. And I really don't expect Gayle to stay with the club either. Once Rafa decides he doesn't want or trust you, there doesn't seem to be coming back. Even if Rafa were to go, I'd suspect the club would rather get value for him now rather than wait until he's older and worth less.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Agreed. And I really don't expect Gayle to stay with the club either. Once Rafa decides he doesn't want or trust you, there doesn't seem to be coming back. Even if Rafa were to go, I'd suspect the club would rather get value for him now rather than wait until he's older and worth less.
I’m sure that one of the relegated clubs would pay up to £15m for Gayle, he pretty much guarantees you 20 goals a season at that level.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm

I’m sure that one of the relegated clubs would pay up to £15m for Gayle, he pretty much guarantees you 20 goals a season at that level.
Cash and player swap with Fulham for Ryan Saucisson.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Diame linked with a move to Leeds
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Thorgan Hazard is off to Dortmund...

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:54 pm
Thorgan Hazard is off to Dortmund...
<fist>
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 am

Rondon has come out and said the club should forget about his age and sign him. Said he is only getting better with age. Having his best prem season under us so may have a point. Also said that he loves it up here and his family are settled.

Promising but I'm pessimistic that we'll spend that kind of cash on a 30 year old. Seems to hold Benitez in high regard as well, unsurprisingly.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 07, 2019 7:30 am

Linked with Rafa Silva from Benfica. His agent has stated we are one the clubs interested in him (Only one he name checked)
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 07, 2019 7:30 am

CIH wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 am
Rondon has come out and said the club should forget about his age and sign him. Said he is only getting better with age. Having his best prem season under us so may have a point. Also said that he loves it up here and his family are settled.

Promising but I'm pessimistic that we'll spend that kind of cash on a 30 year old. Seems to hold Benitez in high regard as well, unsurprisingly.
Rafa should just use his own money to buy him
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:30 am
CIH wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 am

Rafa should just use his own money to buy him
<Laugh>

Don't know anything about this Rafa Silva. Hopefully the club aren't planning to just keep us at a 1 Rafa quota.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 am

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... op-leagues

Article on players out of contract this season. Would anybody take a punt on any of them? There's some quality in there with Mata, Rabiot, Herrera, Ribery, Robben, Dani Alves, Luiz, Kompany and Milner but they'll have better offers elsewhere. Would anyone take Sturridge, Welbeck, Llorente, Carroll, Babel, Santi Cazorla or Baloteli? even though all of them have issues in terms of injuries / attitude / disciplinary / age problems? if we're going for someone older we might aswell just spend the £16 million that's needed to buy Rondon who looks to be in his prime and has a couple more good seasons in him. One player who I would take for the RWB position who would suit us in Benitez's current system would be Antonio Valencia who still has great energy, good pass, defensively solid, can cross, vast experience and has a high work-rate plus he's Spanish speaking so wouldn't have a problem gelling / settling into the team. He may be 33 and probably only has 1/2 more seasons at this level but on reasonable wages I'll take him as he can cover the whole right-hand side of the field. Rumored he's off to Inter Milan though last heard. There's a player on that list who's a Liverpool left-back from Spain.. sound familiar right? No I'm not talking about Manquillo either but Alberto Moreno who may be suspect defensively but his attacking prowess is there plus he would be a much more natural LWB option than Ritchie. Those two positions we need improving on and I don't know if Yedelin/Manquillo/Ritchie are the answers even though Ritchie's done quite well in that role it would be good to have another option/competition for him in that role.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 am

Moreno probably wouldn't be a bad shout on a free depending what his demands would be. Be a decent option, in a position that definitely needs strengthening. I don't think Valencia would be viable although not exactly worse than what we have. Would love have Milner back, great player.