Premier League Title Deciders

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Premier League Title Deciders

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Love them or hate them, it’s been great seeing City being challenged all the way to the end this season. 3 games left in the title run-in.

Man C v Leicester (tonight)

Liverpool v Wolves
Brighton v Man C

I’d actually like to see City drop points tonight as it’ll make the final day more interesting for the neutral. I can’t see them not beating Brighton on Sunday. Shouldn’t forget wolves, they’re very capable of troubling Liverpool.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: Premier League Title Deciders

Post by Tsi » Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Man City's to lose now and like you say i can't see them losing to Brighton.
I'm not a fan of either of these teams but they have been miles ahead of everyone else and played some fantastic football at times.
Whoever wins it will be worthy winners it's just crazy that a team which could end up with 97 points might not win it <laugh>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon May 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Tsi wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Man City's to lose now and like you say i can't see them losing to Brighton.
I'm not a fan of either of these teams but they have been miles ahead of everyone else and played some fantastic football at times.
Whoever wins it will be worthy winners it's just crazy that a team which could end up with 97 points might not win it <laugh>
It's absolutely lovely 😍😍

Saying that though, aside from city, liverpoo, wolves and Watford, it's been an absolute s**** season for football. From 3-6 has been absolutely dire

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 pm

They’ve ground out the last couple of results, think they’ll do the same v Brighton. To likely get 198 points in 2 seasons is incredible.

Can’t see Liverpool getting this many points next season. They’ve been great at times, but the amount of offside goals and soft penalties they’ve had this season will be wiped out by VAR next season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 pm
They’ve ground out the last couple of results, think they’ll do the same v Brighton. To likely get 198 points in 2 seasons is incredible.

Can’t see Liverpool getting this many points next season. They’ve been great at times, but the amount of offside goals and soft penalties they’ve had this season will be wiped out by VAR next season.
If City win it then it's all down to the scousers dropping those points start of the year, hopefully the top sides pick away at their side in the summer and they get back in their box as I've got training to do in Liverpool September/October <whistle> .

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Not PL, but wow Liverpool! They deserve to win the CL this season tbf.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue May 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Football is really silly isn't it.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 am

Great result for the scousers but I really hope they lose the league and CL. I was praying for a last minute Barca goal

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 am

I think Ajax and Liverpool will both be worthy winners of the CL, I'd rather either of those won it over Spurs. Not sure how Poch has been shortlisted for Manager of the Year given that Spurs have lost 1/3 of their league games this season!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 am
I think Ajax and Liverpool will both be worthy winners of the CL, I'd rather either of those won it over Spurs. Not sure how Poch has been shortlisted for Manager of the Year given that Spurs have lost 1/3 of their league games this season!
Fair play to Spurs. Very few thought they'd get this far in the CL let alone make it out the group stages and lets not forget that until the end of January they were the only team liable to challenge the current top 2 for the league title.

I do think too much is made that they were at Wembley for an over extended period and this seems to be the reason why pundits rate him as a manager of the year.

Spurs had become used to Wembley in the end given they'd played there for quite a long time, they still had large vociferous crowds and the whole 'challenging situation' is overblown to give added kudos.

With possible added players and transfers you could state that perhaps their title challenge could have lasted longer but whose to say that any new players would have boosted that squad to continue.

I think it was actually to their advantage that they've been forced to name a consistent squad and you could see that in the CL. Every player available knew their role and job.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu May 09, 2019 5:50 pm

I think that last part does them a disservice really given that they were short Kane, and the tie was utterly turned by the tactical switch that Llorente brought.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Spurs are going to get mauled 4-0 easily

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 am

krully wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Spurs are going to get mauled 4-0 easily
That's what some people thought when they played Man city who they lost both prem games 1-0.Narrowly lost to Liverpool both times in the league 2-1 so i can't see them getting mauled.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am

Yeah I think it’ll be close but Liverpool will win 2-0/2-1 for me.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun May 12, 2019 1:32 pm

I think Liverpool will win their match handily and city will win in the last 10 minutes after making a complete pigs ear of it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Liverpool top as it stands...

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

City top as it stands
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

City top as it stands...

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm

3-1 city

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm

City certain champions with that goal