Married to Scouse family.

Work with Spurs fans.

Life will be intolerable.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Anyone but Liverpool?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Top level teams are so used to playing opposition that sit back they can't defend when teams come at them. It's mad.
Also having full backs as primarily offensive means defending is afterthought
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Safe to say Spurs won’t be in the final! Ajax v Liverpool will be a far better game.
This aged well.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 pm

So can u imagine all British finals in Europe league and champions league...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:02 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Safe to say Spurs won’t be in the final! Ajax v Liverpool will be a far better game.
<whistle>
Knew spurs would come back :bandit:
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed May 08, 2019 9:11 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 pm
Married to Scouse family.

Work with Spurs fans.

Life will be intolerable.
Move and don't tell anyone. change you're name and grow a mustache. Or shave it off. Delete as applicable.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Two English teams in the final! Been a long time

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Hjl wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 pm
Two English teams in the final! Been a long time
And possibly in the Europa too!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 pm

krully wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:11 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 pm

The success of the top Spanish clubs in the Champions League for the past decade suggests otherwise. And sure, I agree we'd consistently be mid-table there, but the suggestion that Barcelona is trash is such a hot take.
Take Messi out and they're sub top 6 in the prem, shockingly devoid of creativity without him
Well yes, take maybe the best footballer in history out of a team and they'd be worse off. But without Messi they'd likely also have a different squad and different tactics, so it's kinda a moot point. Besides, Messi was playing, and Liverpool did beat them 4-0. I just can't comprehend dismissing it when Barca has been wiping the floor with everyone all season, in Europe and domestically.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm

I've seen this a few places and it's completely absurd. For any team to beat Barcelona 4-0 is a ridiculous achievement, and the sudden attitude of 'nah, Barca aren't very good' is baffling.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 am

Colly wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm
I've seen this a few places and it's completely absurd. For any team to beat Barcelona 4-0 is a ridiculous achievement, and the sudden attitude of 'nah, Barca aren't very good' is baffling.
I think it's mostly jealousy.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Hjl wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 am
Colly wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm
I think it's mostly jealousy.
Totally, and peoples' dislike for a club leads to them discounting any success or accomplishments. There are plenty of clubs I actively cheer against (or I should say, I'll always cheer for the team they're playing), but I have no problem admitting when they've accomplished something, and don't feel like I have to find excuses for why they got lucky or didn't deserve it.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 pm

The fact that Barca got absolutely ran over 4-0 should tell you enough to know they're not all that. They were veeeeery fortunate to be up 3-0 were it not for Messi, a lot of their core players are 30+ and are past it. Messi is the Ronaldo factor at Barca, they spent big on dembele and couthino and wasted millions upon millions. The Spanish league is not at all as near competitive with real and Barca taking the lion's share of TV money.

In the past Barca were rightly feared, but now? Bollocks.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 pm

krully wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 pm
The fact that Barca got absolutely ran over 4-0 should tell you enough to know they're not all that. They were veeeeery fortunate to be up 3-0 were it not for Messi, a lot of their core players are 30+ and are past it. Messi is the Ronaldo factor at Barca, they spent big on dembele and couthino and wasted millions upon millions. The Spanish league is not at all as near competitive with real and Barca taking the lion's share of TV money.

I think that's doing a disservice to Liverpool who have this year played phenomenal football at times and if it was not for Man city would have won this league at a canter.The fact they could end up on 97 points and not win it is crazy.
Barca won their league with ease losing just 3 games beating Real 3-0 and 5-1 plus beating the likes of Inter, Spurs and Man U in the Champions league i'm struggling to see how they're not all that.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am

I will always support any English club over any foreign one. Even if Sunderland, by some unimaginable catastrophe, managed to get into a champions league final I'd support them over a tiki taka **** side like Barca and Real

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat May 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am
I will always support any English club over any foreign one. Even if Sunderland, by some unimaginable catastrophe, managed to get into a champions league final I'd support them over a tiki taka **** side like Barca and Real
Was with you right up until you said Sunderland. I'd never support them in any way shape or form.

Not that you'll ever have to worry about that mind...

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 pm
krully wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I think that's doing a disservice to Liverpool who have this year played phenomenal football at times and if it was not for Man city would have won this league at a canter.The fact they could end up on 97 points and not win it is crazy.
Barca won their league with ease losing just 3 games beating Real 3-0 and 5-1 plus beating the likes of Inter, Spurs and Man U in the Champions league i'm struggling to see how they're not all that.
The circular logic that Barca isn't good because their league isn't as deep as England, while beating several of the top teams in England on the way to the semis is baffling to me. If every time a club beat a good team by a big score was dismissed because the opposing team lost by a big score, we'd never consider victories impressive.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Imagine if we did the same for the Man Utd 5-0. They must have been rubbish if we could do that.