England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: The Managerial Merry-Go-Round Thread

Post by beatski » Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 am

Did a great job at Chelsea until their players with power in the dressing room (led by Hazard and Courtois) downed tools.
Also done a great job at Juventus.

rumours that Ronaldo is not too keen on working with him though
Why not?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Beatski wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am

Also done a great job at Juventus.

rumours that Ronaldo is not too keen on working with him though
Why not?
Because both their egos wouldn't fit into the one room I'd imagine
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 am

Conte going to Inter, looking like Sarri will be going to Juve after all, Frank Lampard favourite for the Chelsea job if it does go through
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 am
Conte going to Inter, looking like Sarri will be going to Juve after all, Frank Lampard favourite for the Chelsea job if it does go through
He's done a good job at Derby, especially in integrating young players which may be the path that Chelsea look towards now that Roman won't bank roll title bids like he used to. They do have a lot of young talent there, Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Mount etc.

Big step up though going from Derby who's aim was to make the playoffs to Chelsea who will be aiming for CL football.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue May 21, 2019 9:20 am

Gabriel Batistuta is apparently interested in the Middlesbrough job!
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 am
He's done a good job at Derby, especially in integrating young players which may be the path that Chelsea look towards now that Roman won't bank roll title bids like he used to. They do have a lot of young talent there, Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Mount etc.

Big step up though going from Derby who's aim was to make the playoffs to Chelsea who will be aiming for CL football.

True, it's a big step up, but as you say he's done a good job with a young Derby team and that may be the approach Chelsea go with in the next few years
I'll Hazard a guess

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 21, 2019 10:45 am

I still think Lampard needs a few more years to cut his teeth in management before he can take the reins of a big club with above average expectations.

He's done well with Derby this year and if they get promotion then he'll be closely watched by the Chelsea board as a future manager.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 21, 2019 11:06 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:45 am
I still think Lampard needs a few more years to cut his teeth in management before he can take the reins of a big club with above average expectations.

He's done well with Derby this year and if they get promotion then he'll be closely watched by the Chelsea board as a future manager.
I will point out that I don't think he should get the job, I agree he should stay with Derby
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 21, 2019 11:39 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:06 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:45 am

I will point out that I don't think he should get the job, I agree he should stay with Derby
I think he should be given a chance at a mid table premier league club that doesn't spend much money :bandit:
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Niko Kovac rumoured to leave Bayern, Allegri to take over
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Chelsea ladies manager Emma Hayes being linked as a distant outsider for the men's team role should Sarri leave this summer. I don't follow the women's league, at all, but on paper she has quite a good CV. Highly unlikely, but could be a very interesting appointment.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm
Chelsea ladies manager Emma Hayes being linked as a distant outsider for the men's team role should Sarri leave this summer. I don't follow the women's league, at all, but on paper she has quite a good CV. Highly unlikely, but could be a very interesting appointment.
I’d have no issue with a woman managing a mans team, but that’s an almighty step up. It’d be like going from working in McDonald’s to being a chef in a Michelin star restaurant. I don’t think there’s anything in it personally, bigging up the women’s game is the media’s favourite pastime at the moment.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm
I’d have no issue with a woman managing a mans team, but that’s an almighty step up. It’d be like going from working in McDonald’s to being a chef in a Michelin star restaurant. I don’t think there’s anything in it personally, bigging up the women’s game is the media’s favourite pastime at the moment.
Agreed on all points. It will happen eventually though, and it'd be nice if it was a so called big team to make that first push.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Agreed on all points. It will happen eventually though, and it'd be nice if it was a so called big team to make that first push.
It's one of those tough situations where someone will have to make the leap, or I should say, a club will have to support the leap, because it's impossible to get the top level experience without experience at the top. We have started to see some women at the top levels of basketball and American football, and for the former, it's maybe not surprising the San Antonio Spurs were (one of) the first.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Don't think it's as much of a leap up technically or tactically as people think, you're still managing the same game and the same rules apply at any level. If you're a good manager you can be a good manager at any level.

Main difference is the pressure and the ability to deal with global stars in the dressing room.

She has experience which is more than most first time League managers have when clubs take a punt on them, much rather have her than some former player who 'loves the club'. If it's a choice between Terry and her, go for her but they really should be getting someone world class in.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 am

I remember when the rumours of Hope Powell to Everton were kicking round a few years back and all the calls of 'but she's never played the mens game to a high level so won't get their respect'. While Jose Mourinho was winning all the trophies.

It'll happen sooner rather than later, but as always whoever it is will be under far more pressure, will take a brave first candidate.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed May 22, 2019 9:05 am

Talk that Guardiola is off to Juventus
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 pm

I don't buy it

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed May 22, 2019 12:21 pm

I think it's probably a sensible move eventually, and the timing from Juve's side is right now, but I reckon Pep will want another go at the Champions League with City first.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Bilic looks like he’s taking over at WBA and Woodgate taking charge at Boro.